• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will the rent-seeking class do when the workers run out of money?

Notice how the rise in gains stops around '08 and starts to head backwards? Coincidence?

Obama+-+tanking+economy+-+did+I+do+that.png

The part you are missing is that America never built its economy on outsourcing foreign countries' jobs here.
It's hard to "build an economy on outsourcing jobs" when your only means of transportation is WOODEN SAILING SHIPS.

Foreign countries never laid off millions of their workers to hire Americans. Ever.
Not many countries are as big and advanced as us. There's no reason to emigrate away from here (well...except for Obama).

Most global economic activity is now based on exporting stuff to America. Especially in Mexico, China and the Middle East.
That's because the citizens of this country have much more discretionary money to consume with.

You should feel shame and remorse for such retarded comparisons.

The only thing you understand is the nonsense fed to you by right wing talk radio.
I don't disagree with much of what you've said, but how you attribute the impending disaster to "right wing talk radio" eludes me as well as the seeming pass you've given to five years of Obama, overwhelming colonization by the world's least likely to succeed and forty years of unchecked Liberalism in both political parties, the school system and most of the nation's colleges.

Thread: What will the rent-seeking class do when the workers run out of money?

Finally get knocked down a few pegs like the left so badly wants them to?

Notice how the rise in gains stops around '08 and starts to head backwards? Coincidence?

Obama+-+tanking+economy+-+did+I+do+that.png

ijust gotta point it out,you can blame pbama for the slowand stagnant recovery,but blaming him for any loss around 08 is retarded,for one that was from the 07 depression that hit full swing in 08,second obama didnt take office til 09,so your poster fails.

finally steve urkel was awesome,dont degrade him by comparing him to any president,its simply an insult.

Yes, the rich are getting richer. Despite the convenient cut-off of your chart at 2006, this has not only continued but even increased. King Obama and Uncle Ben are printing up more money right now to expand the bank accounts of the extremely wealthy. So, since that is how it goes, what can you do about it? Abso-****ing-lutely nada.

You can do your best to get into that 1%. This is still a country of great opportunity. We make new millionaires every day. You don't need to be a billionaire in order to be satisfied and happy. Hell, I'm still working on my first billion (they say it gets easier after that and I'll have my second billion in no time because I'll get into the club).
Only 1% of Americans can make it into the 1%. So your argument is basically wrong because of the FIRST law of statistics.

It's hard to "build an economy on outsourcing jobs" when your only means of transportation is WOODEN SAILING SHIPS.
No it's not. There were PLENTY of internationally tradable goods back then. Hence, tradable jobs.

Not many countries are as big and advanced as us. There's no reason to emigrate away from here (well...except for Obama).
Emigration from here has nothing to do with laying off foreign workers to import goods from here.

And now there are plenty of reasons to emigrate from here. The biggest one being jobs, which we no longer have enough of. A problem which PREDATES Obama, who has a lower unemployment rate than Reagan did.

That's because the citizens of this country have much more discretionary money to consume with.
The rich ones do. Our youth are literally downscaling from buying new $20,000 cars to pining for $1000 iCrap.

You should feel shame and remorse for such retarded comparisons.
You should feel shame and remorse for such retarded and EASILY debunked comebacks.

ijust gotta point it out,you can blame pbama for the slowand stagnant recovery,but blaming him for any loss around 08 is retarded,for one that was from the 07 depression that hit full swing in 08,second obama didnt take office til 09,so your poster fails.

finally steve urkel was awesome,dont degrade him by comparing him to any president,its simply an insult.
I just liked a post by beerftw.

It's the end of days.

Simply target those above you and when the deed is done, there will be an opening to fill. Or settle in at 1.5%.

Or did you have some greater point that I'm overlooking? Or do you disagree with "This is still a country of great opportunity. We make new millionaires every day. You don't need to be a billionaire in order to be satisfied and happy."

Only 1% of Americans can make it into the 1%. So your argument is basically wrong because of the FIRST law of statistics.

Simply target those above you and when the deed is done, there will be an opening to fill. Or settle in at 1.5%.

Or did you have some greater point that I'm overlooking? Or do you disagree with "This is still a country of great opportunity. We make new millionaires every day. You don't need to be a billionaire in order to be satisfied and happy."
Who cares if we make a new millionaire every day. We're making more poor people than we're making rich people. More middle class folks drop than rise.

Eventually, as my opening post said, we're going to run out of fuel for the rent-seeking class. If we stay this course we're on, the consumer class will disappear and most of the country will be barely keeping the lights on. Cost of living is going up. Wages are going down. The part-time employment trendcraze was well in effect BEFORE OBAMACARE. Youth unemployment is off the hook. Every major international organization says that's going up. PLUS we have no jobs-creating engine for the foreseeable future.

We're destroying more jobs than we're creating.

This spells doom for the entire global economy. Someone needs to seriously WAKE UP, because absolutely nothing of what I just said was even in the slightest bit wrong. We're ****ed if we don't change the direction that the world economy is going.

What is your source for your beliefs? Are you suffering now? Do you have personal reason to believe that things are so bad and getting worse? I'm seeing a slow recovery and stagnant wages but I'm not seeing this looming catastrophe.

Everybody I know is still employed. They are still buying stuff. Many of my friends are considering other job offers. New businesses are starting up and real estate is selling briskly. But I only have a limited number of contacts. What are you experiencing (and where)?

Who cares if we make a new millionaire every day. We're making more poor people than we're making rich people. More middle class folks drop than rise.

Eventually, as my opening post said, we're going to run out of fuel for the rent-seeking class. If we stay this course we're on, the consumer class will disappear and most of the country will be barely keeping the lights on. Cost of living is going up. Wages are going down. The part-time employment trendcraze was well in effect BEFORE OBAMACARE. Youth unemployment is off the hook. Every major international organization says that's going up. PLUS we have no jobs-creating engine for the foreseeable future.

We're destroying more jobs than we're creating.

This spells doom for the entire global economy. Someone needs to seriously WAKE UP, because absolutely nothing of what I just said was even in the slightest bit wrong. We're ****ed if we don't change the direction that the world economy is going.

I apologize in advance for truncating your post. I'm interested in the above three sentences. The very idea that we've allowed the government regulated economy dictate and "make" people rich or poor is problematic in the extreme.

No it's not. There were PLENTY of internationally tradable goods back then. Hence, tradable jobs.
Oh, so now it's "goods?" No child, we're talking about "outsourcing jobs." Pay attention. It would have been IMPOSSIBLE to outsource jobs back then because it took weeks, if not months to go from one side of the ocean to the other.

Emigration from here has nothing to do with laying off foreign workers to import goods from here.
Who cares about foreign workers?

And now there are plenty of reasons to emigrate from here. The biggest one being jobs, which we no longer have enough of.
Perhaps if your messiah would toughen up and stop the flow of illegals, there might be enough jobs. But we both know he's not going to do that. Too many votes wasted.

A problem which PREDATES Obama, who has a lower unemployment rate than Reagan did.
Oh, now we're going back to Reagan? I guess it was just too inconvenient to stop at Bush this time, huh? The B..b..but BUSH thing kinda doesn't work there, does it?

The rich ones do. Our youth are literally downscaling from buying new $20,000 cars to pining for $1000 iCrap.
Good for the youth for knowing their place. These aren't the 80's anymore. Maybe if they'd get off their asses, they could become rich.

Try again, Junior.

Put aside all the whining about government regulations, taxes on the rich and so forth.

What will happen when workers' wages decline so much against the ever-rising cost of living that most Americans can no longer afford the iCrap, the new car, or even a house?

What will happen when funding for the roads and infrastructure dry up (as it is in the process of doing now) and nobody can afford to drive, much less on the remaining toll roads?

What will happen is the current rent-seeking bubble will pop because nobody will be able to afford to support these parasites.

Such is the inevitable consequences of destroying the social safety net, reducing taxes on the rich, and letting jobs leave the country. You eventually kill your source of economic rents. That's called an economic collapse, folks.

Look at you. Making up more "what if?" scenarios without a shred of evidence. I shouldn't expect any less, considering your entire ideology is based on "what if?" conjectures.

Back
Top Bottom