• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whats going on?

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hello...

I joined this forum tonight at the spur of the moment, immediately after doing a google search for political forums. I've been member of other forums that had a political area, but never a pure politics forum like this. Unfortunately, with many hobby based forums, you end up with one-sided political views. For instance, at a shooting sports forum you get 90% conservatives, while at backpacking forums you get 90% liberals, at least at the ones I've joined. At that backpacking forum, I made the mistake of posting at the political forum, not knowing it was mostly biased one way like the shooting forum, and even though I made it clear that I DO agree with some of the hot button issues which are supported by liberals, I was generally attacked by multiple people any time I commented on anything, even when agreeing with them, simply because I didnt ALWAYS agree with them on everything. To be fair, there were 2 people at the shooting forum who could be uncivil at times too. So I thought it would be a good idea to join a forum that doesnt allow personal insults. It seems increasingly difficult to discuss politics without personal attacks, especially when you arent in lock-step with one side or the other, and I'm not.

There are things I think the rep politicians need to be more flexible on, but even though I was 'convinced'(indoctrinated) from an early age into supporting dems and liberal causes, while strongly disliking repub's, I have since 'seen the light' of moderation and I'm now more disappointed with the state of the dem party. I guess when I finally came to realize I had been politically manipulated as a teenager and young adult, I was none too happy about it! I'd much rather be told the truth, and given the chance to make my OWN decisions politically, than being lied to and manipulated into supporting policies I wouldnt have otherwise supported had I been told the truth....

Anyway, thats where I'm at, and although I am an opinionated person(maybe too much so), I do respect other ideas, and I am open to changing my mind when needed, which wouldnt be possible without listening to different opinions. Thats what brings me here.....:peace

It's a nice place. Not as uptight as some places and very few wackadoos.

Welcome to Debate Politics! I think you'll find that overall the forum has a fairly even right/left spread of posters, although certain forums... Zimmerman, Gun Control, Abortion, etc. ... may disproportionately lean more toward one "side" or the other. I hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome to the zoo! Don't feed the animals, as some have egos ready to burst. Feel free to bang on the cages a bit just to see which animals are aggressive, firendly, easily spooked or just lonely. ;)

Last edited:
Hiya, MN. Don't concern yourself with universal appeal. Nonesuch is possible. Whatever position you adopt, irrespective of issue, you'll garner both support and criticism.

Stick to your guns and welcome aboard. :)

Hello...

I joined this forum tonight at the spur of the moment, immediately after doing a google search for political forums. I've been member of other forums that had a political area, but never a pure politics forum like this. Unfortunately, with many hobby based forums, you end up with one-sided political views. For instance, at a shooting sports forum you get 90% conservatives, while at backpacking forums you get 90% liberals, at least at the ones I've joined. At that backpacking forum, I made the mistake of posting at the political forum, not knowing it was mostly biased one way like the shooting forum, and even though I made it clear that I DO agree with some of the hot button issues which are supported by liberals, I was generally attacked by multiple people any time I commented on anything, even when agreeing with them, simply because I didnt ALWAYS agree with them on everything. To be fair, there were 2 people at the shooting forum who could be uncivil at times too. So I thought it would be a good idea to join a forum that doesnt allow personal insults. It seems increasingly difficult to discuss politics without personal attacks, especially when you arent in lock-step with one side or the other, and I'm not.

There are things I think the rep politicians need to be more flexible on, but even though I was 'convinced'(indoctrinated) from an early age into supporting dems and liberal causes, while strongly disliking repub's, I have since 'seen the light' of moderation and I'm now more disappointed with the state of the dem party. I guess when I finally came to realize I had been politically manipulated as a teenager and young adult, I was none too happy about it! I'd much rather be told the truth, and given the chance to make my OWN decisions politically, than being lied to and manipulated into supporting policies I wouldnt have otherwise supported had I been told the truth....

Anyway, thats where I'm at, and although I am an opinionated person(maybe too much so), I do respect other ideas, and I am open to changing my mind when needed, which wouldnt be possible without listening to different opinions. Thats what brings me here.....:peace

Welcome to DP. Uhhhhhhhmmmmm. I think you're taking about "diversity". Some people are for it...some aren't. Stick with the things that make you comfortable or can tolerate. I'm sure you learned to do that in other forums.

Don't expect everyone to offer you wide-open, loving, caring arms to embrace your beliefs or leanings or morals. But some will. Dive in with your thickest skin and have fun.

welcome to DP.

Back
Top Bottom