• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What would you take: A billion dollars or true love?

What would you choose between if you were given the choice?

• True love

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • A billion dollars

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
George_Washington said:
Galen's straight, actually. I know how much this crushes you.

You have your story, he has his...

I'd take the money, hands down.

Lifelong security for myself and those that I do love, my family.

Being able to make sure that my mother, sisters, nieces and nephew can have a good life would be more important to me than the personal happiness that love would bring.

True Love.

There is nothing money can buy that will give you a reason to live.

A billion dollars sounds like one big M***** F*****' headache to me.

And I've been married for 6 years.

I would take the money in a heart beat and worry about true love later........

I might add to the 8 people that said true love I wonder how you would feel if you had the billion sitting in front of you when you made the choice.....

Its easy to say when all it is a fantasy.......

I would take the money cos it would help my true love no end.

Navy Pride said:
I would take the money in a heart beat and worry about true love later........

I might add to the 8 people that said true love I wonder how you would feel if you had the billion sitting in front of you when you made the choice.....

Its easy to say when all it is a fantasy.......

Well a billion dollars is a lot of money no doubt but I still wouldn't take it. I don't value money as much as I value my wife.

Don't get me wrong I love money. But I never have enough whether my bank account says $25.00 or $250,000.00. True love on the other hand, if it is true love, will only end in death. Therefore it is limitless and there are no hidden costs.

Saboteur said:
Well a billion dollars is a lot of money no doubt but I still wouldn't take it. I don't value money as much as I value my wife.

Don't get me wrong I love money. But I never have enough whether my bank account says $25.00 or $250,000.00. True love on the other hand, if it is true love, will only end in death. Therefore it is limitless and there are no hidden costs.

But see, you've already got your wife and your true love, so why not take the money and do good things with it?

Saboteur said:

So, you already have your true love. Why wouldn't you take the money?

Stace said:
But see, you've already got your wife and your true love, so why not take the money and do good things with it?

Fine...ya beat me to it... LOL

Stace said:

Sometimes good things turn into bad things. And the kind of things I would do that would seem good, like trying to buy most of the South American rain forest, could easily turn bad because then I'd have to hire a private army to protect it and before long I'm the worst thing that ever happened to the Americas in general.

Or I could go and try to feed starving people. But when starving people eat they make new people and new people need to be fed too and soon everything runs out and suddenly there are even more starving people than before.

Back
Top Bottom