• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's going on with Matt Whitaker???

I'm not really interested in the stuff that comes out of your speculation factory and I take articles that are based on stuff from unnamed sources with a grain of salt. But I did find this from your first link interesting.

According to Justice Department regulations, Mueller’s office would be required to submit such a report to both the attorney general and deputy attorney general if it's taking any action that would garner significant media attention or attention on Capitol Hill.

The DOJ regulations specify that those reports need to be filed “at least three days in advance of anticipated developments or events to provide department leadership with appropriate notice,” or 24 hours in advance when dealing with “unanticipated events and emergencies.”

The plea deal with Cohen was considered to fall into that three-day category, and the special counsel’s office says the regulation was followed.

So...the unnamed source says one thing and Mueller's office says another thing that contradicts the unnamed source.

I don't know...NeverTrumpGOP, who do YOU believe?

And here I thought we were over the Whitaker head explosions.

I'm not really interested in the stuff that comes out of your speculation factory and I take articles that are based on stuff from unnamed sources with a grain of salt. But I did find this from your first link interesting.

So...the unnamed source says one thing and Mueller's office says another thing that contradicts the unnamed source.

I don't know...NeverTrumpGOP, who do YOU believe?

I posted six articles, what unnamed sources are you talking about here?

I posted six articles, what unnamed sources are you talking about here?

Hard of reading? I specifically referred to and quoted from your first link.

At this point I'm honestly baffled by Whitaker's status right now. I've read that he isn't even directly overseeing Mueller's investigation yet. I really don't know what to think about this yet.

There was no unnamed source in that quote.

Do you even read the articles you link to?

But a source familiar with the timeline told Fox News that Whitaker was only informed of the impending plea deal between Mueller and Cohen on Wednesday afternoon.

A source close to President Trump confirmed they were informed Wednesday evening.

Do you even read the articles you link to?

This is the first time you quoted that. This is the first time you answered my question. Thank you.

You have yet to disprove the timeline which fits with what the sources are saying.

This is the first time you quoted that. This is the first time you answered my question. Thank you.

You have yet to disprove the timeline which fits with what the sources are saying.

sigh...

Never mind. If you are going to go through all this effort to avoid answering a simple question, it's a waste of my time expecting an answer.

You are dismissed.

sigh...

Never mind. If you are going to go through all this effort to avoid answering a simple question, it's a waste of my time expecting an answer.

You are dismissed.

You insisted that the unnamed sources were incorrect. You have yet to shown where they were incorrect. I'm not the one wasting people's time.

You insisted that the unnamed sources were incorrect. You have yet to shown where they were incorrect. I'm not the one wasting people's time.

You allowed mycroft to direct your attention away from the subject of the thread toward yet another debate on using unnamed sources, which was his purpose from the beginning. You can be more disciplined that this.

Back
Top Bottom