• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's next?

Middle_Ground

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Whether it be 20, 24, 28 I have no predictions. But eventually another party will have control of the White House and Senate.
We've never had one party control for too long and that's a good thing.

Are you okay going forward with 51 senators approving judges? Or just 51 for everything?

Are you okay with money taken from congressional approved projects going to non congressional approved projects?

Are you okay with political speeches and campaign events held on federally funded properties especially if they are closed to the public?

Are you okay with norms not being law so they can be changed at the whim of whoever is in office? Do we want more laws or can we go back to tradition?

Are you okay with foreign governments supporting and spending money in our country to elect anyone from any party?

Is it okay for any politician from any party dog catcher to president to only want to serve those that voted for them?

Is it okay for any elected leader to remove anyone from government that doesn't agree with them?

Just wondering if this is all okay with everyone?
If it is what's next?
If it isn't what's next?
If you can leave Trump out of this and insert any politicians name you know like your mayor, governor, congress person etc that would be great.

Whether it be 20, 24, 28 I have no predictions. But eventually another party will have control of the White House and Senate.
We've never had one party control for too long and that's a good thing.

Are you okay going forward with 51 senators approving judges? Or just 51 for everything?

Are you okay with money taken from congressional approved projects going to non congressional approved projects?

Are you okay with political speeches and campaign events held on federally funded properties especially if they are closed to the public?

Are you okay with norms not being law so they can be changed at the whim of whoever is in office? Do we want more laws or can we go back to tradition?

Are you okay with foreign governments supporting and spending money in our country to elect anyone from any party?

Is it okay for any politician from any party dog catcher to president to only want to serve those that voted for them?

Is it okay for any elected leader to remove anyone from government that doesn't agree with them?

Just wondering if this is all okay with everyone?
If it is what's next?
If it isn't what's next?
If you can leave Trump out of this and insert any politicians name you know like your mayor, governor, congress person etc that would be great.

We've reached the point where the Hutus and Tutsis were just before the Rwandan genocide began.
The Hutus had been broadcasting dehumanizing rhetoric for many months, portraying Tutsis as demonic cockroaches who deserved to be exterminated.

In Rwanda, We Know All About Dehumanizing Language

Now compare that to what we read every single day from Trump supporters here on DP.

It is a nonstop false narrative and it is direct from the Putin "Hey let's you and him fight" playbook.

Sorry! It is IMPOSSIBLE to leave Trump out of this because he IS THIS.

years from now and we could see communal riots, probably not the scale like India but something like what we saw in Portland last night, just absolute hate from both sides

its the institutions ripping us apart as Americans and a CRISIS like a war or a recession or A PANDEMIC was supposed to untie us, but it didn't??

...Are you okay going forward with 51 senators approving judges? Or just 51 for everything?

Yes to the Judges, since that's better than having no Judges appointed because the Political Parties refuse to cooperated for partisan reasons. Same for getting Legislation passed.

...Are you okay with money taken from congressional approved projects going to non congressional approved projects?

That depends. The answer is yes, if the reason falls under the Presidential "emergency reallocation" powers granted by Congress.

It should remain for Congress to review alleged misuses. Problem is partisan politics occurs here too.

..Are you okay with political speeches and campaign events held on federally funded properties especially if they are closed to the public?

Yes. I have no problem with this. :shrug:

..Are you okay with norms not being law so they can be changed at the whim of whoever is in office? Do we want more laws or can we go back to tradition?

If something is not a "law" then labeling it a "norm" is just hot air. Of course "norms" should be subject to change. But something being a law should also be. It was "LAW" for people to be sold into slavery, women not allowed to vote, and teens drafted for Wars but having no vote.

..Are you okay with foreign governments supporting and spending money in our country to elect anyone from any party?

Foreign governments are always "interfering." Hell, OUR nation has a history of interfering in the internal politics of nations all over the world. Nothing we can do short of sanctions unless you want to go to war.

I think your real question has to do with politicians here accepting such help. That can be dealt with in election law, but IMO it should only apply "legally" if the political group intentionally sought it.

..Is it okay for any politician from any party dog catcher to president to only want to serve those that voted for them?

Yes. If they so choose. Typically, people vote for politicians who claim to serve their goals/needs/wants. Of course, those voters they piss off while in office can vote them out next election.

..Is it okay for any elected leader to remove anyone from government that doesn't agree with them?

Yes. If those who disagree are either appointed, or serve at the pleasure of that elected official. It does not typically apply to civil service personnel.

But the appointed leadership had damn well better work for the elected person, or if they don't feel they can? Resign.

..Just wondering if this is all okay with everyone?

I can't speak for "everyone." People are going to have their own views on each of the above.

My responses reflect my views.

..If it is what's next?
If it isn't what's next?

Irrelevant, as no one answering can speak for anyone else either.

All one can say is, if they have strong opinions and the energy to act on them...then get personally active. Hell, run for office yourself.

..If you can leave Trump out of this and insert any politicians name you know like your mayor, governor, congress person etc that would be great.

My answers apply to any elected official.

Last edited:
We've reached the point where the Hutus and Tutsis were just before the Rwandan genocide began.
The Hutus had been broadcasting dehumanizing rhetoric for many months, portraying Tutsis as demonic cockroaches who deserved to be exterminated.

In Rwanda, We Know All About Dehumanizing Language

Now compare that to what we read every single day from Trump supporters here on DP.

It is a nonstop false narrative and it is direct from the Putin "Hey let's you and him fight" playbook.

Sorry! It is IMPOSSIBLE to leave Trump out of this because he IS THIS.

I hope we haven't gone so far and that's it's truly a fringe minority that pushing the narrative and when they are gone the sentiment is gone.
I wanted to keep Trump out of it because I don't believe 1 solitary man can actually stoke this much division. It was there he's just playing on it.

years from now and we could see communal riots, probably not the scale like India but something like what we saw in Portland last night, just absolute hate from both sides

its the institutions ripping us apart as Americans and a CRISIS like a war or a recession or A PANDEMIC was supposed to untie us, but it didn't??

I don't think anything can unite us anymore. I swear if there's a war one side will just blame the other adnausem until we are fighting for years upon years.

Okay as long as your okay with these things for any politician of any party then at least you have reasoned it out and your okay with it all being done by someone you might not agree with, that's very forward thinking of you.

I hope we haven't gone so far and that's it's truly a fringe minority that pushing the narrative and when they are gone the sentiment is gone.
I wanted to keep Trump out of it because I don't believe 1 solitary man can actually stoke this much division. It was there he's just playing on it.

Got some bad news for you, he's not just one man, he's an institution because he is being supported by an institution, The Kremlin, and the entire GOP who finally admitted that The Kremlin is pulling the strings.

Not sure anybody else really noticed, but based on what I saw in Kenosha we were pretty close to extended armed conflict between citizens. IMO, the only reason it has calmed to some extent there is that they all scared the crap out of each other, both sides.

I don't think anything can unite us anymore. I swear if there's a war one side will just blame the other adnausem until we are fighting for years upon years.

man I think your right, i really dont know what could unite us

Not sure anybody else really noticed, but based on what I saw in Kenosha we were pretty close to extended armed conflict between citizens. IMO, the only reason it has calmed to some extent there is that they all scared the crap out of each other, both sides.

Driven by a Facebook group that was reported four hundred and fifty five times in a matter of hours.
Zuck didn't even bother to check the group out.
He said, "doesn't violate community standards".

Back
Top Bottom