• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whatcha Gonna Do?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The missus and I have talked about end of life procedures/policies for a few years now. Procedures and policies doesn’t really address the topic, but it’s the best I could come up with. Both of our sets of parents decided to go the cremation route. I’m not sure it matters once life has left the body, but it is something that creeps into the consciousness every now and then. We are both approaching the end of our seventh decade of life. There have been a few shows on tv that have scenes that make me squirm, just a bit. “The Wire” has a scene or two that go into too much detail about the process. “OZARK” is another and the Hoffa film starring Pacino, DeNiro and Pesci featured an oven scene. We have pretty much decided that we will follow our parents route.

Do these macabre thoughts enter anyone else’s thoughts now and then and what are your end of life plans?

The title brought this excellent clip of Richard Pryor’s show in 1982 to mind. I think it’s worth a look even if the topic doesn’t interest you…….

My preference has been cremation for a long time, after seeing my first and only open casket funeral as a young child. Now though, I'd consider donating my body for scientific use, like the body farm, or practice autopsies, etc (after any viable organs were harvested.)

The missus and I have talked about end of life procedures/policies for a few years now. Procedures and policies doesn’t really address the topic, but it’s the best I could come up with. Both of our sets of parents decided to go the cremation route. I’m not sure it matters once life has left the body, but it is something that creeps into the consciousness every now and then. We are both approaching the end of our seventh decade of life. There have been a few shows on tv that have scenes that make me squirm, just a bit. “The Wire” has a scene or two that go into too much detail about the process. “OZARK” is another and the Hoffa film starring Pacino, DeNiro and Pesci featured an oven scene. We have pretty much decided that we will follow our parents route.

Do these macabre thoughts enter anyone else’s thoughts now and then and what are your end of life plans?

The title brought this excellent clip of Richard Pryor’s show in 1982 to mind. I think it’s worth a look even if the topic doesn’t interest you…….

I've come down on the side of Cremation.

Not putting that forth as the right or even a better way for everyone. Just me.

I'm not sure how that video connects with this topic, but it was entertaining.

My preference has been cremation for a long time, after seeing my first and only open casket funeral as a young child. Now though, I'd consider donating my body for scientific use, like the body farm, or practice autopsies, etc (after any viable organs were harvested.)
That.

I've come down on the side of Cremation.

Not putting that forth as the right or even a better way for everyone. Just me.

I'm not sure how that video connects with this topic, but it was entertaining.
Look at the thread title and then listen to the question Jim Brown asks Pryor.

:cool:

My plan is to donate my organs/scientific use and have what's left cremated.

Donate my body for a tax deduction. A human body is worth north of 50k. That covers a lot of funeral expenses, especially considering no cost on funeral home services.

I'd like to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
A truly special place where women and men rest in a place of honor! Walking from the front gate to the tomb of the unknown soldier stirs many emotions. I wish every citizen of the country could visit there once.

A truly special place where women and men rest in a place of honor! Walking from the front gate to the tomb of the unknown soldier stirs many emotions. I wish every citizen of the country could visit there once.
I meet the requirements to be buried there and I want to rest among my brothers.

The first thing that caught my eye about this thread was the forum location--'leisure activities'---lol. I'll be taking a 'leisurely' stroll through the cremation chamber. I've seen/observed anatomy classes while in college, as well as viewing an autopsy, so the squeamish stuff doesn't really bother me.

The first thing that caught my eye about this thread was the forum location--'leisure activities'---lol. I'll be taking a 'leisurely' stroll through the cremation chamber. I've seen/observed anatomy classes while in college, as well as viewing an autopsy, so the squeamish stuff doesn't really bother me.
It was a tough choice as to where to drop this….;)

What else will be pressing on your schedule then?

:unsure:

Probably cremation. The idea of needing to take up a bit of land after death is hubristic.

What else will be pressing on your schedule then?

:unsure:
Hopefully nothing, Rex. My last wishes are to take the stroll 'post mortem.' "Safe and restful :sleep:---:sleep:---:sleep:."

Doing a weekend at Bernie’s might be another fun idea

What a pathetic cry for attention your posts have become.

Your guess is wrong, as are your failed attempts to discredit my commentary with your drama.

That channel/institute uses cadavers from people who donated their bodies to science.

Hopefully nothing, Rex. My last wishes are to take the stroll 'post mortem.' "Safe and restful :sleep:---:sleep:---:sleep:."
Sominex tonight, and sleep, sleep, sleep……..

Your guess is wrong, as are your failed attempts to discredit my commentary with your drama.

That channel/institute uses cadavers from people who donated their bodies to science.
Merriam-Webster to the rescue:

Definition of plural​

1: of, relating to, or constituting a class of grammatical forms usually used to denote more than one or in some languages more than two

Merriam-Webster to the rescue:

Definition of plural​

1: of, relating to, or constituting a class of grammatical forms usually used to denote more than one or in some languages more than two

Instead of sending a cryptic message suggesting that I made grammatical errors, go ahead and correct them.

Oar jest continue trying too comfort youself by attempting two discredit my commentary by nitpicking and bean dramatic/irrelevant.

"People" and "their bodies" seems okay to me because both are plural and 'everybody knows' that most people only possess one body. Maybe we can get an English expert to chime in on whether or not "their" must imply singularity. "People and their bodies" or "people and their body." It's very important!

Last edited:
Consider this a mercy killing…….

1650547832550.jpeg

Hint: It’s only cryptic to you.

I thought the same thing (yesterday) but I didn't comment because it's obvious that my buddy Rex is displeased with my commentary.

Consider this a mercy killing…….

View attachment 67386612

Hint: It’s only cryptic to you.

"That boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball."

Yeah, posting a definition of 'plural' is very straightforward communication. :rolleyes:

We should start a new poll thread on "People and their bodies." Maybe we'll get a sufficient answer on this usage.

I thought the same thing (yesterday) but I didn't comment because it's obvious that my buddy Rex is displeased with my commentary.
It’s an affront to commentary to call it that………sneaky trolling is still trolling…..

Back
Top Bottom