• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would your family do if they forced to evacuate in Ukraine?

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Remember there is a lot more than human deaths going on. Parents separating for each other and their kids. Civilians in the war zone getting killed, sick, or injured only because they could not get out of it.

Well, let's say your family was one of them., and you also have at least one pet. How wou8ld you make your "take or leave" items and "how and where" to get out.

If I were Ukrainian I would send my wife, daughter and dog westward toward the EU while I joined the rest of my countrymen in killing every Russian serviceman I find until what was left of them turned around and headed back to where they came from.

If I were Ukrainian I would send my wife, daughter and dog westward toward the EU while I joined the rest of my countrymen in killing every Russian serviceman I find until what was left of them turned around and headed back to where they came from.
Problems are those that can't leave. Elderly, children and mothers that don't have any cars or petrol for the cars or that couldn't pay for the ticket on the trains that initially left or couldn't even get to the train stations or....

2 children was shot yesterday while evacuating on the evacuation corridors that were supposed to be under armistice.

Parents separating for each other and their kids.
Haven't watched biased CNN since 2016, but now watching its coverage of the rape of Ukraine.

Tears welled up this morning at a clip of a little boy crying as he walked alone down a road, apparently separated from any family.

Hitler got his comeuppance.

Surely the war criminal in the Kremlin will get his. And, hopefully, soon.

“Go bags”.

We have one for each of us since Hurricane Sandy.

Each bag contains changes of clothes/socks/shoes.

I have a Rubbermaid tote that I can put important documents/photo albums, etc into to take with us. (Birth certificates, insurance paperwork, deed for house/titles for car, bank information). We keep cash on hand in our safe - so grab that also. I keep back up charging cables/charging blocks/solar chargers for phones/devices in an emergency tote already - along with a hand crank emergency radio (this can also charge a cell phone and has a flashlight)

Throw the bags, tote, pets and kid in the minivan/truck and go. Have a plan for where you will go and how you will get in touch if you are separated.

Everyone should have an emergency evacuation plan if they live in a flood/hurricane/severe weather area. It doesn’t only apply to war.

great question.......and every likely many Americans have relatives in Ukraine.......watching the tragedy unfold is deja vu......when Hitler started his invasions on Europe......Putin's invasion is dam near exactly the same as Hitler.....Hitler was mad for power.....so is Putin...both believed that their nations lost wars and global respect because the citizens were sold out by those in power at the time......Hitler and Goebbels controlled the German media and made false claims that Poland started the war......Putin has now taken over the entire media in Russia and is blaming Ukraine for starting this war......

what is so un-believably maddening is why so many millions of people fall in behind these tyrants and support them.......much has been posted here about our own Civil War.....'why did so many millions of southerners give their lives and fortunes in support of what was essentially the dictators (plantation owners) of their day...........in a word.......pride......we as a species are cursed with crazy all consuming pride.......

Back
Top Bottom