• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would it take for you to agree with the decision to impeach Trump?

Evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign would be sufficient for me.

I am not trying to be facetious, but what would you consider to be credible evidence? What if Putin himself admitted that such collusion took place. Would that suffice?

why should I ask for Trump to resign?
Do you have any evidence of wrong doing? The answer is NO.

The guy has attacked every "Holy grail" policy of the left in the 8 years of Obama. Of course that is going to bring mega outrage from the left

He has neutered the Left. Something Republicans haven't been able to do for decades.

So while I have one expression/ opinion of Trump during the primaries, I have a different expression/opinion of him as president and his decisions.

Thumbs up on Gorsuch and the next appointee he will submit this Summer to replace Kennedy. Another point that will cause the left to melt down.

His EO's cutting feckless regulations.

His pulling out of the Paris accord.

His naming of stellar members of his cabinet.

I see a lot of good things happening as long as you are not a progressive leftist you may agree with me.

I had two choices in the voting booth last November. Clinton vs. Trump.

And I am very thankful Clinton did not win.

"Steller" cabinet picks my ass.

After going through the 8 CDs of WI, the Bernie one did NOT let Clinton down. I don't blame the Milwaukee one either because of the illegal gerrymanders and voter suppression laws.

Can explain what illegal gerrymendering is? I did not know there was an illegal version of it.

Another neat trick the GOP uses is not to run a candidate in a strong DEM CD, which depresses voter turnout, hurting the DEM statewide. That's also how gerrymandering affects statewide totals.

What your describing here is commin practice by both parties. They run their strongest candidates and spend the most money on districts they think they can win.

However, Clinton lost WI because of CDs 3,6,7 and 8; the northern and more rural 4. With those 4, one would have to break down the counties in each to see where the vote changed and how much more voter suppression there was.

This is an intresting point. I personally do not have a problem with presenting a gov issued picture id as proof of who you are. I have however read some of the laws and think there is some truth to the lefts complaint. Both sides are guility of exagerating their position.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

why should I ask for Trump to resign?
Do you have any evidence of wrong doing? The answer is NO.

The guy has attacked every "Holy grail" policy of the left in the 8 years of Obama. Of course that is going to bring mega outrage from the left

He has neutered the Left. Something Republicans haven't been able to do for decades.

So while I have one expression/ opinion of Trump during the primaries, I have a different expression/opinion of him as president and his decisions.

Thumbs up on Gorsuch and the next appointee he will submit this Summer to replace Kennedy. Another point that will cause the left to melt down.

His EO's cutting feckless regulations.

His pulling out of the Paris accord.

His naming of stellar members of his cabinet.

I see a lot of good things happening as long as you are not a progressive leftist you may agree with me.

I had two choices in the voting booth last November. Clinton vs. Trump.

And I am very thankful Clinton did not win.

"Stellar" cabinet picks my ass. He picked campaign donors; Goldman Sachs bankers (the same folks that he criticized Hillary for catering to) and wealthy "cronies". I am glad that you voted for Trump. You make me feel much better about my Hillary vote.

You forget ripping folks off with his bogus Trump University scam. You didn't enroll did you?..........LMAO

I think even if there was substantial evidence he wouldn't be impeached because there is a republican congress. And people in power these days, care more about their power rather than what's on a piece of paper, and that goes on both sides. So really there's no point.

I think even if there was substantial evidence he wouldn't be impeached ......

LOL, evidence of what? We're still waiting for the "investigation" to turn up something to charge him with.

Can explain what illegal gerrymendering is? I did not know there was an illegal version of it.
there are several GOP states where a Cook PVI can't be done this decade for a CD seat because those states have had their illegal gerrymanders thrown out by the USSC. NC was the most recent.

What your describing here is commin practice by both parties. They run their strongest candidates and spend the most money on districts they think they can win.

trump actually won that WI-3 CD I referred to, won by DEM Kind with no Oppo. TX has 10 of these of 36, that's how bad it's been GMed since 1991.

This is an intresting point. I personally do not have a problem with presenting a gov issued picture id as proof of who you are. I have however read some of the laws and think there is some truth to the lefts complaint. Both sides are guility of exagerating their position.

Wisconsin broke the law and refused to issue IDs to 300,000. They're in court over a number of issues. Pence/Kobach voter purges will only make matters worse, especially with sessions. 2010 was an election catastrophe for Americans that ended in trump .

Nixon resigned when it became obvious that he would be impeached and removed from office for obstruction of justice and for the cover-up. So what would it take for you to agree with the decision to impeach Trump? Would collusion with the Russians to effect the outcome of the election be enough? Would obstruction of justice be enough? Or is there nothing he could do make you agree with a decision to impeach Trump?

Proof.

Collusion with the Russians to influence an election would warrant prison time for treason. Obstruction of justice would be sufficient grounds for impeachment. As long as we hold Trump to the same standards that were used on Nixon and Bill Clinton, then there should be no complaints and talk of "witch hunts".

Errr...no. Elections aren't treason. I don't even know if there is a law against even if it was proven. Of course, he's still get impeached, and rightly so.

Let Team Mueller deal with team bannon one day at a time. Mueller's concept maps get more complicated every day. Hope that trump tries to stop Comey and others from testifying.

Isolate trump and putin and GOP lawmakers obstructing justice like Nunes and equate them with all GOP candidates top to bottom in every state. Start running nationwide ads packaging each of trump's disastrous 19 weeks.

Play it as the GOP would with roles reversed. Block all disastrous legislation like trump's budget, Medicaid cuts, tax cuts for the top 2%, trumpcare that literally kills his own voters and keep reminding Americans with nationwide ads.

Spend your DNC, DCCC and DEM PAC money early and often, as GOPs did when taking the senate in 2014 .

Ah...finally some honesty from a lefty ("Moderate" rofl). Finally someone admits this is all an ad campaign for their election strategy to get back seats and influence and not about actual integrity. So refreshing for one of you to finally just say it.

I am feeling deja vu here

I swear I just saw this EXACT thread a week or two ago

Its leftover crap that slid from the wall to the floor. They just pick it up again smearing half on themselves and toss it to the wall hoping it will stick this time.

Lucy and the football ad nauseum.

Ah...finally some honesty from a lefty ("Moderate" rofl). Finally someone admits this is all an ad campaign for their election strategy to get back seats and influence and not about actual integrity. So refreshing for one of you to finally just say it.

Almost as "refreshing" as hearing a Trump voter actually admit that Trump lies and Tweets way too much.

I think even if there was substantial evidence he wouldn't be impeached because there is a republican congress. And people in power these days, care more about their power rather than what's on a piece of paper, and that goes on both sides. So really there's no point.

It would take more than a Democrat controlled Congress. They'd have to not just flip a few seats for a simple majority (may happen) but to get a super majority. That's not gonna happen.

I am not so sure. The traditional republicans would much rather have Pence. I believe that if they could impeach Trump and not suffer too much voter "fall-out", they would do it in a minute.

We often forget that Trump was a Democrat for many years. He likely only turned Republican because the path to political notoriety was easier.

The only way I'd support Trump's (who I hate)impeachment, is if Pence (who I hate more) isn't the VP.

I bet Pence is behind a few of the leaks, that snake can practically taste the Presidency. Trump is a buffoon, but Pence is the devil.

I didn't ask you the question. I am interested in her opinion.

It's OK. Normal rational people say that for the answer so it was easy.

I am not so sure. The traditional republicans would much rather have Pence. I believe that if they could impeach Trump and not suffer too much voter "fall-out", they would do it in a minute.

We often forget that Trump was a Democrat for many years. He likely only turned Republican because the path to political notoriety was easier.

If DEMs win the house, they can impeach trump with a simple majority. GOPs are too chicken**** to try trump and be part of the 2/3 to convict him. That's fine with me; a wounded, lame duck trump does less legislative damage than pence .

Just acting like your GOParty would, though with one change; our ads would be truthful .

there are several GOP states where a Cook PVI can't be done this decade for a CD seat because those states have had their illegal gerrymanders thrown out by the USSC. NC was the most recent.

trump actually won that WI-3 CD I referred to, won by DEM Kind with no Oppo. TX has 10 of these of 36, that's how bad it's been GMed since 1991.

Wisconsin broke the law and refused to issue IDs to 300,000. They're in court over a number of issues. Pence/Kobach voter purges will only make matters worse, especially with sessions. 2010 was an election catastrophe for Americans that ended in trump .
Interesting stuff...

I was not aware that gerrymandering could be illegal. Ty for teaching me something.

It got me to thinking about something...

If we wanted to balance political power by eliminating gerrymandering would it benefical to redistrict state sizes every so often, so that each state has an equal population and to square off congressional districts to also have equal populations in each district.

Logistically it might be a nightmare but it would break both coasts up into many tiny states (in terms of square miles) and the midwest would only be a few really huge states.

I am proposing this as a hypothetical for intellectual debate. If it was done i think it the results would be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom