• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's one thing you learned since last year?

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hopefully something profound.

Mine is 'the moment I think I got something figured out, I discovered that the subject goes much deeper than I ever could have expected'

This seems to apply to pretty much everything, except technical subjects.

Nothing lasts forever. Everyone and everything eventually changes, good or bad, change always comes.

Perhaps not new wisdom, but an emphasis on old knowledge come to fore.

Obama is Putin's pawn.

Mine is 'the moment I think I got something figured out, I discovered that the subject goes much deeper than I ever could have expected'

That's called the first step of learning. When one first understands how little one knows about a subject.

I went thru marriage counseling and found out most of our issues were budgetary and reaction to the stress caused by it. I learned what all the numbers on my accounting reports mean, and made some adjustments including putting myself on payroll and running a home budget, and now my marriage (14 years now) is in better shape than ever and I feel like I am running my business instead of it running me. Who ever would have thought that the steps to taking control of my business would come from a marriage counselor? Certainly not me, but that is what happened. Best $600 I ever spent.

Sensor systems, numerical processing of images, digital analysis systems...

...oooh, you mean life stuff. I learned that you can rarely find exactly what you are looking for in terms of wardrobe and apparel in general so if you do find something you like and you think it's useful, buy it because sometime later you may not find it and you'll end up with jeans you don't like and sport shoes you hate to wear.

I know it sounds girlish but it isn't. Women have a much easier time shopping for things because there are a lot more stores for women apparel than for men.

Back
Top Bottom