• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will the Republicans do when Biden discusses Ukraine....

Nope, but we do appear not to be using the same definition for the word "platform".

If I adopt the American usage, then, indeed, the Republican Party does have a "platform" - unfortunately that "platform" doesn't have any "planks"

You might want to compare the almost total lack of specific "planks" in what you call the Republican Party platform (and which I call a "Philosophical Pastiche") and the contents of what you have to (using your definition) the Democratic Party platform (which is still not as specific as I would like to see for a "party platform".

Yep, a "platform without planks" is what the Republicans have and a "platform with indications of what the planks will end up being" is what the Democrats have.
Translation. You are attempting to spin a platform away from existence as a platform. For the last time, a party's platform is written set of principles that they agree on and vote on as to represent what the party stands for. It's your odd way of defending RINOs who only register and run on the republican ticket because they are running in a locale where they are not likely to get elected as a democrat.

Translation. You are attempting to spin a platform away from existence as a platform.
Nope, I am pointing out that my definition of "platform" includes the "planks" while you choose to ignore the fact that the Republicans don't have any.
For the last time, a party's platform is written set of principles that they agree on and vote on as to represent what the party stands for.
See above.
It's your odd way of defending RINOs who only register and run on the republican ticket because they are running in a locale where they are not likely to get elected as a democrat.
I don't "defend" either "RINOs" or "DINOs", but I do recognize that practically the sole concern of any American politician is to get elected (or re-elected) and that almost all of their voting decisions are based on which way to vote in order to increase their chances of getting elected (or re-elected) REGARDLESS of what the "party platform" actually is - something that you don't appear to be cognizant of.

Nope, I am pointing out that my definition of "platform" includes the "planks" while you choose to ignore the fact that the Republicans don't have any.

See above.

I don't "defend" either "RINOs" or "DINOs", but I do recognize that practically the sole concern of any American politician is to get elected (or re-elected) and that almost all of their voting decisions are based on which way to vote in order to increase their chances of getting elected (or re-elected) REGARDLESS of what the "party platform" actually is - something that you don't appear to be cognizant of.
I no longer take you seriously on the issue. The thing that matters to you is the party label, not what it claims to stand for.

So you would prefer that Republicans not provide positive support for the President in regards to action being taken against Putin because of Ukraine. I have to tell you, that sounds rather traitorous.
Not to worry, he thinks it's Iran we are talking about.

I'll pay close attention. Things are so fractured in that party, I need to keep tabs on the sane ones. It's a sad day when I have to say that. :(
You have clearly given up on your party, since you are not even trying to identify the "sane" ones in it.

I no longer take you seriously on the issue. The thing that matters to you is the party label, not what it claims to stand for.
Since I don't believe that the "party label" in the US stand for anything more than

"What should I call myself if I want to maximize my chances of winning the next election."

your comment is hilarious.

If the "_[fill in the blank]_ Party" was 100% positive that advocating the return of slavery, the revocation of women's right to vote, and the extermination of all people who belonged to the _[fill in the blank]_ religion, then the "_[fill in the blank]_ Party" would be staunchly foursquare in favour of the return of slavery, the revocation of women's right to vote, and the extermination of all people who belonged to the _[fill in the blank]_ religion.

AND, under the current political system in the United States of America it is completely irrelevant what you fill in the blank in "_[fill in the blank]_ Party" with.

NOT only that, but if more than one political party was 100% positive that advocating the return of slavery, the revocation of women's right to vote, and the extermination of all people who belonged to the _[fill in the blank]_ religion, then EACH of those parties would be staunchly foursquare in favour of the return of slavery, the revocation of women's right to vote, and the extermination of all people who belonged to the _[fill in the blank]_ religion and accusing the others of lying when they said that they were in favour of the return of slavery, the revocation of women's right to vote, and the extermination of all people who belonged to the _[fill in the blank]_ religion.

In short, the ACTUAL "platform" of the Republican Party is "Promise anything the audience wants to hear, but get elected at all costs." while the "platform" of the Democratic Party is "Get elected at all costs, and promise anything the audience wants to hear to do it.".

As you can see, the "platforms" of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are diametrically opposed to each other.

Back
Top Bottom