• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will Trump say in his SOTU?

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The state of the union is effed up. Will Trump be honest about that? I know, I know. He's hardly honest about anything, but every now and then he gets one right.

How creative will he be in trying to describe some silver lining to this hot mess?

The state of the union is effed up. Will Trump be honest about that? I know, I know. He's hardly honest about anything, but every now and then he gets one right.

How creative will he be in trying to describe some silver lining to this hot mess?

This is probably the least interesting SOTU in my lifetime. We have a bunch of children drawing lines in the sand over stupid crap. Anything he says in the SOTU will either be total BS or bad news that we are all already discussing extensively. I just don't see anything he could put up that will be productive. Following that, we will spend two weeks hearing how horrible he is, no matter what he says.

Until someone up there puts on the grown up pants and actually tries to solve this, I don't have much time for any of them.

"No collusion."

"Build a wall to stop murders, perverts (men who grab women by the *****), terrorists, drugs, disease and criminals."

"Lying Hillary Clinton"

"Nancy and Chuck"

"No collusion."

"Cohen the rat"

"Keep America safe"

"Best economy in the history of the world"

"Democrats refuse to make a deal"

"We should be friends with Russia."

"No collusion."

SOTU addresses are about the POTUS taking credit for all that is good, blaming others for all that is bad and promising to make most things better. The party of the POTUS rises up and claps like trained seals while the other party pouts as if they have been terribly wronged. Meanwhile, the actual SOTU remains unchanged and "our" congress critters go back to doing as little as possible to change anything - after all, doing very little is what keeps the campaign cash flowing and gets them re-elected at a rate of over 90%.

Last edited:

When he was at the Pentagon he spent 21 seconds on US soldiers/Govt employee & contractor killed in Syria.
He spoke volumes on the wall.

Well we know he will tell us what a TERRIFIC job he's done, best and most successful president EVER! Bigly! A+ and everybody says so, tat's why his polls are record high!

If the government is still shut down much will be made about a President who postulates that the state of the union is wonderful under his leadership. He will praise himself for his perceived accomplishments and claim that America is back and respected around the world (LOL) again. He will lay out what he hopes to accomplish in the next two years and beyond. He will indict the Democrats as obstructionist. He will start a charm offense, seem very presidential towards being reelected. Fact checkers will be busy.

The SOTU will largely be a source of SNL material and drinking games. Not much else.

The state of the union is effed up.
You confuse an economic report of the nation with noncooperation between parties.

110% Trump posturing, blaming Democrats, patting himself on the back, witch hunt!, and lying a mile a minute. The SOTU should be done away with.

Whatever he says, they should just put him on loudspeaker and set up one of these things.

tumblr_p3fg54MbfN1w3u03zo1_1280.jpg

:lol:

Well, lets see. Mexico will pay for the wall (says he never said that). We all heard it. Said he would be proud to own that he shut down the government (now he blames that on the democrats). Now he's going to speak in a SOTU? He shut down the freakin government! What a great SOTU that is. I'm sorry, but why does this remind me of the Emperor Has No Clothes?

Well, lets see. Mexico will pay for the wall (says he never said that). We all heard it.
What has been alleged is not what he said.
So stop with the spin.

Said he would be proud to own that he shut down the government (now he blames that on the democrats).
You are spinning again.
1. He blames them for not coming to the table.
2. They are all responsible regardless of who accepts the blame.

Now he's going to speak in a SOTU? He shut down the freakin government! What a great SOTU that is.
Clearly you do not understand what a SOTU address is about.

I'm sorry, but why does this remind me of the Emperor Has No Clothes?
What your bias leads you to is on you.

Whatever he says, they should just put him on loudspeaker and set up one of these things.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/5bc67d7ea44ba8529cbeb97ab0a565a7/tumblr_p3fg54MbfN1w3u03zo1_1280.jpg[IMG]

:lol:[/QUOTE]
That could represent most of our present politicians.

He flipped on "Mexico will pay for the wall" later, but you cannot deny he did say it. It's recorded. Trump walked out of two meetings with the Dems. They did not walk out on him. Yes, I've listened to many SOYU addresses. I admit, I'm biased, more than a little. Are you, Excon? I think holding the Federal Government hostage is just an awful thing for Trump to do!

You confuse an economic report of the nation with noncooperation between parties.

You're confusing a report on our economy with a report on our union.

Everyone knows what he'll claim, it's the Dems who're responsible for his proudly shutting down our government. The decline of Numnut's approval rating and as the number of Americans who blame him for shutdown increases, tells us that America knows who's cooperating and who's not...

"No collusion."

"Build a wall to stop murders, perverts (men who grab women by the *****), terrorists, drugs, disease and criminals."

"Lying Hillary Clinton"

"Nancy and Chuck"

"No collusion."

"Cohen the rat"

"Keep America safe"

"Best economy in the history of the world"

"Democrats refuse to make a deal"

"We should be friends with Russia."

"No collusion."

"Everyone thinks I'm going a great job."

**** Trump. I wouldn't watch that dip**** speak even if his fundraisers paid me. **** Trump.

You're confusing a report on our economy with a report on our union.
Clearly you do not understand what you quoted.

The State of the Union Address is an annual message[SUP][1][/SUP] presented by the President of the United States to a joint session of the United States Congress at the beginning of each calendar year in office.[SUP][2][/SUP] The message typically includes a budget message and an economic report of the nation, and also allows the President to propose a legislative agenda (for which the cooperation of Congress is needed) and national priorities.[SUP][3][/SUP]

Everyone knows what he'll claim, it's the Dems who're responsible for his proudly shutting down our government. The decline of Numnut's approval rating and as the number of Americans who blame him for shutdown increases, tells us that America knows who's cooperating and who's not...
Spare everybody your absurdly biased bs.

What's effed up is the total and complete gridlock of both parties. Republicans did it to Obama and now Democrats are showing that they have double paybacks against Trump. When the very left Ginsburg was confirmed to the Supreme Court the vote was 96-3, meaning many Republicans voted for her even though she was a liberal. How many Democrats voted for either Gorsuch or Kavannaough? Did either one of them get 96 votes? That about says it all regarding the dysfunction by both parties over the last several years. Are you willing to admit that it comes from BOTH sides?

tumblr_p3fg54MbfN1w3u03zo1_1280.jpg

:lol:

But people wouild quickly realize that that thing, be it an inanimate object is more competent and qualified for POTUS than Trump is. Can't have that!

Lots of heavy breathing and bizarre closeups like his last address.

When he was at the Pentagon he spent 21 seconds on US soldiers/Govt employee & contractor killed in Syria.
He spoke volumes on the wall.

And Obama preferred golfing when tragedy stuck.. Were you as outraged then?

Tim-

**** Trump. I wouldn't watch that dip**** speak even if his fundraisers paid me. **** Trump.

I couldn't remember if I watched last year. I think I was considering skipping ... but then apparently I did watch because this is what I said about it at my old forum:
Overall it seems to be a good speech. Lots of apple pie.

The countdown begins ... how many days can he coast on the accolades before he snuffs out the momentum with paranoid delusions or juvenile tantrums?

I'm hoping he can break the four-day mark ... because that would give him a new record which would indeed be good news for America

(I've been waiting since February 2017 for him to sent a new record for good behavior. That's when he made it almost 4 days without doing something outrageous to destroy the good press he was receiving. So far no luck. He can't seem to go more than two days anymore.)

Clearly you do not understand what you quoted.

The State of the Union Address is an annual message[SUP][1][/SUP] presented by the President of the United States to a joint session of the United States Congress at the beginning of each calendar year in office.[SUP][2][/SUP] The message typically includes a budget message and an economic report of the nation, and also allows the President to propose a legislative agenda (for which the cooperation of Congress is needed) and national priorities.[SUP][3][/SUP]

Spare everybody your absurdly biased bs.

Maybe you haven't heard many SOTU addresses, Presidents talk about much more than our economy. If you read further down the Wiki page you quoted, you'll find these examples;

"...The address fulfills rules in Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution, requiring the President to periodically "give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient...

...The address has also been used as an opportunity to honor the achievements of some ordinary Americans, who are typically invited by the President to sit with the First Lady...

...James Monroe first stated the Monroe Doctrine...
...It became a defining moment in the foreign policy of the United States and one of its longest-standing tenets...

Franklin D. Roosevelt on January 6, 1941. In an address known as the Four Freedoms speech, he proposed four fundamental freedoms that people "everywhere in the world" ought to enjoy: freedom of speech and expression, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.

During his State of the Union Address on January 11, 1944, FDR proposed the Second Bill of Rights. Roosevelt's argument was that the "political rights" guaranteed by the constitution and the Bill of Rights had "proved inadequate to assure us equality in the pursuit of happiness"...

Reporting on polling data isn't biased or BS, unless you don't believe it. Ignoring this polling is fine with me. I have NP with Numnuts making an ass out of himself while his approval rating continues to drop. He obviously won't or can't change his approach to governing and the longer he doesn't, the better the Dems look...

Back
Top Bottom