• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would Russians Do if U.S./NATO massed 300,000 troops in Eastern Ukraine?

Dayton3

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Assuming Ukrainian permission and support, what would the Russians likely do if over say the course of 3-4 months the U.S. sent 250,000 troops to the Eastern Ukraine and other NATO nations (except for Germany for obvious reasons) kicked in another 50,000 troops?

Supported by comparable naval units in the Black Sea, Easter Mediterranean and Baltic plus supported by comparable air forces based in Ukraine and Poland.

Likeliest Russian reaction?

Assuming Ukrainian permission and support, what would the Russians likely do if over say the course of 3-4 months the U.S. sent 250,000 troops to the Eastern Ukraine and other NATO nations (except for Germany for obvious reasons) kicked in another 50,000 troops?

Supported by comparable naval units in the Black Sea, Easter Mediterranean and Baltic plus supported by comparable air forces based in Ukraine and Poland.

tsar%20bom%20explosion.jpg

What you've described there is the opening whistle for WWIII... /facepalm.

Fallen.

Depends.

If those NATO troops stay out of the Donetsk conflict...Russia would do little but protest.

If the NATO troops did not stay out of the Donetsk conflict...I don't know what Russia would do.

IMO, the EU/America is desperate to try and get the ignorant masses to think about something other then their stagnant economies, huge amounts of debt, completely inept central banks and Brexit...and this NATO idiocy is to that end.

The U.K., France and Germany together spend over three times on their militaries then Russia does. Russia is near-zero conventional threat to Europe.

I will say it again, I see the 'annexation' of both the Crimea and parts of Eastern Ukraine as Russia coming to the aid (for selfish reasons, granted) of a group of people who overwhelmingly (over 90%) voted to leave Ukraine and join Russia.
I see Kiev as the bad guys in those regions, not Moscow.

Call out for pizza.

I'm read a book called 2017 War with Russia by General Sir Richard Shirreff, a retired British General, where Russia has taken back the Baltic States and NATO is fumbling about, where Germany and other NATO members just want to talk. England sends it's uncompleted air craft carrier the Queen Elizabeth with no plans on board, and no support ships or subs to protect it, so guess what happens, a Russian sub sinks it, the point is NATO is totally unprepared for a war with Russia, so guess who it will be left up to, and I don't the American people will be happy about their sons dying there, so when you boil it down Trump is right Western Europe is using the US

Let's just say it would be in everyone's best interest for that scenario to never happen.

Well, that's your wet dream, I'm sure.

Not really, but many morons that have absolutely no idea of what they are talking about are pushing us towards that... morons that you so love to commend... oh great midget obsessed dude.

Fallen.

Russia has over 800,000 on active duty, and about 1,200,000 more who have been on active duty in the last 5 years, and God knows how many millions more trained reserves. Russia would know what was coming long before NATO got to the Ukrainian border in force, and it would probably be able to overrun the country with more than 600,000 soldiers before NATO could get one division in.

Crap their pants.

I'm read a book called 2017 War with Russia by General Sir Richard Shirreff, a retired British General, where Russia has taken back the Baltic States and NATO is fumbling about, where Germany and other NATO members just want to talk. England sends it's uncompleted air craft carrier the Queen Elizabeth with no plans on board, and no support ships or subs to protect it, so guess what happens, a Russian sub sinks it, the point is NATO is totally unprepared for a war with Russia, so guess who it will be left up to, and I don't the American people will be happy about their sons dying there, so when you boil it down Trump is right Western Europe is using the US

That is pretty much a given when bunches times of late Putin has "shocked and owed" the Americans according to reports.....as in " We did not know they could do that" or " We did not know they had those". But the truth is that nobody in NATO is willing to spend lives for Ukraine, nor should they, and Putin being no idiot he knows this.

The USSR was quite used to having US troops massed around it's borders with air power and ballistic missiles. I think Russia's reaction would be much the same and we'd see a quick return to the Cold War which is what we're seeing with our current administration. I think Vladimir Putin is hoping for another liberal king in the U.S. so the Cold War can continue to benefit Russia.

150K Russians will fire twice?

Lol. NATO is currently having a difficult time recruiting 4 tripwire battalions to face the Russians.

Back
Top Bottom