• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Would You Do?

What Would You Do In the Last 3 Hours of Your Life?

• Total voters

repeter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I was thinking this question over after I saw something on the internet about it. What would you guys do if you have 3 hours before the world ended? Everything you ever wanted to? Rape? Kill? Hurt? Or would you rather try to find solitude from the inevitable madness? Would you read a book you've always wanted to? Would you make love to your wife?

What would you do?

Probably try and figure out how to avoid being a part of the "world ending".

I would want to be in a quiet place with my family, not only to get my head right for what was to come, but to protect the kids from the ensuing panic.

Either get on my Slavor 242 Turbo and head out to the Alpha Proximus (they have a great steak joint there) and watch the Earth explode on big screen, or go into the famous CaptainCourtesy time-displacement device/alternate universe transporter and go back to 1863. I'd use the Homestead Act to buy up most of Colorado, Nevada, and Utah.

Seriously. Spend time with those I care about. Then fire up the old Slavor 242 Turbo...

Probably try and figure out how to avoid being a part of the "world ending".

What if the end is completely unavoidable. Like that solar flare thing in the recent Nick Cage movie: The Knowing.

What if the end is completely unavoidable. Like that solar flare thing in the recent Nick Cage movie: The Knowing.

I would just go be with my family. I have no desire to rape, steal, or kill. Reading would be impossible. Not gonna want to have sex either. And, I do "crazy things" all the time. So, just be with my family and talk.

Either get on my Slavor 242 Turbo and head out to the Alpha Proximus (they have a great steak joint there) and watch the Earth explode on big screen, or go into the famous CaptainCourtesy time-displacement device/alternate universe transporter and go back to 1863. I'd use the Homestead Act to buy up most of Colorado, Nevada, and Utah.

Seriously. Spend time with those I care about. Then fire up the old Slavor 242 Turbo...
Do you have a room for two in your Slavor 242 Turbo?

Do you have a room for two in your Slavor 242 Turbo?

It seats two pretty comfortably. But with a name like "Apocalypse" in the context of this thread, even with MY super powers, you make me a little concerned. :2razz:

It seats two pretty comfortably. But with a name like "Apocalypse" in the context of this thread, even with MY super powers, you make me a little concerned. :2razz:
Oh come on now.
I didn't even pick that name, blame my parents. :2razz:

I was thinking this question over after I saw something on the internet about it. What would you guys do if you have 3 hours before the world ended? Everything you ever wanted to? Rape? Kill? Hurt? Or would you rather try to find solitude from the inevitable madness? Would you read a book you've always wanted to? Would you make love to your wife?

What would you do?

I would go be with my children.

Oh come on now.
I didn't even pick that name, blame my parents. :2razz:

Well...as long as you don't try to hide them in the trunk and aren't, in actuality, the grim reaper in disguise...OK. :mrgreen:

I would spend time with my son, talk and wonder if there is a God.

Probably end up stealing a little bit, but I hardly think it would count at that point. But if the world's ending in three hours anyway, I'm dying with a full stomach, an ice-cold Dr. Pepper in my right hand, and a good cigar in my left.

That, and I'll probably need a lawn chair. No sense waiting for the end of the world inside.

Why are some of the poll results public, and others are not?

I'm wondering who chose "rape and kill". I'd like to put them on my "do not invite to EOTW party" list.

I'm wondering who chose "rape and kill". I'd like to put them on my "do not invite to EOTW party" list.

I'm just wondering what the point of it is, if there's only three hours left of the world. I admit, it'd take away a lot of my reasons for showing restraint... but I'd still be looking to avoid any of that kind of nonsense for the last few minutes of my life.

Hell, I wouldn't even be going out and looking for a fight.

I look for a way out of dying a virgin.

I would steal from the rich and give to the poor, make mad crazy love with some random hot person I plucked off the street and then eat so much seafood, cheese and sweets that it is not even funny. :)

Why are some of the poll results public, and others are not?

I noticed that too. Very strange. :doh

What I'd like to do in the last three hours of my life is:

invent a process of immortality for myself.

Alternately, go hunting for some endangered species.

I mean seriously, what would it be like to do a real-life re-enactment of harpooning a grey whale and going for a cool and violent boat ride.

(BTW, perhaps some of you haven't read "On the Beach" by Neville Shute?)

Last edited:
IN the last 3 hours of my life, what would I do?

Pray, talk to children, It all depends on what sort of condition I am in at that time.

I would steal from the rich and give to the poor, make mad crazy love with some random hot person I plucked off the street and then eat so much seafood, cheese and sweets that it is not even funny. :)

I do that everyday already.

I would turn the a/c down to 65 and order bunch of PPV movies.

Give my kid another math and history lesson.

Since I'm 12 hours away from my kids, I would call them, call my sister, call each of my parents, call my best friends and let them know how much I love them. And yea, I'd have sex (until it hurts).

I'd watch Knowing, the new Nick Cage movie.

None of the above, especially the anti-social, violent choices. I would live my life as I have always lived it and do what I have always done. That may in fact include some of the non-violent things from the list, but that's not something that I'm going to specifically set out to do.

I don't start acting like an animal because I'm going to drop dead.

Back
Top Bottom