• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would you rather have, a border wall or a major infrastructure program?

Which is more important to you?

• Total voters

ALiberalModerate

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Would you rather have a wall or a lot money put into roads, airports, bridges, public transport and so on?

I know technically you could have both, I am just asking you to pick the one that is more important to you.

Would you rather have a wall or a lot money put into roads, airports, bridges, public transport and so on?

I know technically you could have both, I am just asking you to pick the one that is more important to you.

No contest. The wall is just one man’s obsession cause he made a dumb campaign promise. We all probably could use the infrastructure improvements.

No brainer, though 5.7B doesn't buy too much infrastructure.

If Trump were smart, and he is not, he would pivot toward infrastructure right now. Settle on the budget, defer the action on the wall by bundling into comprehensive immigration reform and start talking infrastructure.

His very slim prospects of re-election are evaporating by his doubling down on the wall, which might excite the base, but is alienating everyone else. A base of 35-40% ain't enough to win, especially when 57% of the country says they won't vote for you.

Infrastructure gives Trump a ray of hope that he can broaden is base. He has a faint hope of actually showing leadership, which the country surely wants and needs. Moreover, talking infrastructure would engage Democrats, leaving them less time to investigate and less motivation to impeach. It would be uniting rather than dividing.

Of course, I am talking nonsense as Trump's presidency to date has been nothing but nonsense.

Last edited:

Ummmmmmm. Border wall is infrastructure. It gives people jobs.

We already put money in for infrastructure. Thats why I didnt answer.

Ummmmmmm. Border wall is infrastructure. It gives people jobs.

Ah, no. We are not talking about a jobs program. That actually is not a current need for jobs as we are at full employment.

No, we are talking about upgrading the backbone of our economy and society --- airports, rails, bridges, roads, dams, sewer systems, water systems, the electrical grid, etc.... core things our society NEEDS.

We already put money in for infrastructure. Thats why I didnt answer.

Wow, I must have missed that. Please show us what major projects we are now undertaking that we weren't prior. I am certainly looking forward to the US emerging out of its 3rd world status of infrastructure, aren't you?

Changes to Federal Infrastructure Spending in the White House FY 2018 Budget — Penn Wharton Budget Model

Last edited:

No wall. Serious committment to Renewable Energy and it's development to infrastructure at the LOCAL level.
\/

i'd definitely prefer infrastructure to wasting money on a pointless ego wall. it's not even a contest.

Both, which was not an option.

The Wall would be a public works project like any other, although I don't see a need for it to go along the entire border. I'd like to see major improvements in the existing "fencing" and extensions in border areas that have become major work-around routes.

I also want infrastructure repairs, which would also improve the nation and provide a good works project to stimulate the economy.

Ah, no. We are not talking about a jobs program. That actually is not a current need for jobs as we are at full employment.

No, we are talking about upgrading the backbone of our economy and society --- airports, rails, bridges, roads, dams, sewer systems, water systems, the electrical grid, etc.... core things our society NEEDS.

Wow, I must have missed that. Please show us what major projects we are now undertaking that we weren't prior. I am certainly looking forward to the US emerging out of its 3rd world status of infrastructure, aren't you?

budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2018/2/9/changes-to-federal-infrastructure-spending-in-the-white-house-fy-2018-budget

That major undertaking would be bringing all that bottled water to flint. Trump had two infrastructure weeks. I don't remember anything coming from either.

I vote a gov't that works b4 I go on vacation and fly across the country. That'd be nice too!

Both. Once we get rid of the illegal aliens, which granted will take more than just a wall, but it's a start, then we can afford to spend more money on infrastructure instead of spending it on care and upkeep for people who shouldn't be here in the first place.

Build the wall and then do infrastructure with American labor. That's a win-win.

Changes to Federal Infrastructure Spending in the White House FY 2018 Budget — Penn Wharton Budget Model

I've been saying the same thing for 2 yeas, nobody ever hears me. I would also throw in money to help Flint, Michigan permanently clean up their water woes and upgrade our railroad systems.

I've been saying the same thing for 2 yeas, nobody ever hears me. I would also throw in money to help Flint, Michigan permanently clean up their water woes and upgrade our railroad systems.

If Trump wants to fix his political problems (and he doesn't), he would be working on middle of the road issues like infrastructure. Of course, then people wouldn't show up his rallies, hang on his every inarticulate word, and feed his insatiable ego.

i'd definitely prefer infrastructure to wasting money on a pointless ego wall. it's not even a contest.

Obama took care of the infrastructure with all those shovel ready jobs.Build the wall.

If Trump wants to fix his political problems (and he doesn't), he would be working on middle of the road issues like infrastructure. Of course, then people wouldn't show up his rallies, hang on his every inarticulate word, and feed his insatiable ego.

At this point, it's only a symbol to any of them and they have to have it. There's probably few places on earth where you can ask anyone, 'what is "the wall" and they wouldn't instantly know what it is in relation to Trump.

Obama took care of the infrastructure with all those shovel ready jobs.Build the wall.

#butObama.

i still prefer useful infrastructure projects.

Infrastructure.

Absolutely more important.

knowing the amount of money that currently comes from the Feds on roads and bridges, I'll take the the wall.

Much of our infrastructure is in-state and the money is apportioned to the states, with the states deciding on what 'projects' are done.

Infrastructure.....We already have a Wall. The one Trump has,and is, building to divide the American populace.

Back
Top Bottom