• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will Trump do in 2025

He hasn't changed his policies and goals since the election fraud. He'll do the same things he did his last term, but with support from Congress...more of it.
Your spreading misinformation, the election wasn't a fraud, Trump lost. Furthermore, Trumps legacy will be a one term twice impeached President and a wannabe dictator who instigated an insurrection.

He will never be reelected, wet dreams aside.

I guess the first thing Donny Dip Shit might do in 2025 if GOD FORBID the American Electorate fails to reject him once again will to begin taking credit for successes of Biden and the Democratic's Infrastructure legislation.

How many times did Donny Dip Shit promise "Infrastructure Week" but failed to deliver even 7 seconds on his promised "Infrastructure Week."
There was an infrastructure week under Trump?

7 seconds eh

Well that's what Stormy said 🙊

Interestingly, not a single Trump supporter telling us what they expect if he won in 2024 other than 'more of 2016'.

Trouble is, it isn't still 2016, and much of what he tried to do failed anyway. More tax cuts would just increase an already too large deficit and feed growing income inequality. The "wall" might get another few extra miles built at best. It's a 10 to 20 year project so will never get done unless turned into a bipartisan project. Trump is incapable of negotiating that. Is he going to increase tariffs on China and fuel US inflation? Will he get to replace any more liberal judges on SCOTUS? Will he go even more isolationist on trade?

I guess he could pull out of the Paris agreement again and dig some more coal mines like he promised in 2016. The massive climate change fueled drop in US food production should make that a more awkward discussion tham in 2016 though.

Bottom line is that without a new, relevant set of policies for 2025 onwards I see the 2016 version of Trump as a pending economic disaster. I also don't think that he is smart enough to see past his 2016 popularity and will likely run on a similar platform that would just fail again.

So what are his supporters really expecting to see if he won in 2024? More of 2016 should make him unelectable to anyone who studies his results.
As the election nears Republicans will turn on him, Pence called him out for what he is and more will follow IMO. Forget his economic goals, the manboy is not fit to be President.

Vengeance reign 2024-2028. Trump will go after everyone he feels wronged him.
Yea he's good at that, a petty, thin skinned manboy. No worry his days as a President are over, trust me.

With any luck.....Come 2025, Donald Trump will once again be running our executive branch and getting the disaster we have now back on track for the good of all Americans.

As a gay man my self i can assure you, none of us lust after Trump.

Ewww images of Trump in his XXL undies chasing Stormy around the bed😱
I would not be surprised if he had a servant chase her for him.

With any luck.....Come 2025, Donald Trump will once again be running our executive branch and getting the disaster we have now back on track for the good of all Americans.
Sort of reinforces the point the supporting Trump in 2022 is to belong to some sort of personality cult. Still not a single supporter who can explain what policy measures you would expect Trump to enact?? Just more 'undo anything Biden did' type stuff as revenge for being beaten in 2020 maybe?

I think Trump iin 2025 would be a horrible disaster for the country, but even I can think of a few policy areas I would expect him to target. When his supporters can't, what are they supporting other than a terribly flawed narcissist?

Only one thing at first, ELIMINATE democracy, all of it.
Then he will secure a permanent lock on power to assist his desire for global fascism.
Then come the mass arrests and show trials.
Remember to raid the first train. That’ll be who they are most afraid of.

And boy will they be mad at the fat boy!

Sort of reinforces the point the supporting Trump in 2022 is to belong to some sort of personality cult. Still not a single supporter who can explain what policy measures you would expect Trump to enact?? Just more 'undo anything Biden did' type stuff as revenge for being beaten in 2020 maybe?

I think Trump iin 2025 would be a horrible disaster for the country, but even I can think of a few policy areas I would expect him to target. When his supporters can't, what are they supporting other than a terribly flawed narcissist?
Oh goody!!! You want details??? I can tell you exactly what policy measures I want Trump to address

#1 Fix Senile dumbass Joe Biden's disaster at our southern border
Step one.....Finish the border wall and close the border no matter what it takes.....Biden is willing to send American troops to help with Ukraine's border but he wont secure our border???
Why??? Because it seems he really doesn't care about Americans....just foreign nationals.

Step two....Start rounding up and deporting illegal aliens that senile dumbass Joe Biden has shipped all over the U.S

Step three.....Declare Mexican drug cartels a National security threat and start going after them just like we did in Columbia back in the 80's (Trump wanted to do this first time around)

Step Four....Give tax incentives for companies to move production of goods from China to South American countries and in one feel swoop deal with Communist China over reach while providing great jobs for countries close to home that need the economic help. Moving jobs to northern triangle countries was Trump's answer to solving economic issues that cause people to want to come to the U.S legally but never got to implement it....next time around maybe he can.
Kamala the KOOK talks endlessly about working on issues in Latin countries to stop people from coming here illegally but has accomplished nothing...Trump had the answer!

#2 Take charge of the economy (again) Get inflation under control, stop pumping unneeded money into the economy, get everyone back to work. Right now while senile dumbass Joe Biden brags about low unemployment......Millions have simply dropped out of work all together meaning actual unemployment numbers are way higher. Its a labor participation problem not having anything to do with the unemployment numbers.

#3 Take charge of the supply chain. Does anyone really think Trump would have let 60 plus container ships sit off the coast of Long Beach without doing something significant about it?. Or that Trump would not deal with shortages of truck drivers somehow??? Or let unions in California hold up shipping without doing something about it???.......Hell no!

#4 Put the Red Chi-coms on notice that made in America is back in style with both executive orders and actual legislation that certain have to be made in the U.S....such as medical supplies. This is something else that was on Trump's agenda for the coming year.....making us much less dependent and beholden to hostile foreign governments.

#5 Get the pipelines finished...Bring back energy impendence. No doubt Trump would do this.
Senile dumbass Joe Biden screwed our energy independence literally as soon as he got in office driving up the cost of everything and then went begging to OPEC to pretty please send us more oil.

#6 The Dem's love mandates...so they outta love this one!....a federal mandate to refund and hire and train more police to get crime under control along with some mechanism to get rid of ineffective liberal D.A's that are getting people killed and robbed

There's more too....

Oh goody!!! You want details??? I can tell you exactly what policy measures I want Trump to address

Step one.....Finish the border wall and close the border no matter what it takes.....Biden is willing to send American troops to help with Ukraine's border but he wont secure our border???
Why??? Because it seems he really doesn't care about Americans....just foreign nationals.

Step two....Start rounding up and deporting illegal aliens that senile dumbass Joe Biden has shipped all over the U.S

Step three.....Declare Mexican drug cartels a National security threat and start going after them just like we did in Columbia back in the 80's (Trump wanted to do this first time around)

Step Four....Give tax incentives for companies to move production of goods from China to South American countries and in one feel swoop deal with Communist China over reach while providing great jobs for countries close to home that need the economic help. Moving jobs to northern triangle countries was Trump's answer to solving economic issues that cause people to want to come to the U.S legally but never got to implement it....next time around maybe he can.
Kamala the KOOK talks endlessly about working on issues in Latin countries to stop people from coming here illegally but has accomplished nothing...Trump had the answer!

#2 Take charge of the economy (again) Get inflation under control, stop pumping unneeded money into the economy, get everyone back to work. Right now while senile dumbass Joe Biden brags about low unemployment......Millions have simply dropped out of work all together meaning actual unemployment numbers are way higher. Its a labor participation problem not having anything to do with the unemployment numbers.

#3 Take charge of the supply chain. Does anyone really think Trump would have let 60 plus container ships sit off the coast of Long Beach without doing something significant about it?. Or that Trump would not deal with shortages of truck drivers somehow??? Or let unions in California hold up shipping without doing something about it???.......Hell no!

#4 Put the Red Chi-coms on notice that made in America is back in style with both executive orders and actual legislation that certain have to be made in the U.S....such as medical supplies. This is something else that was on Trump's agenda for the coming year.....making us much less dependent and beholden to hostile foreign governments.

#5 Get the pipelines finished...Bring back energy impendence. No doubt Trump would do this.
Senile dumbass Joe Biden screwed our energy independence literally as soon as he got in office driving up the cost of everything and then went begging to OPEC to pretty please send us more oil.

#6 The Dem's love mandates...so they outta love this one!....a federal mandate to refund and hire and train more police to get crime under control along with some mechanism to get rid of ineffective liberal D.A's that are getting people killed and robbed

There's more too....
So, a warmongering fascism. Awesome.

So, a warmongering fascism. Awesome.
LOL.....how does ANY of that equal Fascism or for that matter warmongering.

By the way....in case you haven't noticed....Fascism seems to be a "left thing' these days and actually always has been going back to Germany's NAZI party

LOL.....how does ANY of that equal Fascism or for that matter warmongering.

By the way....in case you haven't noticed....Fascism seems to be a "left thing' these days
Because to accomplish this you will need a strong nationalist centralized state that ignores democratic constraints on the national will, and you will end up provoking wars across Central and South America.

Because to accomplish this you will need a strong nationalist centralized state that ignores democratic constraints on the national will, and you will end up provoking wars across Central and South America.
That's hilarious!

OK....go ahead and try to explain how giving south American countries real economic help in the form of good paying jobs will promote war across central and south America!!

I can't wait to hear how you think that'll happen!!!!

That's hilarious!

OK....go ahead and try to explain how giving south American countries real economic help in the form of good paying jobs will promote war across central and south America!!

I can't wait to hear how you think that'll happen!!!!
Because most of the countries already hurt by IMF and US capital flight schemes are - quite rationally - resistant to further meddling from up norteamericano way. Your phantasmagoria assumes that history will not apply, and that the MERCOSUR and adjacent nations will be lapdog happy to have more northern companies prowling about their countrysides. As they will demur, to get them to accept this sudden and suspicious munificence, the new centralized nationalist government in DC will have to threaten sanctions and war

Because most of the countries already hurt by IMF and US capital flight schemes are - quite rationally - resistant to further meddling from up norteamericano way. Your phantasmagoria assumes that history will not apply, and that the MERCOSUR and adjacent nations will be lapdog happy to have more northern companies prowling about their countrysides. As they will demur, to get them to accept this sudden and suspicious munificence, the new centralized nationalist government in DC will have to threaten sanctions and war
Okay...by your philosophy....forget about helping them at all and just close the border to illegals...and we're done! .......Easy peazy!..........Awesome!

Okay...by your philosophy....forget about helping them at all and just close the border to illegals...and we're done! .......Easy peazy!..........Awesome!
This isn't a philosophy. It's the briefest of glosses upon the current state of Central and South American and (especially) MERCOSUR countries. Your fantasy prescription becomes even more risible if Lula wins in Brasil and Petro in Colombia.

This isn't a philosophy. It's the briefest of glosses upon the current state of Central and South American and (especially) MERCOSUR countries. Your fantasy prescription becomes even more risible if Lula wins in Brasil and Petro in Colombia.
By your own admission you are NOT for helping these countries as you see it as causing a problem..... So we take care of ourselves, worry about America and Americans first for a change and get our border under control and forget about them.

That pretty much sums it up!

There's more too....
It's good that you have some actual policy expectations. Let's look at some realities atound them.
1) Border wall. Expected cost $50B to $100B. Could be (much) higher even. Existing wall is already being easily breached where people need to. Is the wall even the most effective and efficient means of border control? How is Trump going to complete that project in 4 years? Trample all over the property rights of people living in the border lands? Cut off their access to water etc? Completely disregard all environmental impacts with no mitigation? Completely ignore the laws of border states? I absolutely support botder control, but Trumps wall is a marketing ploy playing to the weak minded imo.

2) Employment participation reached 63.4% in Feb20. It's already back to 62.2% while covid is still ravaging peoples lives. It will almost certainly exceed Trumps highest levels during this year. By 2023 it is highly likely that both the participation rate and unemployment rate will be as good or netter than Trumps best numbers. Close to the best sustainable levels without fueling higher inflation. So what exactly are you expecting from Trump???

3) So you expect Trump to make massive govt interventions in free markets? What's he going to do that the free market isn't already doing? Going to go union busting because the free market balance has moved into a cycle that favours employees a liitle more after decades of favoring employers. So you believe in govt intervention in the free market??

4) Intervening in China trade. I sort of agree with you on this, but what are you seeing that Biden has done to be soft on China? What is Trump going to do in reality? Tariffs are already punative and inflationary as US consumers oay the price. US companies that reasonably can are already relocating outside China, but it will take most of a decade to see the full impact of that due to the massive logistics of those moves. I really can't see what extra Yrump will do other than lifting costs for US consumers even higher and driving up inflation?

5) Contrary to popular right wing rhetoric, the cancelled pipeline and US energy independance have virtually zero actual connection. Extremely 'dirty' Canadian oil piped to US refineries for primarily exporting. US oil production is down because shale oil production was uneconomic during early covid global demand slumps during Trumps term. The rise in oil prices will bring that back on line as the economics allow. That's how free markets work. Biden has very little to do with current gas prices, which if you bother to check are only marginally higher today (corrected for inflation) than they were in the 2018 and 2019 peaks under Trump. If ypu want true energy independence and less volatile costs, pray for real investment in renewable energy to reduce dependence on dead dinosaurs

6) Federal law mandates. So you want the federal executive to start mandating how states manage their affairs and who they elect to public office. When do we start bowing and chanting "all hail king Donald"???

By your own admission you are NOT for helping these countries as you see it as causing a problem..... So we take care of ourselves, worry about America and Americans first for a change and get our border under control and forget about them.

That pretty much sums it up!
Nyet, tovarisch. Just pointing out that your definition of 'help' would start wars, because the countries in question are very unlikely to view the imposition of American businesses favorably.

If he is still alive come election time he will lose the popular vote for the third straight time and despite the reps efforts to change the election laws to favor the right wing nuts he should lose in 24.

I posted this in another thread, but got no response. I assume because it was a little off topic. So lets start a dedicated thread to what is possibly an important question.

For those who hope/believe Trump will be reelected in 2024, let's say with a GOP controlled congress, what are you expecting Trump to do to fix the economy? What is it you are so excited to see him do?

Secondary question. What other major policy/legislative shifts are you expecting him to make

Whilst I was about 50/50 on Trumps 2016 - 2019 actions (liked his agenda more but he failed to deliver key parts), I have little idea what to expect if he returns post 2024. Today I am probably 50/50 on Bidens agenda as well, but sort of know what to expect if a Democrat gets elected in 2024. So what exactly is it that Trump supporters expect him to achieve if elected back to office. Please give a liitle detail rather than broad sweeping statements that mean nothing. If you have already committed your support, you must surely have some tangible expectations?
15 to 20 and a massive fine
1644363367181.png

Maybe they will let him work in the prison library instead of the kitchen

Back
Top Bottom