• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What would a real-life debatepolitics.com gathering be like?

What would a real-life gathering of debatepolitics.com members be like?

• Civilized debating.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • 2 groups at opposite ends of the room, similar to a pre-teen dance.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Un-civilized debate/ranting/screaming but no physical fighting.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • A pro-wrestling style free-for-all.

• Mods being trampled in a futile attempt to keep order.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • People leaving in body bags.

• Total voters
Kelzie said:
Sure Johny come lately....Don't worry. Once I punch them in the throat, I'll let you kick them when they're down.

yall are mean. I would just tell the little masochist...NO

Deegan said:
I would simply leave the light work to my wife, I'll let her borrow my cane.;)

You going to let him talk to you like that Deegan? If somebody talked to me like that, I would have done whooped his ass, but HEY, you know, you do whatever you wanna do, just telling you what I would've done.

TimmyBoy said:
You going to let him talk to you like that Deegan? If somebody talked to me like that, I would have whooped his ass, but HEY, you know, you do whatever you wanna do, just telling you what I would've done.

Pfft, he's just all talk, better to take the high road.;)

Deegan said:
Pfft, he's just all talk, better to take the high road.;)

Sometimes it is better to take the high road heh heh ;)

I'm sure it would start out completely civilized, and could remain that way, depending upon which topics were brought up....there seem to be plenty of issues around here that push a lot of buttons, though....so it very well could end up as a free for all.

But it'd most definitely be interesting!

Girls never kiss and tell.

But this person is a monster....cold andemotionless.....

Ever read Huxleys, "A Brave New World"?

This person would have fit in perfectly with the Nazi organization.......could have been a loyal friend to Hitler.

We couldn't have a soiree like this without an awards ceremony. What would be some of the awards? And to whom would they be awarded? I know I would like to see:

• Best Overall Debater
  • Worst Overall Debater
  • Most Hated Debater
  • Most Narcisstic Debater
  • Most Illiterate Debater
  • Best "Strawman" Debater
  • Best cnredd Hater
  • Best Brown-noser Debater
  • Most Sincere Debater
  • Funniest Debater
  • Most Creative Debater (or is this a given)
  • Most Ad-hom Debater
  • Most Converted Debater (otherwise know as the flip-flop award)
  • Most Banned Debater (still here)
  • Most Over-rated Debater

Billo_Really said:
  • Best Overall Debater
  • Worst Overall Debater
  • Most Hated Debater
  • Best cnredd Hater
  • Most Sincere Debater
  • Funniest Debater
  • Most Ad-hom Debater

I haven't been on here long enough to really be able to throw in a vote, but I'd love to see what some of you "old timers" think :2razz:

Billo_Really said:
We couldn't have a soiree like this without an awards ceremony. What would be some of the awards? And to whom would they be awarded? I know I would like to see:

• Best Overall Debater
  • Worst Overall Debater
  • Most Hated Debater
  • Best cnredd Hater
  • Most Sincere Debater
  • Funniest Debater
  • Most Ad-hom Debater

Billo, that's actually not a bad idea.

galenrox said:
I think it would end badly because a few people here are questionable on the sanity front. Also, I can only assume people would interupt me at some point, and despite my best efforts, I tend to get violent when that happens.

You and me both. I hate it when I'm...... dammit mom! I'm on the...... Dammit, no!....... anywho, I hate being interupted.

Billo_Really said:

• Best Overall Debater
  • Worst Overall Debater
  • Most Hated Debater
  • Best cnredd Hater
  • Most Sincere Debater
  • Funniest Debater
  • Most Ad-hom Debater

Mod Note

Some of this stuff is basement fodder. Let's not go into the negatives up here. Thanks!

/Mod Note

Navy Pride said:
I voted for people leaving in body bags......It would probably be civil for a little while but when the liberals and Bush haters starting putting down our troops all hell would break out..........

And as for you people telling us how big you are, I believe the bigger you are the harder you fall.......

Big guys never worried me. It's the small quiet guy in the corner eye balling everyone that alway does the most damage.

Pacridge said:
Big guys never worried me. It's the small quiet guy in the corner eye balling everyone that alway does the most damage.

Spoken like some real shrimps, it's o.k, we won't hurt you little guys.;)

Deegan said:
Spoken like some real shrimps, it's o.k, we won't hurt you little guys.;)

At 6' 225lbs with close to 17yrs in law enforcment... I'll be sure to watch out for you big guys. I really hate to go home with bodily damage, plus there's always all that paper work to fill out.

Pacridge said:
At 6' 225lbs with close to 17yrs in law enforcment... I'll be sure to watch out for you big guys. I really hate to go home with bodily damage, plus there's always all that paper work to fill out.

Doh! Now look, Deegan, you gone and got Pacridge all caveman-like on you now. How is that you are so skilled in bringing this out in people? ;)

mixedmedia said:
Doh! Now look, Deegan, you gone and got Pacridge all caveman-like on you now. How is that you are so skilled in bringing this out in people? ;)

It's not my fault, I blame his career, he is a cop.;)

Originally Posted by shuamort
Some of this stuff is basement fodder. Let's not go into the negatives up here. Thanks!
With all these guys talking about kicking each others asses I'm the one that is negative? OK, alright, one (not some) might have been a little selfish of me to put in there because I wanted to have an award that I would have a shot at winning. But my intent was not to flame. Is this really a serious debating thread to you?

Originally Posted by Navy Pride
I voted for people leaving in body bags......It would probably be civil for a little while but when the liberals and Bush haters starting putting down our troops all hell would break out..........

And what, pray tell, does being a liberal or Bush hater have to do with the troops? Yes, you really CAN support the troops without supporting Bush.

Trust me, I know. I WAS a troop. And I can't stand Bush. So, did I not support myself? :roll:

Stace said:
And what, pray tell, does being a liberal or Bush hater have to do with the troops? Yes, you really CAN support the troops without supporting Bush.

Trust me, I know. I WAS a troop. And I can't stand Bush. So, did I not support myself? :roll:

You mean like Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy and Dean support our troops?:confused:

Navy Pride said:
You mean like Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy and Dean support our troops?:confused:

I can't speak for them, because, well, I'm NOT them.

But don't make assumptions based upon your opinion and/or the thoughts/actions of a few. The few do not always speak the minds of the whole.

And besides, we all know what happens when people assume.

You CAN support the troops without supporting the President, and you CAN support the troops without supporting the war in Iraq. It's not as black and white as some make it out to be.

Stace said:
I can't speak for them, because, well, I'm NOT them.

But don't make assumptions based upon your opinion and/or the thoughts/actions of a few. The few do not always speak the minds of the whole.

And besides, we all know what happens when people assume.

You CAN support the troops without supporting the President, and you CAN support the troops without supporting the war in Iraq. It's not as black and white as some make it out to be.

They are the leaders of your party who are always putting our military down......

How the hell can you support the troops and not support the Commander in Chief who is the number one troop......

How the hell can you support the troops and not want them to succeed in their mission?

Originally Posted by Navy Pride
How the hell can you support the troops and not want them to succeed in their mission?
Why are you asking people to support an illegal and immoral mission?

Navy Pride said:
They are the leaders of your party who are always putting our military down......

How the hell can you support the troops and not support the Commander in Chief who is the number one troop......

First of all, they are not the leaders of MY party, as I am not affiliated with a specific party. My political views tend to lean to the left, but I am conservative on a few issues.

Secondly, it is not mandatory to support the President. I just recently got out of the Air Force....so how was it possible for me to SERVE as a troop and not support him? When it all comes down to it, he's just like any other boss out there, and there are plenty of people out there that don't like their boss.

No one said anything about not wanting the troops to succeed in their mission. I wish they all could have come home safely, but that was not meant to be. I can support them and the fact that they are doing their job, but I don't have to support the reasons we went there in the first place...I don't support going to war based upon false intelligence, greed, or vengeance.

Think about what you're saying. You're basically saying that I didn't support myself during my enlistment, nor did I support my husband, or want him to succeed, while he spent 16 months of our marriage (which is just now only approaching the three year mark, you do the math) in Iraq.

I call :bs

Navy Pride said:
Then why is your beloved number one troop not out in the field taking fire? Instead all he can do is have daddy bail him out of any military participation. I support our guys in the field who actually know what's going on as opposed to a whole bunch of pencil pushing desk jockeying spineless bureaucrat politicians.

Navy Pride said:
Not want them to succeed? Who said anything about not wanting them mto succeed? However the current policy and strategy that this adminstration has with regards to Iraq is face first failure bound.

Billo_Really said:
Why are you asking people to support an illegal and immoral mission?

You call it that, I don't but the mission is to win the war in Iraq......To me that is neither illeggal or immoral.................So if you don't support the mission you don't support the troops.......

Back
Top Bottom