• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whatever the left thinks hurts Trump helps him

Orly?

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Love Trump or hate Trump this is hilarious and so true!!

Watch it or you're square..

I think mostly the left is sitting back waiting for Trump to do himself in. Imagine if he suggested raising taxes or something...

I think mostly the left is sitting back waiting for Trump to do himself in. Imagine if he suggested raising taxes or something...

I kept waiting for that moment in the primaries. :(

Love Trump or hate Trump this is hilarious and so true!!

Watch it or you're square..

I'm afraid he may be right: The quotes in the ad are really what attracts the Trumpeteers to his nonsense, sort of like a moth to the flame.

he did suggest raising taxes, and his followers still think he's a conservative. Trump said it best himself: He could go out and shoot someone, and still not lose votes.

he did suggest raising taxes, and his followers still think he's a conservative. Trump said it best himself: He could go out and shoot someone, and still not lose votes.

I knew he did, yes. I wonder how this will affect fundraising and enthusiasm among the base.

That would be the smartest plan, as trump has mastered turning all negativity against him into more votes. However the left will not, they will make the same mistake the gop did, and try to attack him at every turn boosting him rather than just ignoring him and sticking to the points. The media regardless of political loyalty also blasts trump at every turn, because he makes them money and ratings, they hate him but can't turn away.

I said months ago to defeat trump they need to ignore him, he feeds off negativity and craps wins, but both parties and the media keep feeding him, if they dropped every attack article on trump and only showed his debates and positions, his popularity would drop off the map.

They've been doing that since day one, saying he's going to lose, he's going to lose. How has that worked out so far?

They've been doing that since day one, saying he's going to lose, he's going to lose. How has that worked out so far?

The primary is something entirely different from the general.

The primary is something entirely different from the general.

Indeed it is. And when the left is wrong all the way to the election?

Indeed it is. And when the left is wrong all the way to the election?

then we wind up with President Trump and become the laughingstock of the world.

That's the best case scenario.

The worst case is we have a loose cannon in charge of the most powerful military on Earth and with his hand on the nuclear button. Anything can happen then.

then we wind up with President Trump and become the laughingstock of the world.

That's the best case scenario.

The worst case is we have a loose cannon in charge of the most powerful military on Earth and with his hand on the nuclear button. Anything can happen then.

Which is better than President Pantsuit any day of the week. And why do you care what anyone thinks of us? This isn't a popularity contest, this is an election to put the best person we currently have running into the White House. I hate all of the candidates, it will be, as it always is anymore, a vote for the lesser of the available evils, but that person happens to be Trump at the moment, like it or not.

Which is better than President Pantsuit any day of the week. And why do you care what anyone thinks of us? This isn't a popularity contest, this is an election to put the best person we currently have running into the White House. I hate all of the candidates, it will be, as it always is anymore, a vote for the lesser of the available evils, but that person happens to be Trump at the moment, like it or not.

If you're OK with the US as laughingstock of the world, then by all means support Trump. I'm not sure how we'll keep him from sending troops to yet another unnecessary war though.

But, you do have a point. Instead of voting for the lesser of the evils, vote for the greater and support the Donald.

If you're OK with the US as laughingstock of the world, then by all means support Trump. I'm not sure how we'll keep him from sending troops to yet another unnecessary war though.

But, you do have a point. Instead of voting for the lesser of the evils, vote for the greater and support the Donald.

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. I care what is best for America, or in this case, what is least bad for America. Screw the rest of the planet.

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. I care what is best for America, or in this case, what is least bad for America. Screw the rest of the planet.

What's best for America is having some respect of people abroad.

Unless, of course, you think we can go back to the isolationism of the 1930s, but then, we'd likely bring back some of the other aspects of that era as well.

What's best for America is having some respect of people abroad.

Unless, of course, you think we can go back to the isolationism of the 1930s, but then, we'd likely bring back some of the other aspects of that era as well.

Respect is unnecessary when you have power and, like it or not, we're the last remaining superpower. We have the economic and military strength necessary to get that respect, grudging or not, from the rest of the planet. They can't survive without us.

That would be the smartest plan, as trump has mastered turning all negativity against him into more votes. However the left will not, they will make the same mistake the gop did, and try to attack him at every turn boosting him rather than just ignoring him and sticking to the points. The media regardless of political loyalty also blasts trump at every turn, because he makes them money and ratings, they hate him but can't turn away.

I said months ago to defeat trump they need to ignore him, he feeds off negativity and craps wins, but both parties and the media keep feeding him, if they dropped every attack article on trump and only showed his debates and positions, his popularity would drop off the map.

I remember when you said just that.

I also have to chuckle a bit when I hear yet another talking head on yet another news show say..."Any day now, the Trump machine is going to fall apart", yet they hang on every silly thing he DELIBERATELY says, just for the free press.

He played them like a fiddle and you called it back then too.

He is still playing them.

Right here in this thread there are posters saying, " oh, that was the primary"...wait until the general election. He will fall apart then.

Trump hires really good people to advise him on things. He got his money's worth from the ones that advised him about the primary.

The General election WILL be different, but he will also hire more experts to advise him about the general election, just like he did with the primary.

I also get as chuckle at the " no chance against Hillary" people.

In any campaign, military or political, you cannot keep underestimating your opponent and expect to win.

His opponents need to have clear vision and deliberation of action if they want to win.

They can't keep arrogantly dismissing him and his supporters as uneducated, non-thinking idiots.
Yet they do it here on DP and on the news shows all the time.
Yet he swept all five states in the Northeast. That is a whole lot of uneducated, non-thinking idiots....
...or maybe they are very well educated THINKING individuals that are tired of being insulted by elitists.

Yup, you called it way back then, Beerftw., and they have yet to see their errors, and continue to insult and dismiss Trump supporters each and every day.

Just today, here at DP, I heard on another thread where Trump supporters are going to be the ones that bring down all life on this planet.

...and they are the same ones that say a baby born with a penis is not necessarily a male.
...a wig and a dress make a woman
...and a .45 on the nightstand is a false sense of security

You can't make this stuff up. That actually said this stuff.

and they wonder why they are wrong almost all the time?

Last edited:
Respect is unnecessary when you have power and, like it or not, we're the last remaining superpower. We have the economic and military strength necessary to get that respect, grudging or not, from the rest of the planet. They can't survive without us.

While I'm sure that the US is powerful and important enough that Scotland, for example, will still allow our president into their country, even if it turns out to be Donald Conman Trump, it would be a lot easier to make those vaunted deals and negotiations with other nations were we to have a president who the rest of the world respected and trusted.

While I'm sure that the US is powerful and important enough that Scotland, for example, will still allow our president into their country, even if it turns out to be Donald Conman Trump, it would be a lot easier to make those vaunted deals and negotiations with other nations were we to have a president who the rest of the world respected and trusted.

Scotland's not independent.....

But who knows its a crazy world they just might vote for independence.

Scotland's not independent.....

But who knows its a crazy world they just might vote for independence.

Actually, no, it's not independent. You're right.
Their petition, which originated in Scotland, was to ban Trump from the entire UK.
And, it got something like 5 times as many signatures as it needed.

I'd like to ban him from the US as well, but I suppose that's not possible.

I'm waiting for him to call out Clinton for having Vince Foster killed and other crazy conspiracy theories.

I understand this **** didn't hurt trump in the primary, because he was courting the bat**** crazy "I just want someone who tells everyone to **** off"/"Build a wall along Mexico and I'll suck your dick" vote. But in the general election I just can't see this working. If it does then I can't even tell you how much less I will think of the general population of this country.

Back
Top Bottom