• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What worries you most about the other side?

Nickyjo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Just for shits and giggles, 1- what do you liberals and conservatives fear about the opposing political side? 2- what do you see as their main error of analysis or policy tendencies in domestic politics? 3- in international politics? 4- what problems or flaws are common to both sides?

As the one who kicks off this topic and as I am out the door, I will reserve my own genius analysis til later on.

1. Intolerance of differing opinions. 2. Letting their emotions get in the way of objectivity. 3. Being soft on authoritarian regimes (problem with both sides). 4. See 3.

What do you liberals and conservatives fear about the opposing political side? 2- what do you see as their main error of analysis or policy tendencies in domestic politics?
The Republican Party has captured the minds of those who live in the rural counties of America. Trump's followers are mostly farmers and rural shopkeepers. They lack education and they are not well-informed. Most of what they know about politics is by word of mouth.

After the Republican governor of Florida signed a law that put a gag order concerning sex education on K - 3 teachers, he declared war on Disneyland to begin thirteen months from now.

CNN obtained 2,319 text messages from former President Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff Mark Meadows. One of those messages was from Georgia Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene asking Trump to declare Marshall Law. That's right. A Republican member of the House of Representatives did not know how to spell Martial Law.

Republican President Donald Trump lost reelection by over seven million votes.

He then declared that he had won. Without a shred of evidence, the Republican told his followers that the election was stolen from him. To this day his followers believe him. How do we know this? Trump is the leader of the Republican Party by virtue of his support from his loyal followers.

Based on this misplaced loyalty, on Jan. 6, 2021, President Trump gathered together far right extremist groups and led a coup attempt on his own government.

If he wasn't in enough trouble, "A New York judge held former President Donald Trump in contempt of court Monday for failing to comply with a subpoena for business documents related to a civil investigation by the state attorney general’s office of his company," according to CNBC.

CNBC continued, "Trump will have to pay $10,000 per day for as long as he fails to comply with the subpoena.

"The contempt finding by Judge Arthur Engoron in Manhattan Supreme Court came after a more than two-hour hearing in which lawyers for New York Attorney General Letitia James blasted Trump for dragging his feet in turning over the demanded documents."

Trump is also in trouble with the law in New York, and DOJ is investigating him for his role in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Nevertheless, his followers remain by his side, and so do most Republicans as they seek his endorsement for the November mid-terms.

Republican President Donald Trump lost reelection by over seven million votes.

He then declared that he had won. Without a shred of evidence, the Republican told his followers that the election was stolen from him. To this day his followers believe him. How do we know this? Trump is the leader of the Republican Party by virtue of his support from his loyal followers.

Based on this misplaced loyalty, on Jan. 6, 2021, President Trump gathered together far right extremist groups and led a coup attempt on his own government.
CNN reported that it has "obtained 2,319 text messages that former President Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff Mark Meadows sent and received between Election Day 2020 and President Joe Biden’s January 20, 2021 inauguration.

"The vast trove of texts offers the most revealing picture to date of how Trump’s inner circle, supporters and Republican lawmakers worked behind the scenes to try to overturn the election results and then reacted to the violence that effort unleashed at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

The logs, which Meadows selectively provided to the House committee investigating the January 6 attack, show how the former chief of staff was at the nexus of sprawling conspiracy theories baselessly claiming the election had been stolen. They also demonstrate how he played a key role in the attempts to stop Biden’s certification on January 6.

"The never-before-seen texts include messages from Trump’s family – daughter Ivanka Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner and son Donald Trump Jr. – as well as White House and campaign officials, Cabinet members, Republican Party leaders, January 6 rally organizers, Rudy Giuliani, My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell, Sean Hannity and other Fox hosts. There are also text exchanges with more than 40 current and former Republican members of Congress, including Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia," CNN added.

“Mark I was just told there is an active shooter on the first floor of the Capitol Please tell the President to calm people This isn’t the way to solve anything,” Greene wrote.

“Mark: he needs to stop this, now. Can I do anything to help?” Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s former acting White House chief of staff, texted Meadows.

“It’s really bad up here on the hill. They have breached the Capitol,” Georgia Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk wrote.

“The president needs to stop this ASAP,” texted GOP Rep. William Timmons of South Carolina.

“POTUS is engaging,” Meadows sent in response to Loudermilk. “We are doing it,” he texted to Timmons.

“Thanks. This doesn’t help our cause,” Loudermilk replied.

“TELL THEM TO GO HOME !!!” texted Trump’s first chief of staff, Reince Priebus.

Are Trump's followers aware of any of this? Hell, no. All they know is that Trump won the election and is our real President.

“First off, let me be very clear tonight. The election in 2020 was rigged and stolen,” David Perdue, Republican candidate for governor from Georgia.

Just for shits and giggles, 1- what do you liberals and conservatives fear about the opposing political side? 2- what do you see as their main error of analysis or policy tendencies in domestic politics? 3- in international politics? 4- what problems or flaws are common to both sides?

As the one who kicks off this topic and as I am out the door, I will reserve my own genius analysis til later on.

That advocacy of White Supremacy isn’t a deal breaker for them.

1. Intolerance of differing opinions. 2. Letting their emotions get in the way of objectivity. 3. Being soft on authoritarian regimes (problem with both sides). 4. See 3.
Republicans are afraid to talk in terms of reality. Instead, they deal in the theoretical and avoid specifics.

In my posts I dealt with reality. I dealt with actual events and then let the reader decide.

I would like to ask a question, though. If one is a Trump follower, why? Why do you support Trump? Can you explain without fantasies?

2- what do you see as their main error of analysis or policy tendencies in domestic politics?
They think (or say they think) that vicious criminals can be changed through (expensive) social programs.

They have been saying this since the 1960s.

But those criminals are more brazen than ever.

Look at the violent crime on New York City's subway.

Those criminals are literally killing people -- and the woke Dems sympathize with the criminals, not the victims' distraught families.

No one wants to stay in one's lane anymore.

As a conservative...but one who is on my own "side"...what worries me most is the desire of the political Elites...both Dem and Rep...who sell their positions and votes for money and power. Especially when they sell it to multinational globalists.

The corrosive and potentially republic-ending nature of politics behind the 'Big Lie'. There is absolutely nothing more important to the GOP than maintaining the power base that it extends.

The cult like devotion to Trump is about the only thing that worries me about those on the right, but that is not even all people on the right. So basically, Trumpers are the only ones that worry me because they and their leader still wield a lot of power but seem totally untethered to reality on many issues.

Basically what worried sane Americans about McCarthy and McCarthyism is what worries me about Trump and Trumpism.

The cult like devotion to Trump is about the only thing that worries me about those on the right, but that is not even all people on the right. So basically, Trumpers are the only ones that worry me because they and their leader still wield a lot of power but seem totally untethered to reality on many issues.
Republicans are a huge menace if there was no trump. He and his cult are just icing on the cake. Need a few words that aren't about trump, but are about Republicans? Plutocracy, authoritarianism, corruption, bigotry, propaganda for some.

Donald Trump and every idiot that supports him.

And the new push for revenge that DeSantis exposed.

^^^ from the side of the political fence that continues to assert men can become pregnant.
Huh? Aside from Arnold S in one movie, who suggests men can get pregnant?

^^^ from the side of the political fence that continues to assert men can become pregnant.
The Republican Party has captured the minds of those who live in the rural counties of America. They lack education and they are not well-informed. Most of what they know about politics is by word of mouth.

The Republican Party has captured the minds of those who live in the rural counties of America. They lack education and they are not well-informed. Most of what they know about politics is by word of mouth.
That’s nice.

Jordan Peterson's concern: the right has defined for itself how far is too far. The left hasnt.

Back
Top Bottom