• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Will You Do?

What Will You Do?

• I will be angry and disbelieve it.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I will be glad it is over.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I'm having a party!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I will start riots.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As we are now in the final stages of the Mueller investigation and are likely to see the results soon (relatively).....I am curius to read how people will react when Trump is charged (with whatever).
Not much will 'be' over, except any efforts to obstruct his investigation. I will be relieved that that threat is over, but the war over what the investigation means, will not be. My primary concern is that the report be made public regardless of its finding and my hope is that some day, through some miracle of perspective, the media and public will finally understand that this investigation was not supposed to target Donald Trump as its primary objective, and it should never have been judged a success or failure by whether or not it ensnared Donald Trump.

The Special Counsel's directive for this investigation did not have Donald Trump's name, or any one else's listed as a target. The directive was based on subject matter, not a subject . Like any other criminal investigation, it succeeds when it finds wrongdoing and perpetrators for indictment and prosecution, and it also succeeds, when it does not find wrongdoing and perpetrators.

One might say that the fundamental distinction between a criminal investigation and a 'witchhunt' is that investigators can be applauded as doing fine and worthy work for the taxpayer and the community in the application of a process, rather than a specific result.

So I should not care whether Trump is deemed guilty of collusion or of obstruction, only that the possibility was thoroughly investigated, and those that were deemed guilty of crime, faced resultant consequences for breaking the law. Tax dollars are well spent when a criminal investigation bears as its fruit, conclusions either derived from evidence or its lack, and the application of statute, whatever the nature of those conclusions or the nature of the statute .

Last edited:
Generated crisis by the Left.

"I will shut down the government. I will take the mantle." <------ Donald J. Trump - ( who later caved in to Pelosi over the shutdown because she called his bluff and held his feet to the fire )

Because that's how the Left gets things done these day. Thru coercion, blackmail and violence.

You're too easy. It's fun owning you and calling out your B.S.. Feel free to carry on.

"I will shut down the government. I will take the mantle." <------ Donald J. Trump - ( who later caved in to Pelosi over the shutdown because she called his bluff and held his feet to the fire )

All the Dems had to do was appropriate money for the wall. and none of this would have happened. Instead they cost the country twice as much.

All the Dems had to do was appropriate money for the wall. and none of this would have happened. Instead they cost the country twice as much.

again...'I will shut down the government. I will own the mantle." -Donald J.Trump - Please do try and focus on what is being discussed and the FACTS being presented. :)

again...'I will shut down the government. I will own the mantle." -Donald J.Trump - Please do try and focus on what is being discussed and the FACTS being presented. :)

I know what he said. However, it takes two [or more] to tango. You can't separate the Dems responsibility here.... especially since they've done a 180 on border security from just as short time ago.

I know what he said. However, it takes two [or more] to tango. You can't separate the Dems responsibility here.... especially since they've done a 180 on border security from just as short time ago.

red herring.....try harder

Have you ever heard of obstruction of justice and abuse of power? Richard Nixon was a sitting president and 3 articles of impeachment were drawn up and passed by the Judiciary Committee. So yes, Trump can indeed be impeached if evidence shows he obstructed justice, lied to the FBI or is found guilty of abuse of power.

Sorry about that.

"articles of impeachment"

Now you are talking about something entirely different.

Put those goal posts back where they belong.

You are dismissed.

//// He won't be charged. That's just a 'FACT' //// <----- No, that is speculation on your part which actually is a 'FACT.'

I see.

You don't know anything about whether a sitting President can be charged with a crime.

It's an interesting topic. You should get yourself educated before you take part in a discussion about it.

Moving on...

???

What have I speculated about?

If you really have to ask that silly question, it may be time for you to take a break until/unless you can follow your own discussions.

If you really have to ask that silly question, it may be time for you to take a break until/unless you can follow your own discussions.

So...you can't tell me.

Okay.

So...you can't tell me.

Okay.

Click the little blue tabs next to the poster's names and work backwards until you find the post in which you 'speculated.'. You could use the practice.

Click the little blue tabs next to the poster's names and work backwards until you find the post in which you 'speculated.'. You could use the practice.

Do your own work, Lazy Man.

Not when it's a sitting President.

Sorry about that.

Why not? Nothing in the Constitution prevents that. In fact, its part of checks and balances.

"articles of impeachment"

Now you are talking about something entirely different.

Put those goal posts back where they belong.

You are dismissed.

356006df-78ca-4ab9-8149-2a574081921a.png

Here's a primer for beginners. When a sitting U.S. president commits a crime which is an impeachable offense - such as lying to Congress (still time for this one), obstruction of justice or abuse of power, each of those in itself is an impeachable offense. In these instances, articles of impeachment are drawn up by the House of Representatives. Once drafted, a super-majority of the United States Senate is required to convict based on the articles.

So no, I was not talking about anything 'entirely different' than you when you falsely stated:

9307f0d7-62f4-49eb-806a-17f470a5aae0.png

It's sad that you are wrong so many times in a row, but live and learn and take the lesson.

You may go now.

356006df-78ca-4ab9-8149-2a574081921a.png

Here's a primer for beginners. When a sitting U.S. president commits a crime which is an impeachable offense - such as lying to Congress (still time for this one), obstruction of justice or abuse of power, each of those in itself is an impeachable offense. In these instances, articles of impeachment are drawn up by the House of Representatives. Once drafted, a super-majority of the United States Senate is required to convict based on the articles.

So no, I was not talking about anything 'entirely different' than you when you falsely stated:

9307f0d7-62f4-49eb-806a-17f470a5aae0.png

It's sad that you are wrong so many times in a row, but live and learn and take the lesson.

You may go now.

You need to go back further than that to know where the goal posts are placed.

You need to go back further than that to know where the goal posts are placed.

Your reply is vague, indistinct and irrelevant to my comment.

William Barr isn't confirmed yet and it's only a rumor mind you.... but the rumor is that the 'secret' company that Mueller has been receiving blow-back from concerning subpoenas is a law firm that represents the NRA, several Russians and....(drum roll) William Barr. Yes, it's just a coincidence, or is it?

Interesting. Got a link?

As we are now in the final stages of the Mueller investigation and are likely to see the results soon (relatively).....I am curius to read how people will react when Trump is charged (with whatever).

I am not sure he will be charged with anything.

I am satisfied that Mueller is investigating in a logical methodical manner.

I will be neither in disbelief nor angry.

Malignant narcissist lying jerks are not necessarily committing any crimes.

The funny thing is that if the focus of the investigation was "draining the swamp" - he certainly is up to a good start.

Back
Top Bottom