• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What will Sander's supporters do?

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I wonder how many Bernie supporters will stop #feelingthebern and start to #feeltheJohnson

Pay Attention To Libertarian Gary Johnson; He’s Pulling 10 Percent vs. Trump And Clinton | FiveThirtyEight

A Morning Consult survey published Tuesday and found Clinton getting 38 percent of the vote, Trump 35 and Johnson 10, with 17 percent undecided. A Fox News poll conducted from May 14-17 showed Trump leading over Clinton, 42 percent to 39 percent, but Johnson at 10 percent as well. Lest you think this is some fluky May development, a Monmouth University survey conducted in mid-March — while the political universe was still busy wringing its hands over the Republican nomination — found that in a three-way race, Clinton would get 42 percent, Trump 34 percent and Johnson 11 percent.

I wonder just how big Johnson will go.

:popcorn:

(This thread has all the makings of non-stop entertainment.)

Umm about as many as Repubs that cannot find a conservative in the race.

You don't think he will get any dissatisfied Bernie voters? I think quite a few will be pulling that lever for Johnson.

You don't think he will get any dissatisfied Bernie voters? I think quite a few will be pulling that lever for Johnson.

Very possible, oh by the way I did not say that he would not be. I said Johnson will be getting voters from both sides. In the end one of the Big Two will win, but it could turn out to be a wake up call for them, we shall see.

Very possible, oh by the way I did not say that he would not be. I said Johnson will be getting voters from both sides. In the end one of the Big Two will win, but it could turn out to be a wake up call for them, we shall see.

I know, Even if Johnson got 30% he would propbably still have single digit EVs

I don't think it will be a wakeup call either, I'm just wondering how many dems are going to go with the #nevertrump GOPers and vote 3rd party.

You are a smart guy, think about it. Trump's possible routes to a win are extremely thin already.

You think about it... how is a liberal, who would normally vote democrat, chosing not to vote democrat helping the Democratic nominee win?

You think about it... how is a liberal, who would normally vote democrat, chosing not to vote democrat helping the Democratic nominee win?

LOL....OK

You seem to have it all figured out.

Good job!

Liberals are not going to cross over for some no name like Johnson.................period!

Libertarian type republicans will because they do not like Trump.

This Sanders supporter will be proud of what he has done and support Clinton and vote for her in November as the lesser evil of two less than stellar choices

I wonder how many Bernie supporters will stop #feelingthebern and start to #feeltheJohnson

Pay Attention To Libertarian Gary Johnson; He’s Pulling 10 Percent vs. Trump And Clinton | FiveThirtyEight

Sanders supporters are not all going to do the same thing. In order, most to least, and based on an educated guest, they will not vote, or vote for Clinton, or vote for Trump, or vote for some one else. Being younger than most voters, it is fairly safe to say the largest part of them will simply not vote, as younger people do not vote as often as older ones.

Pay Attention To Libertarian Gary Johnson; He’s Pulling 10 Percent vs. Trump And Clinton | FiveThirtyEight I wonder just how big Johnson will go.

I will definitely give him serious thought and I hope the Libertarian party can get into the double digits. I will probably vote for Jill Stein, though. I like Libertarian judges and Green executives. I go both ways on legislators. I can see some Bernie supporters voting for Johnson. Wheter or not they go Libertarian or Green or some other 3rd party just depends on which issues are the most important to them. THE most important issues to me are issues Libertarians and Greens tend to agree on. So it is the 2nd and 3rd tier issues that are the deciding factors for me, and many others.

I definitely won't be voting for anyone with an R or D by their names this time around because the most important issues to me are issues the Republicans AND Democrats side against me on (use of military force and corporate influence over the government).

Probably not that many; economically his views are anathema to the majority of Bernie supporters, and he is stridently opposed to most of Bernie's centerpiece ideas. I have no doubt whatsoever that the preponderance of Bernie supporters voting 3rd party will go Green. Whatever Libertarian upsurge exists is probably far more attributable to Trump.

This Sanders supporter will be proud of what he has done and support Clinton and vote for her in November as the lesser evil of two less than stellar choices

I'm sure a significant portion will. That said, a perhaps even larger portion probably will not.

Some Berners will vote for Hillary.
Some Berners will vote for Trump.
Some Berners will vote for Stein.
Some Berners will vote for Johnson.
Some Berners will vote for Bernie and not give a ****.

Bernie supporters are a lot more politically diverse than any other candidates' because he's not like any other candidate (people actually like him and can vote for him without holding their noses)

Some Berners will vote for Hillary.
Some Berners will vote for Trump.
Some Berners will vote for Stein.
Some Berners will vote for Johnson.
Some Berners will vote for Bernie and not give a ****.

Bernie supporters are a lot more politically diverse than any other candidates' because he's not like any other candidate (people actually like him and can vote for him without holding their noses)

Indeed, and every one of them that don't vote for Hillary hurts her chance for election.

Indeed, and every one of them that don't vote for Hillary hurts her chance for election.

And every one who does not vote for Trump hurts his chance. Amazing how that works isn't it?

LOL....OK

You seem to have it all figured out.

Good job!

Liberals are not going to cross over for some no name like Johnson.................period!

Libertarian type republicans will because they do not like Trump.

Some might, but others will be left with the same dilemma that Conservatives will be, back someone that does not share your ideology or .......................

Who's "Sander" and why do I care about his supporters?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wanted to start a thread with same name but for a different reason. First if Clinton whens the nomination and Bernie comes out in full support of her what will you do? Also on the other side, if he does get the nomination and has to use super PACs how do you defend that? It just seems Sanders supporters have backed themselves into a corner on both.

Back
Top Bottom