• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will Rogers do?

What will Rogers do?

• Go to Pittsburg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to Tampa

• Las Vegas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kushinator

I'm not-low all the time
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Before anyone can put together a handle on the 2022 season, the biggest question remains... What is this man gonna do? Last year's ongoing saga throughout the spring and summer escalated into a bit of a media frenzy which forced the Pack's hand to go all in with respect to FA and the draft. A most humiliating post-season defeat in Lambo put an end to another MVP season and has GB in cap hell without a ring to show for it. At this point, i don't know how AR remains in GB. They can still get a duke's ransom (not as much value as they could circa 2021). The smart play would be to take the best offer available from any team willing to take Rogers.

Before anyone can put together a handle on the 2022 season, the biggest question remains... What is this man gonna do? Last year's ongoing saga throughout the spring and summer escalated into a bit of a media frenzy which forced the Pack's hand to go all in with respect to FA and the draft. A most humiliating post-season defeat in Lambo put an end to another MVP season and has GB in cap hell without a ring to show for it. At this point, i don't know how AR remains in GB. They can still get a duke's ransom (not as much value as they could circa 2021). The smart play would be to take the best offer available from any team willing to take Rogers.

I say he will retire over the summer.

He hasn't won enough Superbowls to retire. He's coming back.. As a Lion's fan, I both hate him and admire him.

Who gives a ****.

He's a drama queen.
This. Hopefully he retires and I don't have to hear a disproportionate amount of media coverage over this overrated player who can never win the games that matter.

(Note: I am/was a Favre fan and hated how the Packers dealt with him, so it's possible there's a LITTLE bit of bias against the Packers and Rodgers.)

He is staying with the Packers, He is back in a good place with management. He has the best chance to get to the SB by staying in the NFC. He stuck around Green Bay after the season and had several meetings with management which apparently went very well. I think we may hear his decision within the next couple days.

I do think there is a 10% chance he retires. I think we are gonna start seeing a lot of players retiring early based on CTE data. Rodgers just got off a 12 day cleanse. He values his health greatly.

My Broncos are gonna get Jimmy G. Elway is friendly with John Lynch and a few other executives. We'll win ten games and just miss out on a playoff spot. I'd wish there was a good QB in the draft. I'd prefer to go that direction. I'd love to get D Watson but that doesn't sound like a thing.

I don't give a rats ass anymore. He's turned into a class A jerk..

It's all about him now.. He seems like he needs the spotlight almost weekly now..

Also keeping Rodgers the Pack take almost a $47 mil cap hit, that's close to 25% of their cap... Lol.. Way too much money, IMO, for 1 player who fails to get to the SB every year... Besides, I won't trust him if I were the Packers..

He is staying with the Packers, He is back in a good place with management. He has the best chance to get to the SB by staying in the NFC. He stuck around Green Bay after the season and had several meetings with management which apparently went very well. I think we may hear his decision within the next couple days.

I do think there is a 10% chance he retires. I think we are gonna start seeing a lot of players retiring early based on CTE data. Rodgers just got off a 12 day cleanse. He values his health greatly.

My Broncos are gonna get Jimmy G. Elway is friendly with John Lynch and a few other executives. We'll win ten games and just miss out on a playoff spot. I'd wish there was a good QB in the draft. I'd prefer to go that direction. I'd love to get D Watson but that doesn't sound like a thing.
I would also add that the Packers just hired Tom Clements as their QB coach. Rodgers is a big fan of his.

I don't give a rats ass anymore. He's turned into a class A jerk..

It's all about him now.. He seems like he needs the spotlight almost weekly now..

Also keeping Rodgers the Pack take almost a $47 mil cap hit, that's close to 25% of their cap... Lol.. Way too much money, IMO, for 1 player who fails to get to the SB every year... Besides, I won't trust him if I were the Packers..
He's definitely turned into an unlikable drama queen.

As for his lack of success in the playoffs, he's just too cautious with the ball. 4 interceptions in the regular season looks great, wins MVP awards and wins games against teams like Detroit and Chicago. In the playoffs, against good teams, when you're playing from behind, sometimes you have to take chances and force balls into tight windows. Rodgers won't do that.

I would also add that the Packers just hired Tom Clements as their QB coach. Rodgers is a big fan of his.
Aaron apparently was a big part of this decision. This is a big change from when he felt he was being left out.

Rumor.... Rodgers wants $50 mil a year.. He wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL... He denies this, but sources are saying he wants more than Mahomes's $45 mil..

If true in other words, Rodgers will be extorting the Packers, again..

Rumor.... Rodgers wants $50 mil a year.. He wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL... He denies this, but sources are saying he wants more than Mahomes's $45 mil..

If true in other words, Rodgers will be extorting the Packers, again..

Mahomes is only getting all that money because it's not guaranteed. There's no other top QB that can be cut or traded with so little dead money.

If Rodgers wants that type of money he better be prepared to play for it.

Mahomes is only getting all that money because it's not guaranteed. There's no other top QB that can be cut or traded with so little dead money.

If Rodgers wants that type of money he better be prepared to play for it.
If I were the Packers tomorrow I would put out this
press release...

'These are the teams Aaron Rodgers has agreed to be traded to. We will accept the best offer from any of these teams'

Then trade him for the best offer... It's obvious Rodgers is now a head case. The Packers can't trust him as far as they can throw him.. They need to move on...

I think Rodgers should go to the Titans. He could hand the ball off to Henry 25 times a game and save his body, He’d have talented receivers in Julio and AJ to throw to. He’d have a great coach and a great D in an easy division.

He’s running it back with GB but it’s fun to talk about.

He's staying in GB... 4 year $200 mil deal...

Good for him... Of course this means the Packers will have less money to build a team around him... But hey, it's all about Aaron...

As a Bronco fan I'm glad he is staying in Green Bay. I hated the idea of mortgaging the future to get Rodgers for only 2 years and possibly more. I don't like the idea of paying for a championship. Obviously a championship would not have been guaranteed given how many good teams are in the AFC. I think we will grab a cheap Free Agent or maybe even keep Teddy and trade back into the late first and grab a QB. We have a ton of money to spend so we can build up the D to an elite level. Maybe get Von back and snag the honey badger or JC Jackson or both. Draft either an edge or LB at 9 or trade down. We have 5 picks in the top 100.

We are gonna have to throw some darts at QB and hopefully get lucky. I don't know if Denver has the patience to develop a Malik Willis. GM George Payton doesn't like small hands so maybe no Picket. I have a feeling Sam Howell may be the guy. If not him I wouldn't doubt grabbing Desmond Ridder. They may even wait till the third and grab Carson Strong. We will see how free agency plays out.

I don't hate the idea of trading for D Watson if the price is right. At least we could lock him up for many years. I'd prefer getting our guy through the draft however.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a Bronco thread but I'm actually excited we aren't going after Rodgers and he won't be playing for an AFC competitor.

Last edited:
As a Bronco fan I'm glad he is staying in Green Bay. I hated the idea of mortgaging the future to get Rodgers for only 2 years and possibly more. I don't like the idea of paying for a championship. Obviously a championship would not have been guaranteed given how many good teams are in the AFC. I think we will grab a cheap Free Agent or maybe even keep Teddy and trade back into the late first and grab a QB. We have a ton of money to spend so we can build up the D to an elite level. Maybe get Von back and snag the honey badger or JC Jackson or both. Draft either an edge or LB at 9 or trade down. We have 5 picks in the top 100.

We are gonna have to throw some darts at QB and hopefully get lucky. I don't know if Denver has the patience to develop a Malik Willis. GM George Payton doesn't like small hands so maybe no Picket. I have a feeling Sam Howell may be the guy. If not him I wouldn't doubt grabbing Desmond Ridder. They may even wait till the third and grab Carson Strong. We will see how free agency plays out.

I don't hate the idea of trading for D Watson if the price is right. At least we could lock him up for many years. I'd prefer getting our guy through the draft however.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a Bronco thread but I'm actually excited we aren't going after Rodgers and he won't be playing for an AFC competitor.
Bronco fan? Looks like you are getting Wilson... Not Rodgers... But not bad... Lol

Rodgers just ensured the packers won't win shit for the next 4 years. $50 M, 1 player out of 53 taking about 25% of the cap space. oh, and Adams is going to need $20M or more

It's a ridiculous salary even if he was better than Brady. I remember when whole teams didn't cost that much.

Rodgers is being an attention whore again... He's saying he is staying with the Packers... But he's playing words games saying he hasn't signed a contract yet... Lol

He's immunize wording... Lol

Back
Top Bottom