• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Will You Do?

What Will You Do?

• I will be angry and disbelieve it.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I will be glad it is over.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I'm having a party!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I will start riots.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
As we are now in the final stages of the Mueller investigation and are likely to see the results soon (relatively).....I am curius to read how people will react when Trump is charged (with whatever).

As we are now in the final stages of the Mueller investigation and are likely to see the results soon (relatively).....I am curius to read how people will react when Trump is charged (with whatever).

Depends on what he is charged with.

I’ll volunteer to warm the tar pot............:mrgreen:

Why is there no celebrating in the streets that he is guilty option????????

If he is charged with anything. Regardless, if so or if not, nothing will change as far as I go. No riots one way or the other, no sigh of relief that its over, basically no nothing. I however found it interesting how many democrats believe Trump guilty of some major offense. To include criminal activity and how many Republicans believe him as innocent as the white driven snow. Everyone has their minds made up on this, reality one way or the other need not apply.

He won't be charged with anything.

It doesn't work that way.

We'll have to see if he is charged with anything, what the conclusions of the investigation are, and what evidence can be presented.

If the Trump Haters STFU, I'll be thrilled. I might even take some of your opinions on other subjects seriously.

Whether we are in the final stages is questionable. I think it is premature to speculate on when the end of it will arrive. It is also questionable how much of the results we will actually see, and how much it will be edited. Lastly, whether Trump will be charged(or even if he can be) is highly speculative. We simply do not know what he may have done or known personally, nor do we know if a sitting president can actually be charged with a crime.

Now, if the investigation ends soon, and Trump is charged with a crime, I will think "ok then" and move on with my life. I will have the same reaction if, when the investigation ends, Trump is not charged with a crime, or any of the other possible results. I will discuss the results, but for the most part, I and I think most people just want the answers. Guilty, innocent, unproven, at this point there is nothing I can do about anything that may have been done, and it has no direct impact on my life, so while I will care, it will not be an emotional, strong reaction, but more a "and now we know, we can make use of the knowledge to do what is right, and we can move on as a country".

If the Trump Haters STFU, I'll be thrilled. I might even take some of your opinions on other subjects seriously.

Like how you Obama haters STFU during Obama's administration? Why do you expect others to act different from yourself?

Depends on the report. We really have no idea what the report will be, how much of it will we even get to access, and whether there will still be other significant questions yet to be answered. It could go a million different ways so I'd say it's unanswerable at this point.

LOL. You've already got him charged? At first I thought you might be asking a thought provoking question of both sides. Guess not.

Not to worry, If Mueller's got nothing the witch hunt will continue by the House.

Not to worry, If Mueller's got nothing the witch hunt will continue by the House.

The House is very interested in the Mueller investigation...not because they expect Trump to be charged with anything...as I said, he won't be charged, that's not how it works...but because they want ANYTHING that can be spun in to dirt. They'll turn that dirt into a mountain and try to impeach him on it.

No matter what conclusions the Mueller Report arrives at and documents, it will be up to [by then confirmed] USAG William Barr to recommend prosecution(s) or not.

Being a Trump appointee and an open critic of the Mueller investigation, don't expect much from Barr.

This depends on a variety of factors. First it will not be "over," but rather the start of another, possibly more gruesome chapter. Much of the country is still in denial regarding Trump's actions, and once that denial is eliminated the real contention begins. Of course, that's all assuming that we're allowed to know the most important parts of the Mueller investigation in the first place, which brings us to the problem of trust. So much has Trump destroyed trust in the DOJ by continually berating its employees and then appointing two toadies in rapid succession, I can't have any way of knowing that the Mueller report will be trustworthy since, as Barr made it perfectly clear, he doesn't have to make his final report public at all. Also, since Barr pre-judged the Mueller investigation publicly, I can't know that Barr (and Whittaker too) won't have suppressed the course of the investigation in other ways.

In other words, Trump has broken down faith in the chain of command so perfectly, that literally the only way I could know that the report was trustworthy (assuming we're allowed to see it) is if that report concludes high crimes on the part of the President. Anything less will necessarily leave me to suspect that the report was suppressed in some way by Barr.

And that total lack of faith in the process is why Presidents have traditionally respected the boundary between the White House and the DOJ.

By the way, assuming no suppression of the investigation, there is no credible indication that it will wrap up soon.

Nothing.

My happiness never hinged on any sitting president.

If it can be proven Trump committed a serious felony then I would support his removal. However, after the Spygate book I don't trust Mueller or his "team". I would want truly independent investigators to reach the same findiings.

The one rational thing that people who care to be well informed would to do -- carefully read as much of the report as be made public -- isn't among the poll answer options.

If he is charged with anything. Regardless, if so or if not, nothing will change as far as I go. No riots one way or the other, no sigh of relief that its over, basically no nothing. I however found it interesting how many democrats believe Trump guilty of some major offense. To include criminal activity and how many Republicans believe him as innocent as the white driven snow. Everyone has their minds made up on this, reality one way or the other need not apply.

No, actually, some of us have considered the bits of evidence available. If a fraction of it is true, he's guilty of obstruction, witness tampering, and frequent violations of the emoluments clause of the constitution.

When was Obama under constant investigation?

He wasn't. Obama was not incompetent or crooked like Trump, so there was no reason to investigate, not on this scale. I think the poster meant the extreme, unwarranted amount of vitriol conservatives slung at him during his two terms.

Why not? Is he above the law? If so, should he be?

Doesn't matter. As I said, it doesn't work that way and your wishful thinking won't make it so.

No, actually, some of us have considered the bits of evidence available. If a fraction of it is true, he's guilty of obstruction, witness tampering, and frequent violations of the emoluments clause of the constitution.

You don't have evidence. You have speculation.

If you had evidence, you wouldn't be needing that "If".

Back
Top Bottom