• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What's a terrorist?

Originally posted by Voidwar:
1. You can't even prove whether I did vote or not.
I can, if you answer the question.

2. If I did vote, you have no way of knowing who for.
See answer above.

So, again, you made this baseless and inaccurate assertion,
Until you answer the question, this is merely a hypothetical.

have been called on it, and still won't retract it.
Your giving yourself far too much credit.

Congratulations, your credibility has reached zero.
Zero's better than a negative.

Please deposit a worthwhile human if you wish to continue.
How do you know what a human is worth?

Joby said:

When terrorists behead a civilian, it's terrorism because it is trying to scare people. But when they blow up a military installation, it is not terrorism as they are trying to accomplish military goals, not civilian.

Terrorism |ˈterəˌrizəm| noun, the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

I wonder if terrorizing a 18 year old soldier is really different from terrorizing and 18 old civilian. Does the uniform keep you from feeling terror? Ask the Japanese soldiers on the Pacific Islands in WW II who committed suicide or fought to the last man because they were in terror of the treatment the were taught to expect from U.S. soldiers. Are the Lebanese children being bombed by Israel terrorized? Was the dropping of A Bombs on Japanese civilians and Coventry, England terrorism? Terror is terror no matter how we try to sanitize it or parse it with soldier/civilian discussions!

Mr. D said:
Terrorism |ˈterəˌrizəm| noun, the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

I wonder if terrorizing a 18 year old soldier is really different from terrorizing and 18 old civilian. Does the uniform keep you from feeling terror? Ask the Japanese soldiers on the Pacific Islands in WW II who committed suicide or fought to the last man because they were in terror of the treatment the were taught to expect from U.S. soldiers. Are the Lebanese children being bombed by Israel terrorized? Was the dropping of A Bombs on Japanese civilians and Coventry, England terrorism? Terror is terror no matter how we try to sanitize it or parse it with soldier/civilian discussions!
exactly good job nice post :smile:

nogoodname said:
when did i say i would use humans as shields? :rofl You cant even read my posts

Clone said this,

is using less conventional means make you a coward? What about the people flying f-16s 2000 feet above the people they're killing? Are they cowards too?

and actually i've heard several stories of american snipers doing exactly what he just described. but id better not call them cowards, or i might be labeled "unpatriotic".

What you responded to was not a post directed to you.
Seems to me like you should be following the thread more closely.

clone said:
wow are you completly blind? read around the internet...there have been so many "accidental deaths", cases where American soldiers kill innocent iraqis for fun, rapes, torture, and humiliation, not to mention the thousands of innocents killed by American air strikes, accidental or otherwise, and lets not forget guantanamo bay.

the only difference between "cowardice" and "military strategy" is perspective. suicide bombings can also be considered "military strategy".
clone said:
Why are you equating "accidental deaths" with intent?

You can harp on that point all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that there was no intent to incur them.

I am mainly referring to military strategy, not that garbage about 'alleged' tortures and rapes.

SixStringHero said:
clone said:
wow are you completly blind? read around the internet...there have been so many "accidental deaths", cases where American soldiers kill innocent iraqis for fun, rapes, torture, and humiliation, not to mention the thousands of innocents killed by American air strikes, accidental or otherwise, and lets not forget guantanamo bay.
clone said:
the only difference between "cowardice" and "military strategy" is perspective. suicide bombings can also be considered "military strategy".

Why are you equating "accidental deaths" with intent?

You can harp on that point all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that there was no intent to incur them.

I am mainly referring to military strategy, not that garbage about 'alleged' tortures and rapes.

I must disagree with you on this point for several reasons; (a) purposely targeting innocent civilians is never a strategy; (b) Using terror as a weapon is NOT military strategy; (c) terrorists specifically hide among unarmed civilians, in hospitals, schools, and various other venues because they believe it protects them from air strikes.; and (d) Tired arguments about things like "perspective" are little more then propaganda tools used to justify terrorist activity in the eyes of those who support terrorism.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom