• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Would It Look like If Trump *Wanted* To Actually Spread Covid?

If Trump Wanted To Spread Covid, He Would...

• Hold massive packed rallies with no mask or distancing enforcement

• Make fun of people who do wear masks

• Lie about how deadly the virus was back in April

• NARS

Results are only viewable after voting.
“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”
“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

View attachment 67296132

They're wearing nothing but a trance to protect them.

The governors are responsible, for their own states. Trump isn't, as he's just the president and his power only extended to offering assistance.

Trump can run the rallies all he likes. Much like the democrats are allowed to keep their protest and riots going. When they're both of the same degree, if you don't like one, then you should not be allowed to keep the other.
Then again, at least Trump's rallies have the novelty of being far more peaceful, and not actively harboring the people who do most of the damage.

Right. Trump farts across the United States and says if you don't want to sniff it, talk to your governors.

Right. Trump farts across the United States and says if you don't want to sniff it, talk to your governors.
If you're having a hard time working past your own ignorance on the subject. I'd be happy to help you get through it and actually make a coherent post.

Then where are you in condemning the riots and the protest for those exact same reasons?

Say all you like about Trump's rallies. But they aren't setting fires to private property and assaulting innocent bystanders. So your whole continuation of the same tired "their killing grandma" line, isn't helping anything. Because the same people who used that line, were out there supporting the BLM protestors and claiming that they had a direct right to be out there. While also condemning the lockdown protestors, much of the same shtick that you're attempting to pass.
The "riots"? LOL! You live an afternoon's drive from me in a county of less than 20,000, hill country not ideal for 19th century, slave labor farming, so your demo graphics are not exactly diverse. You're the ideal Trump, "concern trolling" target audience. I live in a county of almost one million, Last census indicated English is not the spoken language in 30+ percent of my county's households. The county population has tripled since 1990! Average household income here is high $60's thousands. White pop. is 55 percent. Hillary took this county with 57 percent of vote. Repub dominated county gov. control will go Dem. in coming election. Served a morning of jury duty a year ago, in a room of 400 locals. Encouraging to see as many minority citizens as I was accustomed to in my last location, NY City.
Trump lived 70 years in that place, too. He's using your own parochial POV to stoke your fears. I can't quite accept you take his bait. IOW, you are entirely removed from any risk of riots or rioters. I am in close proximity of such potential but I have no concern,,,,,,neither does Trump....WINK!

Trump deliberately removed all hope of reform via federal oversight, to purposely set up what he has whipped up such intense concerns about.
Continued.....

Last edited:
The "riots"? LOL! You live an afternoon's drive from me in a county of less than 20,000, hill country not ideal for 19th century, slave labor farming, so your demo graphics are not exactly diverse. You're the ideal Trump, "concern trolling" target audience. I live in a county of almost one million, Last census indicated English is not the spoken language in 30+ percent of my county's households. The county population has tripled since 1990! Average household income here is high $60's thousands. White pop. is 55 percent. Hillary took this county with 57 percent of vote. Repub dominated county gov. control will go Dem. in coming election. Served a morning of jury duty a year ago, in a room of 400 locals. Encouraging to see as many minority citizens as I was accustomed to in my last location, NY City.
Trump lived 70 years in that place, too. He's using your own parochial POV to stoke your fears. I can't quite accept you take his bait. IOW, you are entirely removed from any risk of riots or rioters. I am in close proximity of such potential but I have no concern,,,,,,neither does Trump....WINK!

Trump deliberately removed all hope of reform via federal oversight, to purposely set up what he has whipped up such intense concerns about.

How Trump's DOJ undid Obama's Ferguson reforms.
slate.com › 2020/06 › trump-doj-obama-policing-reform

Jun 2, 2020 - Dramatically, the Sessions DOJ even refused to go forward with a consent decree of the Chicago Police Department after the Obama ...

Jeff Sessions Limited Consent Decrees. What About the ...
www.nytimes.com › 2018/11/15 › sessions-consent-decre...

Nov 15, 2018 - Jeff Sessions Limited Consent Decrees. What About the Police Departments Already Under Reform? Demonstrations in 2015 to observe the ...

Rage and Promises Followed Ferguson, but Little Changed ...
www.nytimes.com › unrest-ferguson-police-reform

Jun 14, 2020 - Police leaders who aim to make reforms have been stymied by ... the department under a state consent decree instead, Jeff Sessions, then Mr.

Why Jeff Sessions' Final Act Could Have More Impact Than ...
www.propublica.org › article › why-jeff-sessions-final-...

Nov 12, 2018 - Although most vocal about police reform, Sessions believed consent ... One example former DOJ officials point to is Ferguson, a city that ...

The "riots"? LOL! You live an afternoon's drive from me in a county of less than 40,000, hill country not ideal for 19th century, slave labor farming, so your demo graphics are not exactly diverse. You're the ideal Trump, "concern trolling" target audience. I live in a county of almost one million, Last census indicated English is not the spoken language in 30+ percent of my county's households. The county population has tripled since 1990! Average household income here is high $60's thousands. White pop. is 55 percent. Hillary took this county with 57 percent of vote. Repub dominated county gov. control will go Dem. in coming election. Served a morning of jury duty a year ago, in a room of 400 locals. Encouraging to see as many minority citizens as I was accustomed to in my last location, NY City.

Do you actually have a point, or are passing fallacies and unnecessary drivel all you have as a posting method?
My sister has been displaced by these riots, going all the way back to 2016. I have two medical workers that paid to pay to have their family members brought down here from NewYork and one of them arrived in a pine box, due to Cuomo's actions. While the other had survived having her car set on fire.

I do not worry for my own safety in this.
I worry for those who are being threatened simply for the fact that they chose a side and are decided to hold their ground peacefully.
I worry that the democrats are emboldening these more violent elements to just do as they please.

I also do not live where you think I live.

Do you actually have a point, or are passing fallacies and unnecessary drivel all you have as a posting method?
My sister has been displaced by these riots, going all the way back to 2016. I have two medical workers that paid to pay to have their family members brought down here from NewYork and one of them arrived in a pine box, due to Cuomo's actions. While the other had survived having her car set on fire.

I worry for those who are being threatened simply for the fact that they chose a side and are decided to hold their ground peacefully.
I worry that the democrats are emboldening these more violent elements to just do as they please.

I'm sorry for your losses, but I do not understand what you are accusing Cuomo of intentionally doing or not doing, resulting in avoidable deaths or covid-19 spread? Did Bob Woodward tape conversations with Cuomo, proving Cuomo was criminally negligent.....admitting on tape full knowledge of medical risks to residents of all ages, but publicly encouraging risks by downplaying exposure to covid... similar to this?

This week, after he knows his contrary concerns expressed on Woodward's tapes are public, and with not the slightest concern of exposing teachers, other school staff, bus drivers, or families of students in areas with escalating case levels, cases Trump until literally this month discouraged expanded testing to detect!
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcript...n-ohio-campaign-rally-transcript-september-21
Donald J. Trump: (43:22)
You know, in some States, thousands of people, nobody young below the age of 18, like nobody. They have a strong immune system. Who knows? Take your hat off to the young because they have a hell of an immune system, but it affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing. By the way, open your schools. Everybody open your schools.

CDC walks back guidance on airborne transmission of ...
www.today.com › video › cdc-walks-back-guidance-on...

2 days ago - In the latest controversy involving the Centers for Disease Control, the agency pulled new COVID-19 guidance off its website Monday because ...

I'm sorry for your losses, but I do not understand what you are accusing Cuomo of intentionally doing or not doing, resulting in avoidable deaths or covid-19 spread? Did Bob Woodward tape conversations with Cuomo, proving Cuomo was criminally negligent.....admitting on tape full knowledge of medical risks to residents of all ages, but publicly encouraging risks by downplaying exposure to covid... similar to this?

This week, after he knows his contrary concerns expressed on Woodward's tapes are public, and with not the slightest concern of exposing teachers, other school staff, bus drivers, or families of students in areas with escalating case levels, cases Trump until literally this month discouraged expanded testing to detect!
I guess that's a resounding "yes" to answer my question.

I guess that's a resounding "yes" to answer my question.

As far as you posting I am incorrectly assuming your location, I only assumed what you informed forum readers of.

I don't understand your reply. I also am willing to admit Andrew Cuomo, his staff, and state of NY health agency managers reporting to Cuomo could have done a better job of protecting nursing home patients and that there is plenty of evidence of face saving, CYA excuses in this presentation, rating Cuomo's reactions and excuses for failure to support nursing homes' patient protections.
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...w-yorks-nursing-home-policy-was-not-line-cdc/
Cuomo has also made apologetic admissions Trump will never approximate.

Cuomo's failures, however, are not comparable to....

Trump told Bob Woodward he intentionally played down ...
www.axios.com › Politics & Policy › Donald Trump

Sep 9, 2020 - Young people too, plenty of young people." His administration has since pushed for the reopening of schools and the president himself has ...

Donald J. Trump: (43:22)
You know, in some States, thousands of people, nobody young below the age of 18, like nobody. They have a strong immune system. Who knows? Take your hat off to the young because they have a hell of an immune system, but it affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing. By the way, open your schools. Everybody open your schools. ....

Trump Plays Down Health Impact Of Virus, Again Predicts It Will
khn.org › morning-breakout › trump-plays-down-healt...

Jul 20, 2020 - "Many of those cases are young people that would heal in a day," Trump said in his interview with Fox News Sunday. "They have the sniffles, ...

Irrelevant. The virus is here, and it is our president's job to manage it. By any reasonable standard, he failed miserably. (n)

it depends on whether it’s reasonable to claim that one of his opponents would have prevented all fatalities and the downturn inthe economy as well. Whenever Trump’s opponents attribute AlL the deaths to his account, that is the thoroughly unreasonable implication.

Anecdotal and a play for emotion.

The "Sgt. Schultzes" who profess to see nothing....nothing negative, let alone criminal associated with Trump's symptoms of acute mental and emotional health crises are the precise reason Trump is and continues to be POTUS. Trump is death of all he inserts himself in... nothing is the better for his involvement, certainly not his enablers, most of who seem involuntarily attracted.

So obvious to the majority of us, Trump is malignant. As Mike Pence's Haus:Land Security advisor warned days ago, after throwing away her continued career prospects, $180k annual salary, her benefits, and her entire professional network, warned all of us, "President Trump cares only about his reelection!" Being ensconced in the White House bubble since the Bush Admin., she couldn't know there is no one for her to influence. Everyone already either gets it, or they don't, they only discern the malignancy with the red tie in the thousand dollar suit as very attractive.

Worker "protections" ? LOL.... Nothing in it for Trump! Trump's Secretary of Agriculture put the fix in, the one day old, CDC investigators' health and safety directives were watered down to meaningless, in the interests of the profits of this $5o billion meat processor. Employees died, thousands were avoidably infected. The name of the game is making anything from expert regulators, unenforceable.

Wonkette
Rachel Maddow Finds CDC Director Sh*tting Bed, And Floor, Some Walls, The Ceiling ... But the agency's recommendations to Smithfield, where 1,294 ... had a meeting with Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue on the day ...

She added that congressional investigators have been told that Redfield had a meeting with Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue on the day the order came to alter the report. ..

10 hours ago
CDC assessing plan to get Smithfield plant in Sioux Falls reopened after coronavirus outbreak
... the plant's CEO as well as U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue.
Apr 16, 2020

This just in.... greenlightng the theft of ballots in the possession of USPS.: (USPS law enforcement arrested Steve Bannon)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/08/20/postal-service-police-bannon/

Bloomberg
Postal Police Warn Limits on Probes Threaten Election Integrity ... limits police to investigating mail theft only when it occurs on postal property.
10 hours ago

Politico
Postal police union sues USPS, DeJoy over limits to mail theft ...
The Postal Service last month abruptly ordered its police officers to stop investigating mail theft that occurs away from post office property, the ...
1 week ago

“Trump is death”- how reasonable!

it depends on whether it’s reasonable to claim that one of his opponents would have prevented all fatalities and the downturn inthe economy as well. Whenever Trump’s opponents attribute AlL the deaths to his account, that is the thoroughly unreasonable implication.

1B259302-FEE2-4C3F-954F-DAD06AF721FC.jpeg

Then where are you in condemning the riots and the protest for those exact same reasons?

Say all you like about Trump's rallies. But they aren't setting fires to private property and assaulting innocent bystanders. So your whole continuation of the same tired "their killing grandma" line, isn't helping anything. Because the same people who used that line, were out there supporting the BLM protestors and claiming that they had a direct right to be out there. While also condemning the lockdown protestors, much of the same shtick that you're attempting to pass.
Further, at least some testing allegedly takes place at the rallies.

And where did Europe get Covid from?

We know where it originated. The point is that Trump's travel ban to China was not a complete ban, and did not prevent the spread of Covid to the United States. Like everything else Trump does, it was all for show.

We have 4% of the world's population, yet we lead the world in COVID deaths, why are you defending that? It's a shameful failure on the part of the Trump Administration any way you look at it.

We know where it originated. The point is that Trump's travel ban to China was not a complete ban, and did not prevent the spread of Covid to the United States. Like everything else Trump does, it was all for show.

We have 4% of the world's population, yet we lead the world in COVID deaths, why are you defending that? It's a shameful failure on the part of the Trump Administration any way you look at it.

I would not object to a reasonable calculation as to what measures Trump took or failed to take, but I reject utterly drivel about his being responsible for 200K deaths, as if a Democrat could have prevented all fatalities whatsoever.

Even your phrase “all for show “ is suspect. Do you really believe Trump wasn’t making ANY effort to control the disease? Critique specific measures— fine. Point out errors— fine. Picture Trump as Nero, fiddling while the country burns? Not true and not fine.

I would not object to a reasonable calculation as to what measures Trump took or failed to take, but I reject utterly drivel about his being responsible for 200K deaths, as if a Democrat could have prevented all fatalities whatsoever.

Even your phrase “all for show “ is suspect. Do you really believe Trump wasn’t making ANY effort to control the disease? Critique specific measures— fine. Point out errors— fine. Picture Trump as Nero, fiddling while the country burns? Not true and not fine.

Why is he still holding rallies?

Just watch, if Biden wins, the Rethuglicans are going to try to throw trump's record straight down the memory hole. Just like they did with GWB.
Yup

to make sure Sleepy Joe doesn’t wreck the country.

By killing his own supporters with a virus that leaves them drowning in their own fluids, alone? And sending those people out into their communities to spread the word and the virus of Sleepy Joe?

Weird way to not wreck a country.

PS: You are using the adjective “sleepy” in a sentence that insists the person being described by that adjective will “wreck the country.” I feel ashamed for you, it’s the least I could do.

I don't blame him for all 200,000 deaths and I don't consider it a partisan issue as I think any other president, Republican or Democrat would have done better. I think its better to compare us to peer nations with similar population densities and similar levels of health care. For example, if we had the same overall death rate as the EU, we would have around 130,000 less deaths than we have experienced so far.

By killing his own supporters with a virus that leaves them drowning in their own fluids, alone? And sending those people out into their communities to spread the word and the virus of Sleepy Joe?

Weird way to not wreck a country.

PS: You are using the adjective “sleepy” in a sentence that insists the person being described by that adjective will “wreck the country.” I feel ashamed for you, it’s the least I could do.

The likelihood that Biden, if elected, will turn over the country to Progressive morons does not imply that he himself will do anything but go back to his basement and nap while Kampala runs things.
Not that the idea of personal responsibility will mean much to you, but if Trump’s people hand out masks and the voters don’t wear them, that’s on the voters. I don’t believe for a moment that any Progressives care about the fate of Trump voters. They merely want to counter any move that might keep Orange Man in control.

The likelihood that Biden, if elected, will turn over the country to Progressive morons does not imply that he himself will do anything but go back to his basement and nap while Kampala runs things.
Not that the idea of personal responsibility will mean much to you, but if Trump’s people hand out masks and the voters don’t wear them, that’s on the voters. I don’t believe for a moment that any Progressives care about the fate of Trump voters. They merely want to counter any move that might keep Orange Man in control.

You keep arguing personal hypocrisy, which is great for a message board. Trump shouldn’t be holding rallies per his own government’s warnings. So when you say *I* don’t care about Trump’s voters, you are correct. I do not. I’m sorry that my standard for Trump voters is the same as the person they have placed their trust in.

By “sorry” I mean “Caveat emptor.” I just wish we did have a vax so that ya’ll can kill yourselves to your heart’s content just to listen to an old Fox news viewer tell you how much he can’t wait to get out of whatever dump town he’s in.

I don't blame him for all 200,000 deaths and I don't consider it a partisan issue as I think any other president, Republican or Democrat would have done better. I think its better to compare us to peer nations with similar population densities and similar levels of health care. For example, if we had the same overall death rate as the EU, we would have around 130,000 less deaths than we have experienced so far.

So those 130,000 lives been saved, if Trump had —what.exactly? If he’d been more doom and gloom? Nonsense. Half the country hates him and disbelieves every word he utters. Trump bears some blame for that state of affairs, but the rest of the blame falls squarely on the Triggered Left. When they blame only Trump and assign none to State Governments, they make their agenda transparent.

You keep arguing personal hypocrisy, which is great for a message board. Trump shouldn’t be holding rallies per his own government’s warnings. So when you say *I* don’t care about Trump’s voters, you are correct. I do not. I’m sorry that my standard for Trump voters is the same as the person they have placed their trust in.

By “sorry” I mean “Caveat emptor.” I just wish we did have a vax so that ya’ll can kill yourselves to your heart’s content just to listen to an old Fox news viewer tell you how much he can’t wait to get out of whatever dump town he’s in.

“Responsibility,” not hypocrisy, is what I referenced.

Back
Top Bottom