• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Would It Look like If Trump *Wanted* To Actually Spread Covid?

If Trump Wanted To Spread Covid, He Would...

• Hold massive packed rallies with no mask or distancing enforcement

• Make fun of people who do wear masks

• Lie about how deadly the virus was back in April

• NARS

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aunt Antifa

Vaccinated-American
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I am not saying the president of the united states committed genocide. At least I am not saying it in *this* post.

I want to kind of work through this. So. Let’s just say the potus *did* want to spread covid. What would it look like?

I am not saying the president of the united states committed genocide. At least I am not saying it in *this* post.

I want to kind of work through this. So. Let’s just say the potus *did* want to spread covid. What would it look like?

He would fly people in from China to various parts of the US instead of implementing travel restrictions from China.

He would have let the predicted 2+ million Americans die instead of saving more than 1.8 million of them.

He would have let the predicted 2+ million Americans die instead of saving more than 1.8 million of them.

no one predicted 3m Americans would die. No one.

And ya’ll have said state govs are responsible. But just for loss of life, amirite?

Also: how do you square Trump’s American-saving efforts with his packed rallies? He is literally spreading the virus to Americans. :(

He would fly people in from China to various parts of the US instead of implementing travel restrictions from China.
He did that. Over 40k were let in after the ban.

Too bad he didn’t block the CCP talking points he did allow into the country via his own mouth.

And ya’ll have said state govs are responsible. But just for loss of life, amirite?

Also: how do you square Trump’s American-saving efforts with his packed rallies? He is literally spreading the virus to Americans. :(

Look, we all kniw EVERYBODY would have died if not for Trump's unmatched wisdom. He saved all these people, but Democrats killed them.

And Hermann Cain had a preexisting condition. He is known to have respirated frequently.

Look, we all kniw EVERYBODY would have died if not for Trump's unmatched wisdom. He saved all these people, but Democrats killed them.

I get that they want to win an election they feel they’re losing but covid is a settled issue fo the country as far as Trump’s handling goes. And it’s not gonna get better just cause he wants us to focus on his SC justice. People who have lost family and jobs to covid will not give a single shit about any of these SC machinations pro or con. Both libtard and right wing nutjob will not care about this as fall moves on with more sickness, unemployment, and death.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”
“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

A380A795-07C5-4FB6-8C69-A5AB84E87E52.jpeg

The governors are responsible, for their own states. Trump isn't, as he's just the president and his power only extended to offering assistance.

Trump can run the rallies all he likes. Much like the democrats are allowed to keep their protest and riots going. When they're both of the same degree, if you don't like one, then you should not be allowed to keep the other.
Then again, at least Trump's rallies have the novelty of being far more peaceful, and not actively harboring the people who do most of the damage.

The governors are responsible, for their own states. Trump isn't, as he's just the president and his power only extended to offering assistance.

Trump can run the rallies all he likes. Much like the democrats are allowed to keep their protest and riots going. When they're both of the same degree, if you don't like one, then you should not be allowed to keep the other.
Then again, at least Trump's rallies have the novelty of being far more peaceful, and not actively harboring the people who do most of the damage.

THey’re not peaceful, they’re transmitting a deadly virus that leaves patients isolated until they drown in their own fluids.

Trump runs his rallies. He asks people to gather. He mocks mask wearing. He is spreading the virus. I agree he can do it if he likes, it’s just a little bit of a hamper on “proving” how much he did to save lives. You cannot insist he saved millions while actively spreading a virus.

ON the govs: if they own all the death, then Trump cannot take any credit for the “millions saved.”

Logic - how does it even work!

I didn't say anything about 3 million. I said "more than 2 million". And yes...that was predicted if nothing was done.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

As she says, 200,000 if we do everything almost perfectly. That "we" includes all American citizens...including Governors. I'm sure you'll agree that all Americans...including Governors...did NOT do everything perfectly.

On the other hand, maybe you won't, because then you cannot justify blaming Trump.

I didn't say anything about 3 million. I said "more than 2 million". And yes...that was predicted if nothing was done.

As she says, 200,000 if we do everything almost perfectly. That "we" includes all American citizens...including Governors. I'm sure you'll agree that all Americans...including Governors...did NOT do everything perfectly.

On the other hand, maybe you won't, because then you cannot justify blaming Trump.

That article is her saying how ****ed we are to be at 200k even if we do things “perfectly.” It was not a statement that “if we only hit 200k, we won.” You either did not read it or you have made a decision to present the headline without context.

This argument makes no sense anyway. Trump both cannot be blameless for the deaths and take credit in “saving lives.” I mean, Trump voters can certainly say that and believe it. And he’s currently holding rallies in defiance of local ordinances, so he isn’t even respecting federalism. He’s doing what he wants, which is spreading the virus.

That article is her saying how ****ed we are to be at 200k even if we do things “perfectly.” It was not a statement that “if we only hit 200k, we won.” You either did not read it or you have made a decision to present the headline without context.

This argument makes no sense anyway. Trump both cannot be blameless for the deaths and take credit in “saving lives.” I mean, Trump voters can certainly say that and believe it. And he’s currently holding rallies in defiance of local ordinances, so he isn’t even respecting federalism. He’s doing what he wants, which is spreading the virus.
Holy ****ING Shit!!!

Can you NEVER read something without twisting the words into something that was not said?

Brix did NOT say "how ****ed we are to be at 200K even if we do thing 'perfectly'". And nobody...not her nor me...said "if we only hit 200k, we won."

sigh...once again...

You are dismissed. (I KNOW you've seen my sig)

Holy ****ING Shit!!!

Can you NEVER read something without twisting the words into something that was not said?

Brix did NOT say "how ****ed we are to be at 200K even if we do thing 'perfectly'". And nobody...not her nor me...said "if we only hit 200k, we won."

sigh...once again...

You are dismissed. (I KNOW you've seen my sig)

Is it your contention that she is stating we are in good shape in that article should we hit 200k deaths?

It would look pretty much like what we have seen from Trump since February.

It would look pretty much like what we have seen from Trump since February.

It will go away!*

*Just not by easter. Or summer. Summer’s out now. Maybe fall? Probably not winter tho.

He wouldn't ever admit to it openly. But so far, I've seen little empathy on his part for anyone. It's all about the money for him and pissing on the underprivileged.

It would look like it does now. It's his stated policy.

He did that. Over 40k were let in after the ban.

Too bad he didn’t block the CCP talking points he did allow into the country via his own mouth.

God forbid we let American citizens come home. Notably absent in all the firmly Democrat-run states were teams on the ground at JFK, LAX, EWR, and SFO rushing these folks off to quarantine when they landed.

I get that they want to win an election they feel they’re losing but covid is a settled issue fo the country as far as Trump’s handling goes. And it’s not gonna get better just cause he wants us to focus on his SC justice. People who have lost family and jobs to covid will not give a single shit about any of these SC machinations pro or con. Both libtard and right wing nutjob will not care about this as fall moves on with more sickness, unemployment, and death.

Au contraire. No matter how many die, tge nutjobs will be here accusing anyone who believes them of being a case of TDS.

God forbid we let American citizens come home. Notably absent in all the firmly Democrat-run states were teams on the ground at JFK, LAX, EWR, and SFO rushing these folks off to quarantine when they landed.

“In interviews, multiple travelers who arrived after the screening was expanded said they received only passing scrutiny, with minimal follow-up.”

And: we already know his (partial) travel ban didn’t work. Over 200k Americans are dead with more on the way.

And: why should he get credit for a ban when he’s staging massive rallies now?

The more I tihnk about it: defending Trump’s handling of the virus by pointing at his (partial) China bans while guffawing about his rallies might be the dumbest of all Trump voter arguments, and there are a lot of really dumb ones.

Back
Top Bottom