• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's More Important to the Lying Thieves Anyway?

Your post is filled with hate and anger.

Not surprisingly, it is virtually irrational.
It's not irrational - that was Trump's response to watching the U.S. Capitol being overrun with MAGA thugs - do nothing. He didn't check on the VP or anyone else, because it didn't concern him. He didn't issue any statement until coerced into it by his staff, and when he did, he told the thugs he loved them. He didn't organize the NG response - Pence and others did that. He watched it on the TV and sat on his fat ass and did nothing.

It's rational to believe that's an abdication of his duty as President. And it's rational to conclude that a POTUS with that reaction is a worthless POS, and that those who support him have taken a wrecking ball to any notion that there's a standard of behavior, by a GOP President, that's worthy of condemning. Apparently, if Trump does it, it's FINE with the MAGAs.

Will Congress do something helpful or just jack off like always?

Thoughts?
I also sense that fear of a Congress that gets more done than the current Trump obstructionist Congress Critters is the underlying issue here.

Walk and chew gum at the same time, in which I'm confident that the new Biden Admin and Congress can do to help those who need help while serving a helping dish of justice to those who have dearly earned it.

Justice to whom for what?

It's not irrational - that was Trump's response to watching the U.S. Capitol being overrun with MAGA thugs - do nothing. He didn't check on the VP or anyone else, because it didn't concern him. He didn't issue any statement until coerced into it by his staff, and when he did, he told the thugs he loved them. He didn't organize the NG response - Pence and others did that. He watched it on the TV and sat on his fat ass and did nothing.

It's rational to believe that's an abdication of his duty as President. And it's rational to conclude that a POTUS with that reaction is a worthless POS, and that those who support him have taken a wrecking ball to any notion that there's a standard of behavior, by a GOP President, that's worthy of condemning. Apparently, if Trump does it, it's FINE with the MAGAs.

More hate induced rage and hate.

Do you have a link to anything rational that supports your raving?

I also sense that fear of a Congress that gets more done than the current Trump obstructionist Congress Critters is the underlying issue here.

The underlying issue where?

More hate induced rage and hate.

Do you have a link to anything rational that supports your raving?
I'm not going to bother with any links. The stories are out there. If you've been in a right wing bubble and any of that is new, expand your horizons a bit.

Or you can link to any discussion of Trump's response that wasn't "sat on his ass while desperate Republicans called his close aides to beg him to issue a condemnation and organize the NG to put down the insurrection." Can you find ANYONE in power, in Congress or the WH, praising Trump's response? No. Because his first response DURING THE INSURRECTION was putting an even bigger bullseye on the back of Pence.

Here's what that ****ing asshole Trump was worried about at that time, at 2:24:

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!"

Nothing like pouring gasoline on a bonfire as the insurrection already underway is just about to cause the evacuation of the U.S. Capitol. And we know now the insurrectionists heard the message and were seeking out Pence, with the message "Hang Pence." NICE JOB DONNIE!!!

It was around the Pence Tweet that the Capitol was evacuated, so let's call it 2:30. How long until Trump tweeted out his "we love you" video to those occupying the U.S. Capitol? 4:17, or nearly TWO HOURS after the evacuation, that sent his own VP among others into hiding. And of course nothing says stand down like POTUS telling them he loves them.... That's a helluva message to send to the insurrectionists, the country and the world.

Etc. I don't know why you're defending this asshole.

There seem to be a couple questions looming before our lying thieves in Congress that they appear to believe require their immediate consideration:

1. Proposing legislation to pay out the balance of the $2000 as requested by the President or just an additional $2000 that will actually help the American people.
2. Working hard and fast to jam through another impeachment to somehow remove the President from office a few hours earlier than he'd leave anyway.

What do we think around here? Will Congress do something helpful or just jack off like always?

Thoughts?

I think that I remember a few days ago, Mr. Biden gently hinted that impeachment might not be a good idea at this time.

Well, it was a sign of the old gentleman's lack of power that Queen Nancy blithely ignored him and proceeded with the foul deed.

Hopefully, during the time that Mr. Biden is in the Oval Office, Dr. Biden will put Queen Nancy in her place.

I think that I remember a few days ago, Mr. Biden gently hinted that impeachment might not be a good idea at this time.

Well, it was a sign of the old gentleman's lack of power that Queen Nancy blithely ignored him and proceeded with the foul deed.

Hopefully, during the time that Mr. Biden is in the Oval Office, Dr. Biden will put Queen Nancy in her place.
Only in the Trump party is the President treated as a king. In the Democratic party, Biden is one man, one of the leaders of the Democratic party, but not the only leader, and at times Congress won't agree and it's up to Joe Biden to convince them to come to his side, not to threaten them into submission, which he cannot do even if he tried, because the rest of the party hasn't pledged unconditional fealty to Biden.

I'm not going to bother with any links. The stories are out there. If you've been in a right wing bubble and any of that is new, expand your horizons a bit.

Or you can link to any discussion of Trump's response that wasn't "sat on his ass while desperate Republicans called his close aides to beg him to issue a condemnation and organize the NG to put down the insurrection." Can you find ANYONE in power, in Congress or the WH, praising Trump's response? No. Because his first response DURING THE INSURRECTION was putting an even bigger bullseye on the back of Pence.

Here's what that ****ing asshole Trump was worried about at that time, at 2:24:

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!"

Nothing like pouring gasoline on a bonfire as the insurrection already underway is just about to cause the evacuation of the U.S. Capitol. And we know now the insurrectionists heard the message and were seeking out Pence, with the message "Hang Pence." NICE JOB DONNIE!!!

It was around the Pence Tweet that the Capitol was evacuated, so let's call it 2:30. How long until Trump tweeted out his "we love you" video to those occupying the U.S. Capitol? 4:17, or nearly TWO HOURS after the evacuation, that sent his own VP among others into hiding. And of course nothing says stand down like POTUS telling them he loves them.... That's a helluva message to send to the insurrectionists, the country and the world.

Etc. I don't know why you're defending this asshole.

So, then... No link?

The only statement from Biden relating to this that i know about was the one in which he hoped that the Senate could attend to this while they did the important, needed things also.

Do you have a link regarding him gently hinting that the House should not impeach?

By what authority do you predict that Jill will reign in Nancy?

The op.

Trump and his devoted unlawful violators. You'll reject to understand this by choice.

So, then, nothing in particular. Just a purge against dissidents by the new politburo.

Got it!

The only statement from Biden relating to this that i know about was the one in which he hoped that the Senate could attend to this while they did the important, needed things also.

Do you have a link regarding him gently hinting that the House should not impeach?

By what authority do you predict that Jill will reign in Nancy?

Dr. Biden will rein in Nancy if the latter starts to give orders to Mr. Biden. No wife wants another woman to dictate to her husband. She wants to do that herself.

If they impeach him he can't run for office again and loses all of his perks.

Sounds good to me.

Only a Senate conviction can officially prevent the rattlesnake from running from any public office in the future. However, the RNC will ban him for life so he would have to run as an independent or a third party candidate and change his voter registration to NPA.

So, then, nothing in particular. Just a purge against dissidents by the new politburo.

Got it!

Will Congress do something helpful or just jack off like always?
The author of the op just looking for a rise.

Weren't you neocons of the past against placating to the terrorists?

He won't go quietly no matter how docile you want the Democrats to act. He and his lunatic followers already believe the election was stolen from them. They already rioted, vandalized and murdered at Capitol Hill all under Dear Leader's direction. And there will be the craziest cultists who will deliver more domestic terror for years to come. Letting him 'go' won't change any of that.
They are lucky dems arent just having him dragged out. He committed capitol crimes. That usually gets one the ultimate penalty. Its unfortunate we give so much immunity to one man.

Dr. Biden will rein in Nancy if the latter starts to give orders to Mr. Biden. No wife wants another woman to dictate to her husband. She wants to do that herself.

Made me smile. ;)

The problem with asking the Senate republicants for a symbolic (not removing Trump from office any sooner) impeachment conviction is that it puts those republicants in the position of agreeing with Pelosi and Schumer over the objections of a significant portion of their voting base. The whole idea of holding an impeachment “trial” with an obviously partisan jury pool is terribly flawed.

Yes. Even the first time, they acquitted not because there was not enough evidence, but for political reasons and because they were intimidated by the cult terrorists.

"Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office. ...

I will not vote to remove the President because doing so would inflict extraordinary and potentially irreparable damage to our already divided nation."
-Marco Rubio (R)

Trump should be tried in criminal court. Felons serving time can’t run for office either.

Yes. Even the first time, they acquitted not because there was not enough evidence, but for political reasons and because they were intimidated by the cult terrorists.

"Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office. ...

I will not vote to remove the President because doing so would inflict extraordinary and potentially irreparable damage to our already divided nation."
-Marco Rubio (R)

Trump should be tried in criminal court. Felons serving time can’t run for office either.

I agree 100% with trying Trump on criminal charges ASAP. We have to dump the idea of using ‘internal investigations’ (with personnel actions, up to termination, as the maximum sentencing guidelines) instead of the criminal justice system for (alleged) crimes committed by government employees (especially police officers).

-Marco Rubio (R)

I never cease being amazed by this line of tripe.

BIDEN committed the quid pro quo.

Trump was impeached for asking that it be investigated.

Back
Top Bottom