• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would happen if the races were reversed?

Even though I highlight color in a brutal crime, I'm really not a racist.

Do you think this would have different traction in the media and in society if a white man had done this to a black child?

I would think it wouldn't matter in the least if the races were reversed. Give him a trial and go with lwop or dp.

I would think it wouldn't matter in the least if the races were reversed. Give him a trial and go with lwop or dp.

Do you have a credible source that proves it wouldn't matter?

That's a laughable assertion, given current conditions and what catalyzed them.

Do you have a credible source that proves it wouldn't matter?

:lamo Well you sure messed up this attempt at a gotcha.

Here is the important part

I would think

Iow's my opinion.

Now if I said It wouldn't matter I'd be stating it as fact the same as you stating someone was specifically fired. ;)

Are you saying if it was a white guy he wouldn't have gotten a first degree murder charge?

I'm saying by now riots would've burnt the guy's house to the ground, and the media would be reporting that this is perfect evidence of modern lynchings, white supremacy, white fragility, and whatever other epithet they could concoct.

But since the victim is not a minority, we have relatively cool coverage, circulated in mostly conservative circles.

I'm saying by now riots would've burnt the guy's house to the ground, and the media would be reporting that this is perfect evidence of modern lynchings, white supremacy, white fragility, and whatever other epithet they could concoct.

But since the victim is not a minority, we have relatively cool coverage, circulated in mostly conservative circles.

You seem to be confusing racially motivated murders by people in authority who are trusted to protect and serve and random murders.

You see a lot of people are murdered in the United States. Not all of them racially motivated despite what they say at your rallies. The protests are about systemic racism, and police brutality. Despite your misinformed ranting, nothing would have been different. Murder 1 is murder 1.

Sorry you feel so victimized by equality.

Last edited:
You seem to be confusing racially motivated murders by people in authority who are trusted to protect and serve and random murders.

I'm combining them, yes, because the narrative has long since moved on from a grievance against law enforcement to laying the whole of the ills which blacks face at the feet of whites and society at large.

You see a lot of people are murdered in the United States. Not all of them racially motivated despite what they say at your rallies. The protests are about systemic racism, and police brutality. Despite your misinformed ranting, nothing would have been different. Murder 1 is murder 1.

Right. And you believe, were the races reversed, that no one would claim this as more evidence of systemic racism?

And since we're on the subject, what evidence is there that Floyd's murder was motivated by racism? We have the fact of their races and nothing else, and from that it was extrapolated that it must certainly be racist intent. You really think that same extrapolation wouldn't be made in this case, were the races reversed?

I'm combining them, yes, because the narrative has long since moved on from a grievance against law enforcement to laying the whole of the ills which blacks face at the feet of whites and society at large.

Right. And you believe, were the races reversed, that no one would claim this as more evidence of systemic racism?

And since we're on the subject, what evidence is there that Floyd's murder was motivated by racism? We have the fact of their races and nothing else, and from that it was extrapolated that it must certainly be racist intent. You really think that same extrapolation wouldn't be made in this case, were the races reversed?

Do you know what systemic racism is?

It isn't a neighbor murdering a neighbor FYI.

And no, they wouldn't. These people were friends if you watch the story. Obviously the killer didn't hate white people. You are just tyring to make it about race because you feel victimized by the idea of equality. That is a terrible way to live.

Do you think this would have different traction in the media and in society if a white man had done this to a black child?

If arrested promptly and charged? No, not really.

You're saying that because you're completely delusional.

The suspect is in custody and charged. There's not much to report. The only people interested in promoting this story on a broad basis are those that want to highlight that the man was black (i.e. conservatives).

:lamo Well you sure messed up this attempt at a gotcha.

Here is the important part

I would think

Iow's my opinion.

Now if I said It wouldn't matter I'd be stating it as fact the same as you stating someone was specifically fired. ;)

So you admit you just made it up then. No basis in fact. :lamo

Which news outlets covered this story?
The hypocrisy of the left is never ending. lt's the left that stokes the fires of division in America by always playing the race card and the victim card.

Huh? WRAL is one. Why don't you do a search and report back?

I don't think the charges would be any different given the exact same circumstances with the races being switched.

I think, based on my experience, that had the races been switched either the headline would of pointed out the race or it would of been pointed out in the first two sentences of some articles.

Back
Top Bottom