• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Will GOP Do Once ACA is Accepted?

Figure this fight over Obamacare ends one day...maybe even soon. After all, the GOP can't just keep beating a dead horse forever. What then?

If it's accepted, I'll have little use for Republicans.

If it works, I suppose I could retire to a unicorn plantation or teach UFO theory to a tribe of Bigfoots.

The war was lost years ago, the middle class will continue to get poorer and poorer.
All government handouts will be fiercely sought after as the 47% grows and grows.
The only that might reverse this is when the endless supply of goodies from DC runs dry.
No one can imagine such a thing now can they?

Under Obamacare, Disney World Will Promote Its Part-Time Workers To Full-Time Status
The happiest place on earth just got a little happier.
Walt Disney Co. announced on Wednesday that it is offering full-time employment to the 427 part-time employees at its Disney World theme park in Orlando, Florida who work at least 30 hours per week — the threshold at which the Affordable Care Act requires large employers with 50 or more workers to offer basic health benefits to employees or risk paying a $2,000 per employee fine after the first 30 workers.

Under Obamacare, Disney World Will Promote Its Part-Time Workers To Full-Time Status
Walt Disney Co. announced on Wednesday that it is offering full-time employment to the 427 part-time employees at its Disney World theme park in Orlando, Florida who work at least 30 hours per week — the threshold at which the Affordable Care Act requires large employers with 50 or more workers to offer basic health benefits to employees or risk paying a $2,000 per employee fine after the first 30 workers.

Lol, they can save money by providing them plans that offer less than the plans they're already offer their employees. Fail.

Yeah, we passed an unpopular law and went against the will of the people, but in a decade or so when you're all dependent on it and selfish over benefits that come about because of government coercion on your fellow Americans you will love it. That much we can promise.

You guys sound like douchebags. It's pretty goddamn pathetic that you think you can attack republicans on anything when this is your argument.

Why didn't the voters choose Romney if they didn't want the AHC act? Why did the GOP lose seats in the House and Senate last election?
Its the sore losers that are the douchebags. Just admit that you know that the reform will be popular and that is what you hate most about it. Get it off your chest and you will feel better.

It was the worst possible solution. But, no one was willing to put their nuts on the block and push for taxpayer funded UHC, Medicare for all. So, it is what it is---a law that he GOP hates, but actually designed.

The GOP loved Romneycare before Obama co-opted it pushed for it; then they hated it.

I'm not so sure the GOP loved it, the centrist fiscal conservatives like Romney did. But the GOP has changed a lot since he was gov in Mass.

Makes sense that their acceptance of Romney care would shift with the party

PS some people in congress did push for better legislation. They were sadly left in the cold being that the DNC didn't really seem concerned with passing effective legislation, as opposed to tacking their name on some type legislative victory. And the GOP was solely focused on stifling anything the democrats tried.

Pretty much the story of the last 8 years.

Last edited:
why would the GOP really oppose the ACA they won't it is the biggest govt power grab in the entire history of this nation

Taxpayer funded UHC? Yeah, because I really want to pay for other peoples healthcare needs and be forced onto another government program. That sounds like my idea of a good time.

See. That's the point: most people aren't as selfish as you. Why would you deny basic healthcare to children and other who are less fortunate than you?

The unions are fighting Disney on this. Oh the irony.

I'm sure rich companies can afford the law. Everyone else, not so much;).

See. That's the point: most people aren't as selfish as you. Why would you deny basic healthcare to children and other who are less fortunate than you?

Sorry, but 500 pound diabetics aren't "less fortunate" then me. They are just plain FAT by choice.

It was the worst possible solution. But, no one was willing to put their nuts on the block and push for taxpayer funded UHC, Medicare for all. So, it is what it is---a law that he GOP hates, but actually designed.

The GOP loved Romneycare before Obama co-opted it pushed for it; then they hated it.

No one loved Romney care.....

Lets also not forget Romney care was an epic failure...

Besides, obamacare has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare anyways... Obamacare is all about regulations and control over the general populace.

Sorry, but 500 pound diabetics aren't "less fortunate" then me. They are just plain FAT by choice.

Uh, you do know that there are millions of working poor without healthcare. Correct? If not, the employee list at Walmart would be a good place to start looking.

No one loved Romney care.....

Lets also not forget Romney care was an epic failure...

Besides, obamacare has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare anyways... Obamacare is all about regulations and control over the general populace.
Nonsense, the GOP loved that particular healthcare concept before they hated it.

Here's how it really is:
r9613gop.jpg

Amirite?

Uh, you do know that there are millions of working poor without healthcare. Correct? If not, the employee list at Walmart would be a good place to start looking.

It doesn't concern me in the least the jobs that are meant to be for 16, 17, and 18 year olds don't offer health insurance.

Nonsense, the GOP loved that particular healthcare concept before they hated it.

Here's how it really is:
r9613gop.jpg

Amirite?

It wasn't the Republicans idea to limit the community ratings to a 3x difference instead of a 5x difference. Rates are literally doubling for those under the age of 35. THE SAME PEOPLE THEY NEED TO SIGN UP FOR THE LAW TO KEEP IT AFFORDABLE ARE BEING PRICED OUT OF THE MARKET.

That was NOT a Republican idea.

Here's how it really is:
r9613gop.jpg

Amirite?

Um, no they didn't - democrats and Romney loved it... It also turned out to be an EPIC disaster to boot... Let's also not forget this was in Massachusetts so we can call "romneycare" a small scale experiment that failed. What makes you think the results would be any better on a national scale?

No to mention the fact that Obamacare has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare and everything to do with economic regulation and social dictation.

Figure this fight over Obamacare ends one day...maybe even soon. After all, the GOP can't just keep beating a dead horse forever. What then?

It won't take long before its flaws rear up and demand solutions. The only way this works is that young healthy people buy insurance. The penalty's too small. It needs to be pricier. The 30-hour full-time regulation needs to be lowered to 20. Companies can staff adequately at 29 hours a week -- they would not be able to staff at 19.

IMO, the plan is rapidly going to become a boondoggle unless these two above problems are addressed. Companies will be shifting the burden of providing health insurance on the government left and right by lowering hours to 29 . . . young people will stay out of the plan in droves until they get sick . . .

There's plenty of work to do. And THAT'S what Republicans should be focused on.

It won't take long before its flaws rear up and demand solutions. The only way this works is that young healthy people buy insurance. The penalty's too small. It needs to be pricier. The 30-hour full-time regulation needs to be lowered to 20. Companies can staff adequately at 29 hours a week -- they would not be able to staff at 19.

IMO, the plan is rapidly going to become a boondoggle unless these two above problems are addressed. Companies will be shifting the burden of providing health insurance on the government left and right by lowering hours to 29 . . . young people will stay out of the plan in droves until they get sick . . .

There's plenty of work to do. And THAT'S what Republicans should be focused on.

Well, then maybe the GOp should just let it run it's course.

I suspect that the reason they don't is because they know it will be a wildly popular program. And, that--Obama have a successful presidency--scares then more than anything else. After all, the GOP is on record stating they want Obama to fail.

Um, no they didn't - democrats and Romney loved it... It also turned out to be an EPIC disaster to boot... Let's also not forget this was in Massachusetts so we can call "romneycare" a small scale experiment that failed. What makes you think the results would be any better on a national scale?

No to mention the fact that Obamacare has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare and everything to do with economic regulation and social dictation.
Obamacare is a plan modeled after what was written by the Heritage Foundation. They were for it before turning against it.

How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate - Forbes

You're not very well informed are ya?

It doesn't concern me in the least the jobs that are meant to be for 16, 17, and 18 year olds don't offer health insurance.

I'm sick and tired of you "I've got mine screw everyone else" types driving this country towards something akin to India, where people die like flies because they can't get basic services. I'm glad your Tea Nuts are shooting themselves in the head over this. Maybe we'll be rid of those who represent the worst of America's selfish bastards.

In a decade, Republicans will be trying to take credit for the ACA. They'll start emphasizing the whole "Romneycare" angle, because the people will have gotten used to the benefits they'll be enjoying from the ACA.

In a decade when the majority are poor and homeless, with a tier of people that work 16 hours a day at 2-3 jobs just to get by. The only ones that benefit are government people and high level corporate people.

Some will never 'like' it even if it benefits them, because their benefit comes at another's cost. I am supposedly one who it will 'benefit', and I think it's the worst piece of legislation to ever have come down the pike and be rammed down the throats of Americans.

Contrary to most Liberal leaning individuals, many American's don't want other people paying for their support, making decisions about their healthcare, or being involved in their lives other than what the Federal Government was created for.

I hope that the fight is never truly given up, until the ACA is amended to the point of non-mandatory.

I will continue to voice my dislike of the ACA verbally and by word of pen, to as many as will listen.

I'm sick and tired of you "I've got mine screw everyone else" types driving this country towards something akin to India, where people die like flies because they can't get basic services. I'm glad your Tea Nuts are shooting themselves in the head over this. Maybe we'll be rid of those who represent the worst of America's selfish bastards.

Its not an "I got mine" attitude. Its a matter of functionality. Making careers out of burger flipping simply is not a very functional economy. You can read Emile Durkheim if you need a better understanding of what I mean.

Also, I hate to break it to you, you can get rid of me and the likes of me all you want. Don't expect to have a very coherant society afterwards.

Also India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, and more people have been lifted out of absolute poverty in that country then we have people in this country. So they must be doing something right.

Also India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, and more people have been lifted out of absolute poverty in that country then we have people in this country. So they must be doing something right.

Good. Then move to India and quit messing up America.

Back
Top Bottom