• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What were your favorite and least favorite results from last nights elections?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I though this would be a cool to get the positives and negatives on certain races from last nights elections.

Have at it!

Senate

Favorite Winner - Marco Rubio in Florida. This guy has a very bright political future ahead of him.
Favorite Loser - Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas. She sold her vote on the health care bill for a Harry Reid bribe, screwed her constituents, and got exactly what she deserved.
Least Favorite Winner - Barbara Boxer in California. Six more years of the pretentious "Ms. Ma'am" to deal with... Geez
Least Favorite Loser - Sharron Angle in Nevada. She was the latest victim of the Harry Reid political machine.

Congress

Favorite Winner - Alan West of Florida. He's a no nonsense conservative and a man of honor.
Favorite Loser - Alan Grayson of Florida. Nobody running for any office last night deserved to lose more than that scum-bag.
Least Favorite Winner - Maurice Hinchey of NY. This guy a nasty, disgusting, partisan liberal liar. But he ran in New York, so...
Least Favorite Loser - Ruth McClung of Arizona. She's a conservative, 28 year old physicist that earned my respect by refusing to accept funding from the republican party last week, because she didn't want the strings that were attached. She put her personal integrity above the quest for political power.

Governor

Favorite Winner - Susana Martinez of NM. She New Mexico's first female Governor and the nations first Hispanic female Governor... and a Republican.
Favorite Loser - Carl Paladino of NY. This guy was an embarrassment to republicans, and didn't deserve to win.
Least Favorite Winner - Jerry Brown of California. This guy is a far left nut that should have just faded away.
Least Favorite Loser - Meg Whitman of California. She was unfairly ambushed and brutally attacked by left coast liberals, and was a much better choice than Brown was.

Personally I'm glad the proposition doing away with the red-light cameras in Houston passed. What a ****ing racket that is.

I though this would be a cool to get the positives and negatives on certain races from last nights elections.

Have at it!

Senate

Favorite Winner - Marco Rubio in Florida. This guy has a very bright political future ahead of him.
Favorite Loser - Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas. She sold her vote on the health care bill for a Harry Reid bribe, screwed her constituents, and got exactly what she deserved.
Least Favorite Winner - Barbara Boxer in California. Six more years of the pretentious "Ms. Ma'am" to deal with... Geez
Least Favorite Loser - Sharron Angle in Nevada. She was the latest victim of the Harry Reid political machine.

Congress

Favorite Winner - Alan West of Florida. He's a no nonsense conservative and a man of honor.
Favorite Loser - Alan Grayson of Florida. Nobody running for any office last night deserved to lose more than that scum-bag.
Least Favorite Winner - Maurice Hinchey of NY. This guy a nasty, disgusting, partisan liberal liar. But he ran in New York, so...
Least Favorite Loser - Ruth McClung of Arizona. She's a conservative, 28 year old physicist that earned my respect by refusing to accept funding from the republican party last week, because she didn't want the strings that were attached. She put her personal integrity above the quest for political power.

Governor

Favorite Winner - Susana Martinez of NM. She New Mexico's first female Governor and the nations first Hispanic female Governor... and a Republican.
Favorite Loser - Carl Paladino of NY. This guy was an embarrassment to republicans, and didn't deserve to win.
Least Favorite Winner - Jerry Brown of California. This guy is a far left nut that should have just faded away.
Least Favorite Loser - Meg Whitman of California. She was unfairly ambushed and brutally attacked by left coast liberals, and was a much better choice than Brown was.

Only one. A favorite Loser: Alexi Giannoulias, running for Barack Obama's seat in the Senate. Not that Mark Kirk is a prize, but he's better than THAT crook. President Obama endorsed Giannoulias as heavily as he endorsed any other candidate in the United States. I am glad he lost.

Personally I'm glad the proposition doing away with the red-light cameras in Houston passed. What a ****ing racket that is.

Senate

Favorite Winner - Tie between Rubio, Pat Toomey, and Rand Paul never has there been more legitimate conservatives.
Favorite Loser - Russ Feingold. I love nothing more to see a big democrat-liberal giant defeated at the hands of a mere conservative, IN THE NORTH no less.
Favorite special election loser: Arlen Specter, nuff said.
Favorite special election winner: Scott Brown, same as Feingold...in reverse.
Least Favorite Winner - Tie between Boxer and Reid. I wanted Reid to lose, almost expected it, but I suppose it was too much to ask for. At least he's not as big a douchebag as boxer, but she ran in california so, i knew she would get elected again.
Least Favorite Loser - Dino Rossi. I would choose Fiorina but, dammit, just can't seem to pull 50+1% to save his life against the democrat machine in washington, which is sad because he is definitly in the top tier republicans, and whether it's recounts during the governor race, or just staying ahead in washington, his office just seems to get stolen away from him...

Congress

Favorite Winner - Steve Southerland from florida. I know the guy personally, he's cool.
Favorite Loser - Alan Grayson of Florida. nuff said
Least Favorite Winner - Barney Frank. Even in massachussets, how the hell does he keep his seat after everything he has done.../
Least Favorite Loser - Walt Minnick. Out of all democrats, he was the best one. Even among the democrat ranks, he was an ideal conservative.

Governor

Favorite Winner - Susanne Martinez, for the reasons you gave above.
Favorite Loser - Tie between Alex Sink, for being a damn cheater, and Carl Paladino, for OP's reasons above
Least Favorite Winner - Patrick Quinn of Illinois, I expected him to lose, and the least deserving of winning, in my opinion.
Least Favorite Loser - Tom Tancredo. He's somewhat nuts but, it would have been a riot if he had pulled an upset, which was possible if you looked at the polls during the campaign.

Was glad to prop 20 pass in California, which prevents elected officials doing the gerrymandering. Sad to see prop 19 fail, although Arnold's decriminalization order still moves us in the right direction.

My favorite result was Rand Paul winning the Senate spot from Kentucky. The amount of fun to be had at his expense over the next six years is incalculable. He will be the gift that just keeps on giving to progressives. In addition he has served a huge public service by even scaring off the Dailykos progressives who from time to time flirt with the idea that libertarianism is not so bad or has a liberal side that means anything besides smoking dope or getting laid. Even Kos no longer has a good thing to say about him or libertarianism. Just imagine what an education he will give to the rest of the nation over six years about the wonders of turning back the nation to the 18th century. Heres to you Rand Paul - you are truly priceless.

My least favorite moment of the night was the loss Russ Feingold of Wisconsin. Next to Bernie Sanders, probably the best man in the Senate. Too bad about that.

Favorite winner: Marco Rubio

Favorite loser: Sharon Angle, just cause I know how much it pisses off people. Plus she's a nutcase.

Have at it!

Senate

Congress

Governor

I know you're talking national . . . but overall I'm actually quite pissed over my mayor and sherrif being re-elected.

Senate:

Favorite winners - For the Democrats, it was Michael Bennet in Colorado. I really thought he was going to lose, but he managed to eke out a victory. This was the starkest example of a great leader running against a hack, IMO. For the Republicans, it was Rand Paul in Kentucky. Rand Paul is a smart and principled guy (even if his principles are wrong). I hope he'll be a great senator.

Favorite losers - For the Democrats, it was Jack Conway in Kentucky, for his despicable campaign against Rand Paul. For the Republicans, it was Sharron Angle in Nevada, for being a total idiot.

Least favorite winners - For the Democrats, it was Harry Reid in Nevada. If it wasn't for the fact that he was one more Democratic vote, I'd love to have gotten rid of him so that we could get Chuck Schumer as majority leader. The Republicans didn't really have any horrible winners in the competitive states, so I guess I'll go with Jim DeMint in South Carolina. Obviously his election was never really in doubt...but I can't stand his style of politics or his personality.

Least favorite losers - For the Democrats, it was Russ Feingold in Wisconsin. He was a principled and intelligent leader who really deserved to win reelection, and his opponent attacked him as a "Washington insider" of all things. For the Republicans, it was Dino Rossi in Washington. He seems like a decent guy, and this is the third straight election he's lost by the slimmest of margins. I feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
Only one. A favorite Loser: Alexi Giannoulias, running for Barack Obama's seat in the Senate. Not that Mark Kirk is a prize, but he's better than THAT crook. President Obama endorsed Giannoulias as heavily as he endorsed any other candidate in the United States. I am glad he lost.

And don't forget we get a little bonus with that win (Kirk). The term of the current office holder Roland Burris ended at midnight. And Kirk will begin filling out the interim period immediately. So the Senate balance has already shifted by one, which may be significant if there are any efforts by Demcrats to jam through controversial bills during the lame duck period between now and January....

Back
Top Bottom