• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Would It Look like If Trump *Wanted* To Actually Spread Covid?

If Trump Wanted To Spread Covid, He Would...

• Hold massive packed rallies with no mask or distancing enforcement

• Make fun of people who do wear masks

• Lie about how deadly the virus was back in April

• NARS

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am not saying the president of the united states committed genocide. At least I am not saying it in *this* post.

I want to kind of work through this. So. Let’s just say the potus *did* want to spread covid. What would it look like?
Pretty much just like his response has been during the pandemic, lol.

“In interviews, multiple travelers who arrived after the screening was expanded said they received only passing scrutiny, with minimal follow-up.”

And: we already know his (partial) travel ban didn’t work. Over 200k Americans are dead with more on the way.

And: why should he get credit for a ban when he’s staging massive rallies now?

It's like you didn't even read my comment.

China has less cases and deaths than we do yet they have three times the population

The Chinese government forced practically everyone to stay inside their apartments for 2 months, which is possible there because they have absolutely no civil liberties.

Let's revisit how Trump has screwed over his followers...how he has lead them to COVID19 and lied to them and laughed at them in private

“when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”
when I heard this I knew it was bs, because it was already warm in other parts of the world and they were having issues with Covid19

He said the following on February 27 and all the while acknowledging to Woodward he knew it was airborne and deadly and that there would be a lot of deaths.

“It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

If the economic shutdown continues, deaths by suicide “definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about” for COVID-19 deaths.

The facts are Covid 19 has killed 4 times the people that suicide has...and suicide is and always has been a leading cause of death. We have had some 40,000 deaths by suicide in a year and Covid19 as of today has killed 201,942. Reality check folks.

The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
He said this June 17...how did that work out? Here we are a few months later and we have surpassed how many deaths?

He said this doozy on July 2
The pandemic is “getting under control.”

When he said this we had not even hit 100,000 deaths...now we are over 200,000...so, how under control has he gotten it again?

and this he said on Independence day of all days

“99%” of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless.”

The truth: The virus can still cause tremendous suffering if it doesn’t kill a patient, and the WHO has said that about 15 percent of COVID-19 cases can be severe, with 5 percent being critical. Fauci has rejected Trump’s claim, saying the evidence shows that the virus “can make you seriously ill” even if it doesn’t kill you. In fact, our kill rate is 4%....much higher than his claim.

and then this whopper on July 6

“We now have the lowest Fatality (Mortality) Rate in the World.”

The truth: The U.S. has neither the lowest mortality rate nor the lowest case-fatality rate. As of July 13, the case-fatality rate—the ratio of deaths per confirmed COVID-19 cases—was 4.1 percent, which places the U.S. solidly in the middle of global rankings. It has the world’s ninth-worst mortality rate, with 41.33 deaths per 100,000 people, according to Johns Hopkins University.

oh and this huge whopper...

Trump “launched the largest national mobilization since World War II” against COVID-19, and America “developed, from scratch, the largest and most advanced testing system in the world.”
The truth: These claims are incorrect and misleading. The federal government’s coronavirus response has been roundly criticized as a failure because of flawed and delayed testing, entrenched inequality that has amplified the virus’s effects, and chaotic federal leadership that’s left much of the country’s response up to the states to handle. Trump vacillated on fully invoking the Defense Production Act in March, set off international panic when he mistakenly said he was banning all travel from European nations, and was slow to support social-distancing measures nationwide. Widespread use of the DPA was still rare in July, despite continued shortages of medical supplies.

read the rest here...

When are you going to be tired of being lied to?

The Chinese government forced practically everyone to stay inside their apartments for 2 months, which is possible there because they have absolutely no civil liberties.
oh we can do it here too...it is a Pandemic...the government has far and reaching capabilities. HAD TRUMP BEEN HONEST with everyone, we would not be here...everyone would have willingly stayed the hell inside.

God forbid we let American citizens come home. Notably absent in all the firmly Democrat-run states were teams on the ground at JFK, LAX, EWR, and SFO rushing these folks off to quarantine when they landed.
No one says they cannot come home, but they needed to be quarantined by law and checked out and tested for COVID19.

4703578e417c0ffff54f91d6dedc1c03442eaf0a.jpg

It's like you didn't even read my comment.

Right wing forumese for “I no longer wish to discuss this now that I was proven wrong.”

Next time just refrain from replying so as to leave some doubt.

China has less cases and deaths than we do yet they have three times the population
I am sure China doesn't pay their hospitals extra money for Covid-19 deaths either and I sure their citizens aren't rushing out to get testing done like ours are.

Diagnosis-related Group (DRG) Add-on Payment

The CARES Act provided for a 20% add-on to the inpatient prospective payment system (PPS) DRG rate for COVID-19 patients for the duration of the public health emergency. CMS states that it will identify discharges of an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 using the following ICD-10 diagnosis codes:

• U07.1 (COVID-19) for discharges occurring on or after April 1, 2020
  • B97.29 (Other coronavirus as the cause of diseases classified elsewhere) for discharges occurring on or after Jan 27, 2020 and on or before March 31, 2020

Further coding guidance is available for discharges on or after April 1 and prior to April 1.

For discharges with the diagnosis codes above, CMS will apply an adjustment factor to increase the DRG weight by 20% when determining inpatient PPS operating payments. Inpatient PPS claims for COVID-19 discharges on or after Jan. 27 that are received by CMS before April 21 will be automatically reprocessed to reflect the payment increase. Claims received on or after April 21 will be processed reflective of the 20% increase.

I am sure China doesn't pay their hospitals extra money for Covid-19 deaths either and I sure their citizens aren't rushing out to get testing done like ours are.

Diagnosis-related Group (DRG) Add-on Payment

The CARES Act provided for a 20% add-on to the inpatient prospective payment system (PPS) DRG rate for COVID-19 patients for the duration of the public health emergency. CMS states that it will identify discharges of an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 using the following ICD-10 diagnosis codes:

• U07.1 (COVID-19) for discharges occurring on or after April 1, 2020
  • B97.29 (Other coronavirus as the cause of diseases classified elsewhere) for discharges occurring on or after Jan 27, 2020 and on or before March 31, 2020

Further coding guidance is available for discharges on or after April 1 and prior to April 1.

For discharges with the diagnosis codes above, CMS will apply an adjustment factor to increase the DRG weight by 20% when determining inpatient PPS operating payments. Inpatient PPS claims for COVID-19 discharges on or after Jan. 27 that are received by CMS before April 21 will be automatically reprocessed to reflect the payment increase. Claims received on or after April 21 will be processed reflective of the 20% increase.
actually the Chinese government actively tests...it is how they are getting past this and we aren't...and btw,we don't pay our hospitals extra for Covid deaths either....you swallow anything that Q tells you, that is obvious...first Jensen ADMITTED that he was misrepresenting facts and that he does not think that hospitals are misrepresenting numbers and that cases are actually probably undercounted....but you know them pesky facts...they don't fit the agenda do they...and further, not every patient in a hospital receives medicare either....in fact a large percentage do not.

I am not saying the president of the united states committed genocide. At least I am not saying it in *this* post.

I want to kind of work through this. So. Let’s just say the potus *did* want to spread covid. What would it look like?

I do not discern any appreciable outcome or rhetoric of Trump than if his intent indeed has been to weaponize covid-19 against the U.S. population for his own anticipated gain. His former personal attorney-fixer and former Trump Org. V.P., Michael Cohen, stated just weeks ago he is convinced Trump will do anything to "win" the November presidential election, including starting a war. Trump reacted to the FBI executing search warrants signed by a U.S. magistrate, on the offices and two residents of Michael Cohen, while sitting at a table with the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the U.S. military.:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...ecords-as-an-attack-on-our-country-2018-04-09
The New York Post
Trump blasts raid on Cohen’s records as ‘an attack on our country’
Published: April 10, 2018 at 5:00 a.m. ET
By Kate Sheehy

President again claims Mueller investigation is a ‘witch hunt’

thehill.com › homenews › administration › 515261-mic...

Sep 5, 2020 - ... former lawyer Michael Cohen said he believes Trump will "do anything and everything" to win reelection and "even go so far as to start a war" ...

It would look like exactly what the Chinese did when they deliberately let the shit spread to western countries to try and crash our economies to the benefit of the Chinese Communist government.

What it would not look like is the herculean effort Trump has made to help everyone....everything from ventilator production to financial aid for American's to parking navy hospital ships in covid hot spots

actually the Chinese government actively tests...it is how they are getting past this and we aren't...and btw,we don't pay our hospitals extra for Covid deaths either....you swallow anything that Q tells you, that is obvious...first Jensen ADMITTED that he was misrepresenting facts and that he does not think that hospitals are misrepresenting numbers and that cases are actually probably undercounted....but you know them pesky facts...they don't fit the agenda do they...and further, not every patient in a hospital receives medicare either....in fact a large percentage do not.
The link I posted says you are lying.

The link I posted says you are lying.
and the facts I posted to you does not. What Medicare reimburses for Medicare patients does not refer to paying our hospitals extra for reporting a fake Covid death, which is what you are implying and not what your claims measure up to...in fact, the guy you claim to be linking to...ADMITTED that the Covid deaths and cases have been UNDERcounted...and not overcounted and that he does not think that any doctors or hospitals have misrepresented anything.

It would look like exactly what the Chinese did when they deliberately let the shit spread to western countries to try and crash our economies to the benefit of the Chinese Communist government.

What it would not look like is the herculean effort Trump has made to help everyone....everything from ventilator production to financial aid for American's to parking navy hospital ships in covid hot spots
Covid spread here from Europe...so, how did China let it spread to us?

The more I tihnk about it: defending Trump’s handling of the virus by pointing at his (partial) China bans while guffawing about his rallies might be the dumbest of all Trump voter arguments, and there are a lot of really dumb ones.

It's classic narcissism: Never, ever, ever take responsibility for anything you do, but preach the gospel of "personal responsibility" as if it would solve everything. 🙄

It's classic narcissism: Never, ever, ever take responsibility for anything you do, but preach the gospel of "personal responsibility" as if it would solve everything. 🙄
of course not and then they always seem to figure out a way to S*** us out of any assistance needed while padding their own pockets and those of their rich friends.

what the hell is NARS?

Right wing forumese for “I no longer wish to discuss this now that I was proven wrong.”

Next time just refrain from replying so as to leave some doubt.

No, it's common sense forumese for "you didn't respond to what I actually wrote, so why did you bother responding to my comment at all?"

No one says they cannot come home, but they needed to be quarantined by law and checked out and tested for COVID19.

So why didn't Cuomo, Newsom, or any of the other Democrat Governors in states that were hit hard by the virus early on do that?

oh we can do it here too...it is a Pandemic...the government has far and reaching capabilities. HAD TRUMP BEEN HONEST with everyone, we would not be here...everyone would have willingly stayed the hell inside.
You mean like they're doing now in CA?

Back
Top Bottom