• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What's a terrorist?

Originally posted by nogoodname
I think something like bombing a country from a desk is cowardly.
How about forcing a country to disarm, then attacking with the most technologically advanced military the world has ever seen.

Boy, did that take balls!

Billo_Really said:
How about forcing a country to disarm, then attacking with the most technologically advanced military the world has ever seen.

Boy, did that take balls!
sure didnt

sure didnt
Didn't need long to think about it now, did ya?

Why is testicular girth relevant ?

Evel Kneivel had balls, and I still wouldn't vote for him or put him in command of armed forces.

When a child needs a spanking, the parent is performing a duty, not displaying "bravery".

Originally posted by Voidwar:
Why is testicular girth relevant ?
It's a figure of speech.

Evel Kneivel had balls, and I still wouldn't vote for him or put him in command of armed forces.
No, you voted for an AWOL to be commander-in-chief.

When a child needs a spanking, the parent is performing a duty, not displaying "bravery".
That's child abuse!

Billo_Really said:
Didn't need long to think about it now, did ya?
no it took way long :roll: maybe 10seconds or so

no it took way long maybe 10seconds or so
That's too much time.

niftydrifty said:
The word "Terrorist," by definition, tells you about what people do, yet it tells you very little about whom they are. Terrorism is a tactic. When I hear about "terrorists in Iraq attacking our troops," well, I just shake my head in astonishment. Why does anyone use the word "terrorist?" For the same reason that Native Americans were called "savages." It's exactly like nogoodname says. Anyone attacking military personnel are not terrorists. From their own perspective, they assume they are defending the only way of life they may have ever known. But the cognitive dissonance corps will have their way with that last post, for sure! Just wait for the flames to fly! Whomever takes that bait will question the poster's patriotism, for sure, and we'll hear nothing about the nature of "the terrorists." It's the script they've learned to parrot. I pity these posters. Here they come...

Great Point. I absolutely hate it when the media calls any suicide bombing on troops terrorist. The way you fight doesn't make you a terrorist, it's who you intended target is.

When terrorists behead a civilian, it's terrorism because it is trying to scare people. But when they blow up a military installation, it is not terrorism as they are trying to accomplish military goals, not civilian.

And let's get one thing strait. Blowing yourself up among civilians is cowardly. Blowing yourself up on a military target is not as cowardly as sitting thousands of miles away launching missiles.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:

Wrong Again, and again, and again . . .

Joby said:
Great Point. I absolutely hate it when the media calls any suicide bombing on troops terrorist. The way you fight doesn't make you a terrorist, it's who you intended target is.

When terrorists behead a civilian, it's terrorism because it is trying to scare people. But when they blow up a military installation, it is not terrorism as they are trying to accomplish military goals, not civilian.

And let's get one thing strait. Blowing yourself up among civilians is cowardly. Blowing yourself up on a military target is not as cowardly as sitting thousands of miles away launching missiles.
exactly. Hey question for u all. When Children fight america is it alright to kill them or capture them? And are they terroists? Ok well here is my anwser at best i would try to capture them but they can be killed because they are shooting at u but i also got to say that if my parents were killed by americans i would want to fight them or the same for if they were killed by iran or something.

nogoodname said:
if my parents were killed by americans i would want to fight them or the same for if they were killed by iran or something.

The parents had it coming, and if the kid feels that way, put him down too. Lets not waste the food and air, when we could make a good person with it instead.

The parents had it coming, and if the kid feels that way, put him down too. Lets not waste the food and air, when we could make a good person with it instead.
Boy, did your parents blow it there!

What do you know about being a good person?

Wrong Again, and again, and again . . .
Say it, don't spray it!

And a little proof to back you up would be nice.

Voidwar said:
Wow i can tell were gona win Muslims with this.:doh

Billo_Really said:
And a little proof to back you up would be nice.

You asserted, first, that I voted for someone.

You have no proof, and you are wrong.

nogoodname said:
Wow i can tell were gona win Muslims with this.:doh

No longer interested in winning the Hearts of Muslims, stopping will suffice.

You have no proof, and you are wrong.
Anyone who doesn't vote is a pathetic little bitch and should STFU, they get what they deserve!

Billo_Really said:
Anyone who doesn't vote is a pathetic little bitch and should STFU, they get what they deserve!

Whats that got to do with me ? Are you trying to take the discussion anywhere but where it was; examining your unsubstantiated assertions about me ?

Whats that got to do with me ? Are you trying to take the discussion anywhere but where it was; examining your unsubstantiated assertions about me ?
That's just how I feel about people who don't vote. What was your point about saying this?
Why bring that up if it is totally irrevelant to what we were discussing?

Billo_Really said:
Why bring that up if it is totally irrevelant to what we were discussing?

I didn't bring it up, you did.

Billo_Really said:

I didn't bring it up, you did.
I said what I said in response to you saying this...
...back to you!

Fine n Dandy.

Billo_Really said:

You have posted an unsubstantiated and inaccurate assertion here. Why do you post things that are untrue and that you cannot support ? Will you, when called to account for it, display the class to retract the assertion ?

Originally posted by Picaro:
Our government was responsible for preventing it, and it failed to do so.
Our government, because of some of it's foreign policy decisions, was responsible (on some level) for causing it. And since the government does things in our name, each and every American 18 and older, is responsible (in some way) for causing it as well. Most of the responsibility is on the people that did the act. But the factors that led up to that act come from many directions.

You have posted an unsubstantiated and inaccurate assertion here. Why do you post things that are untrue and that you cannot support ? Will you, when called to account for it, display the class to retract the assertion ?
Who did you vote for?

Answer that and you'll find out.

Billo_Really said:
Who did you vote for?

1. You can't even prove whether I did vote or not.

2. If I did vote, you have no way of knowing who for.

So, again, you made this baseless and inaccurate assertion,

Billo_Really said:

have been called on it, and still won't retract it.

Congratulations, your credibility has reached zero.
Please deposit a worthwhile human if you wish to continue.

Back
Top Bottom