• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will happen on January 6th when Congress counts the votes?

What will happen on January 6th when congress counts the votes?

• Everything will go according to protocol

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • There will be some written objections but the count will be completed without issues

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • All hell will break loose and the vote will be delayed complete with unrest outside congress

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Some Republicans in congress and the president will attempt an auto coup

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Who the hell knows anymore?

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What will happen on January 6th when Congress counts the electoral votes?

I imagine some congress critters will refuse to honor their oath of office and try to go for Trump instead of Biden.

Everything will go very smoothly.

The Dems will be very disappointed, for they would like to be considered the victims in this election controversy.

The Dems will be very disappointed, for they would like to be considered the victims in this election controversy.
They kind of are. No presidential winner has been treated the way biden has. I can't remember the last time the loser refused to concede.

Tough call, but I’ll risk everything because making predictions is fun: a bunch of House republicans object in an attempt to force the count to a debate, but no R Senators go along with it so it doesn’t work. Biden wins (again) and incels on parler go nuts. Sidney Powell and Lin Wood file their 87th lawsuit And trump retweets something about food trucks delivering black suitcases filled with Biden ballots.

They kind of are. No presidential winner has been treated the way biden has. I can't remember the last time the loser refused to concede.
Probably because I'm not sure anyone still alive today was actually alive the last time it happened.

I said other because I think it will be a combination of there will be written objections, but these won't make a difference, although they may delay the process, and there will also very likely be people protesting outside the Capitol.

'
Of course, there's no legal requirement to "concede." That is just a courtesy. If President Trump feels that he was cheated by a rigged election, then he should not dignify the "winner" by "conceding." If a man is robbed, should he thank the robber? I don't think so. Everyone knows there was some creative counting of votes. We just do not know how much. Of course, rigged elections are as American as apple pie (Lyndon Johnson was elected Senator from Texas when some "misplaced" ballots just happened to appear!). The November 3 election (because of the convenient confusion caused by vote-by-mail) was, however, a real doozy even by American standards.

And it was absurd for that high official to proclaim within a day or two that the November 3 election was the most secure in our history. How would he know that by only sitting in his D.C. office?

Merry Christmas.

'
Of course, there's no legal requirement to "concede." That is just a courtesy. If President Trump feels that he was cheated by a rigged election, then he should not dignify the "winner" by "conceding." If a man is robbed, should he thank the robber? I don't think so. Everyone knows there was some creative counting of votes. We just do not know how much. Of course, rigged elections are as American as apple pie (Lyndon Johnson was elected Senator from Texas when some "misplaced" ballots just happened to appear!). The November 3 election (because of the convenient confusion caused by vote-by-mail) was, however, a real doozy even by American standards.

And it was absurd for that high official to proclaim within a day or two that the November 3 election was the most secure in our history. How would he know that by only sitting in his D.C. office?

Merry Christmas.
Every single presidential winner deserves a concession from their loser. In my life time I have seen george hw bush, bob dole, gore, kerry, mccain, romney, and clinton concede. Gore conceded despite losing by a handful of votes. That was an election you can claim was stolen because completing the recount could have turned the election. What trump is doing is unprecedented and you can see why dems and non trumper republicans are disturbed by it. Your right there is no legal need to concede but he should concede if he truly is a patriot.

Last edited:
'

Merry Christmas.

The problem with slander is that it necessarily requires a specifically harmed party. For example, Smartmatic sued Lou Dobbs for slander and he was forced to issue a fact check against his own claims stating that their software was used to switch votes for Biden.

However, when Trump slanders democracy by claiming fraud without evidence, democracy can't sue trump for slander. It's a clever way to make slanderous or libelous claims: simply make the accusation broad enough that no aggrieved party can sue for damages, even though the damage being caused is objectively enormous.

Last edited:
I'm going with his folks doing the same thing they did during the impeachment proceedings, to make a mockery of our own government accompanied by armed 'peace' keepers outside to stop the steal.

The problem with slander is that it necessarily requires a specifically harmed party. For example, Smartmatic sued Lou Dobbs for slander and he was forced to issue a fact check against his own claims stating that their software was used to switch votes for Biden.

However, when Trump slanders democracy by claiming fraud without evidence, democracy can't sue trump for slander. It's a clever way to make slanderous or libelous claims: simply make the accusation broad enough that no aggrieved party can sue for damages, even though the damage being caused is objectively enormous.

Judge Pirro and Maria to follow, Saturday and Sunday..

our current President is such a punk and baby (in massive debt) that we have to wonder about DOCUMENTING THE VOTE.

****ing anti-american babies.

Smartmatic had a good case and FOX lawyers knew it. They had to retract it or they'da been increasing Smartmatic's earnings per share substantially from the massive payout.

What will happen on January 6th when Congress counts the electoral votes?

I believe one thing.....the republicans will win both Senate seats in Georgia. So the winner, presumably Biden, will be a lame duck president.

I think it's pretty obvious who thinks they are the victim in this election and it's not the democrats!

'

Merry Christmas.

tkH6fvhm.jpg

I voted Other: one more humiliation for The Donald --OR --The Donald loses election AGAIN.

Let the Repubs in the House and Senate object on 1/6 so we can have both vote on the election and divide the Repubs.

Back
Top Bottom