• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would happen if Elon Musk takes over Twitter?

There's been lots of reporting on this story on both sides of the aisle. It seems like the left, generally, doesn't want this to happen. It seems like the right, generally, does want this to happen.

What do you all think would happen if Elon Musk takes over Twitter? Why do you want it to happen? Why do you not want it to happen?

Also --- do you participate in Twitter?

One thing's for sure, the sun will continue to rise every morning, the world's not going to end, but we will still have the political shills amongst us spreading "woe is me" on a daily basis. Personally preventing it from censoring political opponents would be nice....open dialogue is always best, imo.

It’s takes less than 5 minutes on sites to create and account (truth social being the exception) so if Musk does buy Twitter and screw it up, users will leave and join some where else. Given to complexities of confirming to social media laws in every country a site operates, I suspect Musk would get tired real quick of managing the complexities after setting expectations so high.

It’s takes less than 5 minutes on sites to create and account (truth social being the exception) so if Musk does buy Twitter and screw it up, users will leave and join some where else. Given to complexities of confirming to social media laws in every country a site operates, I suspect Musk would get tired real quick of managing the complexities after setting expectations so high.

What would the expectations be?

Because a lot of people don’t realize the harm social media does to society in general and are caught up on smaller goals.

Something being popular or commanding a lot of money doesn’t equate to it being a good idea, it just means it’s a marketable idea which is far from the same thing.

Properly tuned, Twitter can be a good breaking news feed. You do have to spend some time figuring out whom to follow and whom to mute.

Properly tuned, Twitter can be a good breaking news feed. You do have to spend some time figuring out whom to follow and whom to mute.
I can see where this would be true. My fiancee uses twitter like that. Personally, I just avoid the whole thing.

That’s one of the main ways I use it. Everything breaks on Twitter first.

Politicians like this would be able to start tweeting again...

this woman will get her first amendment rights back...

people like Matt would be able to tweet again..

I think this forum and how it’s moderated should be how Twitter is moderated. It shouldn’t be skewed toward any side.

No, it's not. That's merely republican whining.

It isn’t whining. Twitter can moderate how they want. But it’s silly to pretend that they’re unbiased in that moderation.

Was she suspended?
i don't know but she tweets constantly.

did she violate the terms of service? have people done so here?

Don Jr can't tweet either...

i don't know but she tweets constantly.

did she violate the terms of service? have people done so here?

I don’t know if she violated TOS. You said she could tweet again so it sounded like you knew she was suspended.

Not sure what your last question means.

I don’t know if she violated TOS. You said she could tweet again so it sounded like you knew she was suspended.

Not sure what your last question means.
i've been sarcastic over and over because Republicans and far, far right Americans tweet each and every day.

the only thing that Musk (and many other people) are trying to do is get one person (trump) to be reinstated after he massively broke the terms of service blatantly and constantly. it's pretty disgusting.

and i wonder why people here aren't screaming about people here that break the TOS and get banned (to get hem reinstated).

i've been sarcastic over and over because Republicans and far, far right Americans tweet each and every day.

the only thing that Musk (and many other people) are trying to do is get one person (trump) to be reinstated after he massively broke the terms of service blatantly and constantly. it's pretty disgusting.

and i wonder why people here aren't screaming about people here that break the TOS and get banned (to get hem reinstated).

It would make sense that this was all about Trump and only about Trump if Trump was the only one who has been suspended, removed from the platform for his speech.

It would make sense that this was all about Trump and only about Trump if Trump was the only one who has been suspended, removed from the platform for his speech.
there have been more than one person here who broke the TOS and was banned. if one of them was trump there would be a media firestorm. since he wasn't (and people like Mark were instead) we get nothing.

there have been more than one person here who broke the TOS and was banned. if one of them was trump there would be a media firestorm. since he wasn't (and people like Mark were instead) we get nothing.

What? Mark who?

Back
Top Bottom