• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will you do when the pandemic is over?

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Once things return to the (new) normal what are you looking forward to doing that you miss? Travel, and if so where? Get married? Divorced? Have a big maskless party? Start hugging people again?

i'll eat inside a restaurant. it will also be nice to potentially have a more normal workload. this past year has been a real sprint.

as for in person social obligations, i don't miss those.

i'll eat inside a restaurant.
Restaurants are still open here with social distancing so that will be nothing new.

I miss travel mostly. I retired two years ago with a plan to do more travel in Europe. So I'll take my girlfriend to either Paris or Florence (why not both!). We also go to Punta Cana every winter with friends so it will be nice to get that going again and escape the snow. We used to go to Florida for a bit to visit my (racist prick) brother and his lovely wife and kids. My girlfriend hates Florida so that's out.

My house is on a street of about a dozen oceanfront heritage homes. We took turns holding happy hours every Friday and we'll go back to doing that again. That will be nice as they're a great group. About half are Brits who've retired here.

I miss sports bars.

this is a fun thing to think about, so i thought of a couple more things.

i want to take my kid to do something fun, like a playground or a zoo. also, i'd like to take my wife to a movie again and get popcorn.

More travel. My GF has free flight bennies now along with mine. Back to Costa Rica, maybe Ireland, Thailand, Portugal....

More travel. My GF has free flight bennies now along with mine. Back to Costa Rica, maybe Ireland, Thailand, Portugal....
Ah yes Costa Rica. Where it's virtually impossible to get a bad cup of coffee.

Ah yes Costa Rica. Where it's virtually impossible to get a bad cup of coffee.
A huge amount of the good beans are exported, so you can get a bad cuppa...

A huge amount of the good beans are exported, so you can get a bad cuppa...
I buy Costa Rican coffee from a small roaster here. It's expensive but worth it.

Once things return to the (new) normal what are you looking forward to doing that you miss? Travel, and if so where? Get married? Divorced? Have a big maskless party? Start hugging people again?

Get drunk with my golf & boating buddies at the bar of our favorite watering holes.

Immediately go visit some elderly customers of of mine who have been locked in for the past year. Some are like extended family to me.

Back
Top Bottom