• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will blm say if diamond reynolds in fact lied about t he events last week

EvaPeron

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I heard yesterday that this lady has a lot of explaining to do. First, why she only has video from after the shooting. She was caught on video tape saying she took the video because she wanted to show the world that the police are not here to protect and serve but that they want to assassinate black people. She further said that she didn't capture the beginning because if she had moved the cop would have shot her also. She clearly did start videoing at a very serious time in the event so that is also questionable as to why then she felt safe to begin.

Then later in a different interview she said she started videoing after the event because she didn't want to capture the murder of her boyfriend on social media. But then, the question begs to be asked, how did she know that a murder was imminent?

The documented evidence shows several things we do know. First, that the man Philando fit the description of a person who had recently committed an armed robbery. And second, we do know that sitting on his lap (review the picture) is clearly a gun.

A lot of people believe that either two things happened. Either A, she didn't video tape until after the shooting because she/he were in the middle of possibly trying to shoot the officer and so she didn't respond until after the shot was fired or B: she did video tape that part and the police have it in evidence or she tried to erase it and they will try to recover it.

I wonder what BLM will say if it does come out that this lady did lie? I also wonder if very many people drive around town with a loaded gun sitting on their lap.

I know lots of people in the south who have carry permits but know of no one who leaves a gun sitting on their lap while driving.

Also, let's give this gentleman the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't common sense then dictate that before you reach for a wallet behind you with a gun on your lap that you would stop, keep your hands on the steering wheel, wait for the officer to come to you and then acknowledge that you have a gun in your lap? Wouldn't you do all of this before reaching for a wallet?

I listened to the video and that officer was just as distraught (maybe even more distraught than this Diamond lady). He was a mess after the shooting and very, very upset. Yet she, was clearly much calmer and instead of worrying about helping her BF she was video tapping what appeared to me to be her moment in the limelight.

I'll end by saying that if any person I loved/cared about had just been shot, I would be begging the officer to let me help him. I wouldn't be holding a cell phone video tapping while the officer is holding a gun and her son is in the back seat.

Just none of it makes sense. She could have let the phone video play while she tried to help him.

I wonder what BLM will say if it does come out that this lady did lie? I also wonder if very many people drive around town with a loaded gun sitting on their lap.

Considering it's a loose, leaderless movement of citizens who share a few common concerns, I imagine lots of different opinions will be expressed. You can't bundle everybody into neat little groups and make them answer for the actions of an individual, life isn't that simple.

You can't bundle everybody into neat little groups and make them answer for the actions of an individual...

Hmmmm leftists do this all the time.

I heard yesterday that this lady has a lot of explaining to do. First, why she only has video from after the shooting. She was caught on video tape saying she took the video because she wanted to show the world that the police are not here to protect and serve but that they want to assassinate black people. She further said that she didn't capture the beginning because if she had moved the cop would have shot her also. She clearly did start videoing at a very serious time in the event so that is also questionable as to why then she felt safe to begin.

Then later in a different interview she said she started videoing after the event because she didn't want to capture the murder of her boyfriend on social media. But then, the question begs to be asked, how did she know that a murder was imminent?

The documented evidence shows several things we do know. First, that the man Philando fit the description of a person who had recently committed an armed robbery. And second, we do know that sitting on his lap (review the picture) is clearly a gun.

A lot of people believe that either two things happened. Either A, she didn't video tape until after the shooting because she/he were in the middle of possibly trying to shoot the officer and so she didn't respond until after the shot was fired or B: she did video tape that part and the police have it in evidence or she tried to erase it and they will try to recover it.

I know lots of people in the south who have carry permits but know of no one who leaves a gun sitting on their lap while driving.

Also, let's give this gentleman the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't common sense then dictate that before you reach for a wallet behind you with a gun on your lap that you would stop, keep your hands on the steering wheel, wait for the officer to come to you and then acknowledge that you have a gun in your lap? Wouldn't you do all of this before reaching for a wallet?

I listened to the video and that officer was just as distraught (maybe even more distraught than this Diamond lady). He was a mess after the shooting and very, very upset. Yet she, was clearly much calmer and instead of worrying about helping her BF she was video tapping what appeared to me to be her moment in the limelight.

I'll end by saying that if any person I loved/cared about had just been shot, I would be begging the officer to let me help him. I wouldn't be holding a cell phone video tapping while the officer is holding a gun and her son is in the back seat.

Just none of it makes sense. She could have let the phone video play while she tried to help him.

*sigh*

Yet another example of "It's all the black peoples' fault! They're making it all up!"

Chalk another one up to the conservatives' tendency to buy into conspiracy theories....

Since I'm seeing some of the protesters still reciting, "Hands up. Don't shoot," I'm going to assume that, to protesters, at least, the truthdoesnt matter.

The answer is nothing. People still chant, wear tshirts, scream... "HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT!"
Facts are immaterial, it's what is emotionally exploitable that is what matters.

The answer is nothing. People still chant, wear tshirts, scream... "HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT!"
Facts are immaterial, it's what is emotionally exploitable that is what matters.

Great minds and all that. Ha!

As I've brilliantly and famously stated before, the first story from 'the street' is almost always wrong.

You would think white liberals would have caught on by now, but we all know they have a narrative to prop up.

Since I'm seeing some of the protesters still reciting, "Hands up. Don't shoot," I'm going to assume that, to protesters, at least, the truthdoesnt matter.

that is expected from right wing haters.

Last edited:

The answer to the OP is nothing.

BLM would say nothing because it doesn't fit their narrative, or they would deny the facts and tell us what she was thinking regardless of what she said.

*sigh*

Yet another example of "It's all the black peoples' fault! They're making it all up!"

Chalk another one up to the conservatives' tendency to buy into conspiracy theories....

But what if this wasn't police racism? Doesn't somebody owe someone an apology? It isn't that anyone started this issue by saying black people are bad. Instead, the last couple of years have been attack after attack on the actions of police? And more often than not the evidence proves otherwise.

So don't black lives matter care that this is happening? Don't BLM care if their false accusations could have led to the death of many police officers. Doesn't the truth deserve to be told and accepted even if it doesn't give support to the notion that black people are treated unfairly?

And if the evidence shows that she lied, then what will your response be? The cameras were broken?

In almost every case so far the evidence has shown the kill was clean and the thug was at fault, yet the white guilt club still insists that the police are an institution of racists. I suppose you kinda have to when the existence of your ideology depends on victims to pretend to care about. If BLM and thier sympathizes really cared about black lives they why are they not addressing the vast majority of black murders which are committed by black on black civilians?

But what if this wasn't police racism? Doesn't somebody owe someone an apology? It isn't that anyone started this issue by saying black people are bad. Instead, the last couple of years have been attack after attack on the actions of police? And more often than not the evidence proves otherwise.

So don't black lives matter care that this is happening? Don't BLM care if their false accusations could have led to the death of many police officers. Doesn't the truth deserve to be told and accepted even if it doesn't give support to the notion that black people are treated unfairly?

You must be a racist.

What would happen? Nothing. They saw they were wrong on Brown yet still sing his name and the BS hands Up, Don't shoot. Emotional people do not want anyone to show that they are wrong, they would have to admit it and that is Not going to happen. Oh well.

What would happen? Nothing. They saw they were wrong on Brown yet still sing his name and the BS hands Up, Don't shoot. Emotional people do not want anyone to show that they are wrong, they would have to admit it and that is Not going to happen. Oh well.

If they accept the truth they would be confronted with the realization that they are the racists and thier cause is defending thugs.

You must be a racist.

You must know me better than I know myself, but no. I love all people and your saying otherwise isn't going to change that. I'm not even angry that you make this statement. I'm just sad that our world would assume something so horrible when I know how wrong that assumption is. Rosa parks and I would have been friends. But you and l....not so much.

You must know me better than I know myself, but no. I love all people and your saying otherwise isn't going to change that. I'm not even angry that you make this statement. I'm just sad that our world would assume something so horrible when I know how wrong that assumption is. Rosa parks and I would have been friends. But you and l....not so much.

It was a joke

I also wonder if very many people drive around town with a loaded gun sitting on their lap.

When I posted a thread a little while back asking how fellow concealed carriers carry their sidearm in the car, a couple people here said they do that very thing.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-control/253082-do-you-carry-while-driving.html

Post 6 and 7 for example.

Henrin and I had this little exchange.

I have heard others mention the gun under the thigh one. I would be concerned about a possible dangerous situation in a police traffic stop if one of the officers does see it before you hand over your CCW permit.

If he shoots you for simply having a gun on your person then he is a complete retard and should be thrown in jail.

True. But that won't be much comfort as I am bleeding out. :)

The smiley face seems inappropriate in hindsight.

Back
Top Bottom