• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Will GOP Do About Syria?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Just saw GOP bashing Trump for Obama-like mistake on Syria. This sounds like he's seriously pissed them all off and he doesn't care. Couple of GOPers said they are going to get together to figure out what to do.

I see two options:

1. Ignore the order.

2. Impeach him by invoking the 25th Amendment.

That's it Republicans. Those are your only two options. Right?

Just saw GOP bashing Trump for Obama-like mistake on Syria. This sounds like he's seriously pissed them all off and he doesn't care. Couple of GOPers said they are going to get together to figure out what to do.

I see two options:

1. Ignore the order.

The military follows lawful orders.

This is the way it has to be.

I see two options:

1. Ignore the order.

Get rid of him asap. He's done. We can do better.

Are you saying Trumps vague, surprise tweet about this was a lawful order? No one has any idea what it means. Tomorrow, or in a year?

ISIS has not been defeated according to his own military report, still some ISIS there, thousands.

White House said ask the pentagon for details, Pentagon said ask the White House for details.

Did Turkey/Puting put him up to it?

What a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

I see two options:

1. Ignore the order.

If Congress insists on us being in Syria against Trump’s wishes then they can declare war, in which case Trump would be Constitutionally obligated to wage it, and if he doesn’t then that would be grounds for impeachment. But that won’t happen.

Holy crap I have to agree with you let me see if hell froze over.

Seriously when I was in the army the majority hated obama, yet if you came down to disobeying orders, the vast majority would side with obama, and would only refuse such orders if they were violating the constitution and the rights applied to us citizens and those living under it's juristiction.

As far as syria I am fairly certain the vast majority would side with trump on this even the soldiers who hate him, as it is a lawful order and there is no constitutional violations in such order, therefore the commander in chief has the right to command such.

Funny how people are talking about how leaving Syria will cause a power vacuum which Russia will gladly fill ... as if Trump would find that a compelling reason not to leave Syria.

Are you saying Trumps vague, surprise tweet about this was a lawful order? No one has any idea what it means. Tomorrow, or in a year?

ISIS has not been defeated according to his own military report, still some ISIS there, thousands.

White House said ask the pentagon for details, Pentagon said ask the White House for details.

Did Turkey/Puting put him up to it?

What a dumpster fire.

Declaring victory and going home is a common way that losers leave.

Last edited:
Funny how people are talking about how leaving Syria will cause a power vacuum which Russia will gladly fill ... as if Trump would find that a compelling reason not to leave Syria.

Iran as well, though.

I see two options:

1. Ignore the order.

Displeasing a small percentage of Americans, even if it involves large mobs of loud-mouthed disgruntled democrats, is not an impeachable offense.

If the WH says Trump tweets are official policy, and they are. Then we are officially in new territory. Aside from the fact that Trump said he's pulling out with no talking to anybody but apparently the Turkish President. We are now allowing the President to tweet war commands??? BTW, I thought he wasn't going to tell our enemies what he was going to do.

If the WH says Trump tweets are official policy, and they are. Then we are officially in new territory. Aside from the fact that Trump said he's pulling out with no talking to anybody but apparently the Turkish President. We are now allowing the President to tweet war commands??? BTW, I thought he wasn't going to tell our enemies what he was going to do.

I do remember him saying something like that.

I think some people knew ... (grin) ... and Netanyahu tweeted that he had been informed on Monday ...

@NPR
Follow Follow @NPR
More
JUST IN: A senior Pentagon official said the White House decided last week to remove all U.S. troops from Syria. Troop reductions in Afghanistan are also being discussed. No details are available yet.

10:14 AM - 19 Dec 2018

I do remember him saying something like that.

Is anyone really upset that we are bringing our kids home and out of harms way. I would like to see the same thing in Afghanistan.

I see two options:

1. Ignore the order.

The GOP? As in the Congressional GOP Elites?

They'll piss and moan.

Back
Top Bottom