• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would you do?

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If you had a 15 year old daughter who had been sexually assaulted against her will by a male, and you took your daughter over to the perpetrator's house to confront the father of that perpetrator, and the father said " I don't care if my 17 year old drunk son sexually assaulted your daughter as long as there was no physical harm"...what would you do in that situation?

If you had a 15 year old daughter who had been sexually assaulted against her will by a male, and you took your daughter over to the perpetrator's house to confront the father of that perpetrator, and the father said " I don't care if my 17 year old drunk son sexually assaulted your daughter as long as there was no physical harm"...what would you do in that situation?

I would handle it the sane southern way, shotgun wedding!!!!!! Ofcourse if the father had been a douche the shotgun wedding may involve the man and a goat instead of the two teens.

Well, going over there in the first place signifies perhaps a certain willingness to escalate the confrontation. It really ought to be a police matter.

Or I dunno, get a hit man on the side?

Well, going over there in the first place signifies perhaps a certain willingness to escalate the confrontation. It really ought to be a police matter.

Or I dunno, get a hit man on the side?

Hit man? Why go through the expense? That's what backhoes, wood chippers and alligators are for.

Or just a really big dog. I have a relative that used to read a lot of true crime and who also had a rottweiler cross. She reckoned if you killed someone you could slowly give the bones to the dog till there was nothing left.

I'd be taking it to the police.

first, i would assess whether a confrontation and public knowledge of the situation would cause greater or lesser harm to my daughter's well-being

:lol: :lol:

Oh LM. You so crazy. And brave.

Report the perpetration of this crime against my daughter to the police immediately.

A new eunuch would be created, and the boy might be able to sing castrati for the rest of his life

A 15 year old daughter, prosecute under the law. A 15 year old GRAND DAUGHTER, some one-on-one justice is more of a consideration. If you're perhaps already 80 years old, life in prison isn't much of a deterrent.

I would drop the whole thing. Get my daughter some therapy. Tell her I love her. Then a year or so later quietly have the young man punished for his crime. I don't think it's worth killing him over, just a sound beating. Really sound beating. That should square things.

First of all, it makes absolutely NO sense for the parent to bring their daughter to the house where the rapist lives! WTH is she thinking! Should've called the authorities from the beginning and let THEM do their job. You don't want to try doing their jobs for them. Just by going over to their house, they've potentially handed the perp's lawyer an excuse! Since they have been there, now the perp AND his family members can claim that the girl stopped by, agreed to sex, and later her parent came by looking for her.

First it may be a good idea to go to the emergency room to be looked over, and given a rape exam and swabbed for DNA. In the mean time the police should be called by her parent, in the hospital waiting room.

first, i would assess whether a confrontation and public knowledge of the situation would cause greater or lesser harm to my daughter's well-being

It would undoubtedly cause more harm to the daughter AND to their legal case.

If you're asking because of a personal experience, here's mine.
We filed a police report with the Mansfield TX PD. There was no sexual "penetration" of OUR 15 yr old daughter or other outward physical signs of abuse, just a very upset daughter with one other witness (her gf) who accurately corroborated about 90 percent of the same story.

Mansfield PD paid a visit to the boy's parents and had a sit-down with all three, and we were advised that we could pursue the matter legally but we decided it was best to let it drop, until a few days later when a couple of his buddies decided to make it an issue at school...the old "stuck up bitch if she doesn't put out / whore if she does" paradox...you know, lose-lose either way, right?

She secretly recorded some snippets of "that business" with her phone and took it to the school principal.
Three kids were immediately suspended and the boy who committed the assault was expelled, and the school asked us if we could see our way to not getting local media involved, as they knew what I do for a living.

The whole thing consisted of the boy attempting to push her up against a wall and grope her while basically trying to force himself on her. She had kneed him in his "private area" which was apparently enough to stop him at least for the moment, whereupon she and her gf ran away. She came home shortly afterward, thus there was no DNA or anything else which could meet any legal standards.

The temptation to take matters into my own hands was very strong but I resisted.
About one of every five matters of this type, when both parties are minors, goes unreported, or if reported, goes unanswered, and almost half are dealt with inadequately.

My son, who is disabled, experienced a fair amount of bullying during his childhood and I came very close to doing things I would have regretted immediately, but again, I resisted. And I am indeed a firearm owner and all of this stuff did happen in Texas. To this day I question if I'd done right to stave off my urges to seek some street justice but the scenarios in my imagination never panned out with any overall positive results, no matter how satisfying it felt to think about them.

Both my kids feel today that it was better that I just fumed and steamed privately.
They know how much their parents love them, and they know we wanted to protect them.

Had there been ANY physical evidence, I definitely would have sought prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
I do not know how well we would have fared, and I am just glad that they are both grown now.
My kids are pretty smart about this stuff today, I know that for a fact.

I hope we did right by them.

I would handle it the sane southern way, shotgun wedding!!!!!! Ofcourse if the father had been a douche the shotgun wedding may involve the man and a goat instead of the two teens.

I hope to god you do not have a daughter.

I would drop the whole thing. Get my daughter some therapy. Tell her I love her. Then a year or so later quietly have the young man punished for his crime. I don't think it's worth killing him over, just a sound beating. Really sound beating. That should square things.

Jesus christ. :doh

:failpail:

Back
Top Bottom