• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will Trump do in 2025

Ishm

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I posted this in another thread, but got no response. I assume because it was a little off topic. So lets start a dedicated thread to what is possibly an important question.

For those who hope/believe Trump will be reelected in 2024, let's say with a GOP controlled congress, what are you expecting Trump to do to fix the economy? What is it you are so excited to see him do?

Secondary question. What other major policy/legislative shifts are you expecting him to make

Whilst I was about 50/50 on Trumps 2016 - 2019 actions (liked his agenda more but he failed to deliver key parts), I have little idea what to expect if he returns post 2024. Today I am probably 50/50 on Bidens agenda as well, but sort of know what to expect if a Democrat gets elected in 2024. So what exactly is it that Trump supporters expect him to achieve if elected back to office. Please give a liitle detail rather than broad sweeping statements that mean nothing. If you have already committed your support, you must surely have some tangible expectations?

He will take up Putin's offer of asylum in Russia to avoid bankruptcy and prison.
Not quite what I was lookung for, although I wouldn't cry if that happened. Where are all our vocal Trump supporters?

Not quite what I was lookung for, although I wouldn't cry if that happened. Where are all our vocal Trump supporters?
Don't know..Maybe its because you Liberals just cannot let go of this homophobe you have with Trump.

Don't know..Maybe its because you Liberals just cannot let go of this homophobe you have with Trump.
Upon your return, please realize that you did not use the word "homophobe" correctly. Grab a dictionary and catch up.

Actually I think way more center right than center left. I don't do the hero worship thing for anyone, so I really do want to look at policies, estimate their impact, estimate their 'achievability', consider the likelihood that the person promising something is up to the task, then work out what/who is worth supporting. I am also much more pragmatic than political. Means I am much more worried about measurable results than about political 'theology'.

I struggle to understand the blind support for Trump, who I consider delivered a mostly poor (average at best) performance previously. So what am I missing? What are people expecting from him that woukd deliver tangible benefits that someone else wouldn't deliver?

So what exactly is it that Trump supporters expect him to achieve if elected back to office.

Only one thing at first, ELIMINATE democracy, all of it.
Then he will secure a permanent lock on power to assist his desire for global fascism.
Then come the mass arrests and show trials.

Only one thing at first, ELIMINATE democracy, all of it.
Then he will secure a permanent lock on power to assist his desire for global fascism.
Then come the mass arrests and show trials.
I imagine a few of his more crazy supporters think that, but not 10's of millions of them. And to be fair, you can find similar on the far left, but they are not rabid Biden followers.

I posted this in another thread, but got no response. I assume because it was a little off topic. So lets start a dedicated thread to what is possibly an important question.

For those who hope/believe Trump will be reelected in 2024, let's say with a GOP controlled congress, what are you expecting Trump to do to fix the economy? What is it you are so excited to see him do?

Secondary question. What other major policy/legislative shifts are you expecting him to make

Whilst I was about 50/50 on Trumps 2016 - 2019 actions (liked his agenda more but he failed to deliver key parts), I have little idea what to expect if he returns post 2024. Today I am probably 50/50 on Bidens agenda as well, but sort of know what to expect if a Democrat gets elected in 2024. So what exactly is it that Trump supporters expect him to achieve if elected back to office. Please give a liitle detail rather than broad sweeping statements that mean nothing. If you have already committed your support, you must surely have some tangible expectations?
He hasn't changed his policies and goals since the election fraud. He'll do the same things he did his last term, but with support from Congress...more of it.

If he has control of government in 2025, I expect liberals to start being killed for “legal” reasons like we saw in places like Myanmar

I imagine a few of his more crazy supporters think that, but not 10's of millions of them. And to be fair, you can find similar on the far left, but they are not rabid Biden followers.

You may want to check out the history of "The Troubles" in Northern Ireland.

My grandfather was Northern Irish. I've spent a little time in Ireland. It's hard to imagine today what is in their history.

Well, in my humble opinion, that's what the next three decades will look like here if Trump is allowed to return to power.
He has cultivated a domestic terrorism network and given it license, and his cronies have lent aid and comfort, and support.

He hasn't changed his policies and goals since the election fraud. He'll do the same things he did his last term, but with support from Congress...more of it.
So give us some specifuc expectations. Are you saying that he is going to cut taxes again to magicly fix the deficit issues? Let's focus on the economy, because once that finally collapses most else becomes unimportant.

Trumps previous tax cuts delivered a nice jump in employment, but coupled that with continually growing deficits and inflation that needed reserve bank intervention to tame, hence gdp growth starting to slow again by 2019 and Trump started to talk about more tax cuts as he saw that happening. Was that just doubling down on stupid? If not, how would it work?

Trump also came out with his last (I think) 'deficit' plan in Feb 20 pre covid. Said he was going to grow gdp by 3% continuously for the next 30 years and that would fix the deficit etc. But no plan attached about how he would achieve that. Verging on economic insanity from what I could determine, and obviously he failed almost immediately.

So tell us what you actually expect Trump to do to the economy if reelected?

So give us some specifuc expectations. Are you saying that he is going to cut taxes again to magicly fix the deficit issues? Let's focus on the economy, because once that finally collapses most else becomes unimportant.

Trumps previous tax cuts delivered a nice jump in employment, but coupled that with continually growing deficits and inflation that needed reserve bank intervention to tame, hence gdp growth starting to slow again by 2019 and Trump started to talk about more tax cuts as he saw that happening. Was that just doubling down on stupid? If not, how would it work?

Trump also came out with his last (I think) 'deficit' plan in Feb 20 pre covid. Said he was going to grow gdp by 3% continuously for the next 30 years and that would fix the deficit etc. But no plan attached about how he would achieve that. Verging on economic insanity from what I could determine, and obviously he failed almost immediately.

So tell us what you actually expect Trump to do to the economy if reelected?
Go look at his previous campaign positions, identify what he wasn't able to accomplish because of a Congress that opposed him and then think of what he can do with a Congress that supports him.

That will answer all of your questions.

On the other hand, you can see what his updated campaign positions are if he decides to run again. You know he'll tell you.

why is it all the democrats/[progressives/liberals start these Trump threads

Trump is not going to run in 2024.....bet money on it

he may help decide who will be the GOP nominee, but it will not be him

/thread

Go look at his previous campaign positions, identify what he wasn't able to accomplish because of a Congress that opposed him and then think of what he can do with a Congress that supports him.

That will answer all of your questions.

On the other hand, you can see what his updated campaign positions are if he decides to run again. You know he'll tell you.
He got his tax cuts and most of his core economic policy passed through congress last time. What are you expecting this time? Tax cuts failed to deliver his promised deficit and debt fixes, so more of the same is only going to grow the problem. Are you saying you support Trump with a doomed to fail economic repeat?

As for Trump telling us his economic plan, share with us what he ran on in 2020 if you can. As far as I could follow he never presented a covid adjusted economic plan after throwing $3T in stimulus at a failing economy. If I missed something please share it with me.

He'll make a lot of Americans refugees

Something like this would be nice:
If Trump had sought my advice on how to stop the election from being stolen, I'd have told him, in 2017, to immediately begin the process of demoting, firing, or reassigning to distant foreign countries those generals whose loyalty was suspect. He should've have promptly begun ensuring that as many trustworthy officers as possible were stationed in the DC area and the American mainland more broadly. Once the time was right, he should've declared an emergency and had mass arrests carried out against high-ranking members of the military, the judiciary, the civil service, Congress, and the media who could organize opposition to the coup. Once USG was decapitated (figuratively speaking), then and only then he should've deputized his supporters, by way of explicit instruction rather than implication, to overrun any of USG's institutions that were still holding out.

That plan probably wouldn't have worked, USG likely would've caught wind of it and the Pentagon removed Trump from office by force (to applause from you liberals), but it at least might have worked. Luckily for you, no Republican President will ever so much as think about such a plan. If any Republican is ever allowed to be elected again.

He got his tax cuts and most of his core economic policy passed through congress last time.
No he didn't. He got the GOP Elite version of a tax cut. Some of it was what he wanted. He didn't get all of what he wanted.

What are you expecting this time? Tax cuts failed to deliver his promised deficit and debt fixes, so more of the same is only going to grow the problem. Are you saying you support Trump with a doomed to fail economic repeat?
Nope.

I support his positions, policies and goals.

As for Trump telling us his economic plan, share with us what he ran on in 2020 if you can. As far as I could follow he never presented a covid adjusted economic plan after throwing $3T in stimulus at a failing economy. If I missed something please share it with me.
In 2020 he ran on the same thing he ran on in 2016. Surely you know this?

Who said we needed a "covid adjusted economic plan"? Hell, did Biden have one? Whatever Biden had didn't work out so well, did it?

That $3T in stimulus was bipartisan and the economy failed because the governors shut it down.

Yeah...seems you are missing a lot. (or pretending not to know things)

He'll make a lot of Americans refugees
My friends in New Zealand tell me that US traffic to their immigration website was 25 times higher the day after Trump won, and they had lots of very wealthy Americans arriving. Maybe they were all liberals 😎

No he didn't. He got the GOP Elite version of a tax cut. Some of it was what he wanted. He didn't get all of what he wanted.

Nope.

I support his positions, policies and goals.

In 2020 he ran on the same thing he ran on in 2016. Surely you know this?

Who said we needed a "covid adjusted economic plan"? Hell, did Biden have one? Whatever Biden had didn't work out so well, did it?

That $3T in stimulus was bipartisan and the economy failed because the governors shut it down.

Yeah...seems you are missing a lot. (or pretending not to know things)
Yes, Biden did present a covid adjusted economic plan. I may not agree with it all, but at least I knew what he planned to do if elected. Trumps 2016 plan had already failed in core areas, so are you saying you were just expecting more failures post 2020 and were ok with that??

Do you know the old joke about the redhead, blonde, and brunette giving presents to their wealthy prospective new husband so he could choose who to marry? Well the economy is like t$%s. You elect (marry) the biggest one because everything else you want comes from having a good economy. Apologies to our female readers. The joke comes from an older, less pc, generation, but is a great analogy that mycroft might finally understand.

Back
Top Bottom