• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What We Know About Patriot Prayer

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]What We Know About Patriot Prayer[/h]What We Know About Patriot Prayer | Southern Poverty Law Center On Sunday morning, the New York Times reported that a man wearing a hat branded with the insignia of Patriot Prayer was shot and killed in Portland

Patriot Prayer is a far-right group active in the Pacific Northwest. Over the past three years, the group has hosted and promoted rallies in progressive cities like Portland, frequently engaging in violence against their political opponents. Patriot Prayer rallies regularly include the Proud Boys, a hate group, and various antigovernment extremist groups. In 2018, the FBI included the Washington-Oregon Proud Boys during a presentation to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office on “domestically inspired acts of violence.” The FBI advised, “Proud Boys members have contributed to the recent escalation of violence at political rallies held on college campuses, and in cities like Charlottesville, Virginia, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington,” a report from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office stated.

Joey Gibson, the leader of Patriot Prayer, lives in Vancouver, Washington and has called Portland “disgusting” and filled with “so much darkness.” He has instructed members and supporters to be armed at rallies, saying, “Everyone should be carrying around guns at all times, especially people in our situation.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The US has more guns than any developed country in the world.

[h=1]What We Know About Patriot Prayer[/h]What We Know About Patriot Prayer | Southern Poverty Law Center On Sunday morning, the New York Times reported that a man wearing a hat branded with the insignia of Patriot Prayer was shot and killed in Portland

Patriot Prayer is a far-right group active in the Pacific Northwest. Over the past three years, the group has hosted and promoted rallies in progressive cities like Portland, frequently engaging in violence against their political opponents. Patriot Prayer rallies regularly include the Proud Boys, a hate group, and various antigovernment extremist groups. In 2018, the FBI included the Washington-Oregon Proud Boys during a presentation to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office on “domestically inspired acts of violence.” The FBI advised, “Proud Boys members have contributed to the recent escalation of violence at political rallies held on college campuses, and in cities like Charlottesville, Virginia, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington,” a report from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office stated.

Joey Gibson, the leader of Patriot Prayer, lives in Vancouver, Washington and has called Portland “disgusting” and filled with “so much darkness.” He has instructed members and supporters to be armed at rallies, saying, “Everyone should be carrying around guns at all times, especially people in our situation.”

We also know there is one less member of their organization and my bet is that if they continue to confront their enemies in Portland there will even fewer of them.

Haha, SPLC like so many organizations has shot its credibility, and is now a left wing propaganda site.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...aw-center-hate-groups-scam-column/2022301001/

These shameful secrets are no longer hidden in shadows. The New York Times, Politico, NPR and a host of other mainstream publications are reporting on the corruption and widening credibility gap. The SPLC dismissed its co-founder in March, and its president has resigned amidst numerous claims of sexual harassment, gender discrimination and racism within the organization — a parade of disgraces that vividly force the conclusion: The SPLC is hollow, rotten and failing at the very virtues it pretends to celebrate.

Last edited:
Haha, SPLC like so many organizations has shot its credibility, and is now a left wing propaganda site.

Southern Poverty Law Center is a scam, not an arbiter of justice

These shameful secrets are no longer hidden in shadows. The New York Times, Politico, NPR and a host of other mainstream publications are reporting on the corruption and widening credibility gap. The SPLC dismissed its co-founder in March, and its president has resigned amidst numerous claims of sexual harassment, gender discrimination and racism within the organization — a parade of disgraces that vividly force the conclusion: The SPLC is hollow, rotten and failing at the very virtues it pretends to celebrate.

That doesn't mean patriot prayer aren't a bunch of assholes looking for a fight everywhere they go.

They aren't new. They've been up to that **** for years now.

Southern Poverty Law Center is a scam, not an arbiter of justice

Just because the right turned fascist doesn't mean SPLC is left wing. ;)

I'll tell you who isn't a member of this group... Those "peaceful protesters" who were heard celebrating the death of Aaron Danielson.

One more thing, HumblePi, SPLC has absolutely no credibility. Most anyone whose politics they oppose they label haters or a hate group.

We also know there is one less member of their organization and my bet is that if they continue to confront their enemies in Portland there will even fewer of them.

I hope that does not happen.

That's why the Leftists need to chill the **** out.

The Commies are too busy shooting each other...lol

They're hooked-in with Proud Boys. What more do we need to know?

Plenty of info out there onnit. They have suckered leftist into untold millions in donations and hoarded it and spent it on themselves, a sucker is born every minute.
Just because the right turned fascist doesn't mean SPLC is left wing. ;)

Gee I wonder why only leftists donate, but surely it’s not leftist because internet guy says so, hahaha.

They're hooked-in with Proud Boys. What more do we need to know?

Antifa murdered a counter protester, and then celebrated his death?

Plenty of info out there onnit. They have suckered leftist into untold millions in donations and hoarded it and spent it on themselves, a sucker is born every minute.

Gee I wonder why only leftists donate, but surely it’s not leftist because internet guy says so, hahaha.

Other internet guy claims to know all SPLC donors. :lol:

Leftists like SPLC because they support cancel culture.

1. I've seen no one celebrate
  2. If the tables where turned and lefties piled in a truck, drove to another town and started bear spraying the citizens there and shooting them with paintball guns, you'd be one of the first in here screaming it was self defense.

Leftists like SPLC because they support cancel culture.
The horror....the horror....

he-insisted-on-being-cloaked-in-shadows-to-hide-his-weight-photo-u1

Do you care to expound upon how your post relates to mine? Is there some point you're trying to make?

Do you care to expound upon how your post relates to mine? Is there some point you're trying to make?

You asked a question, (what more do we need to know?) and I gave you my answer.

The fact that you don't appreciate my point is moot.

You asked a question, (what more do we need to know?) and I gave you my answer.
Your
The fact that you don't appreciate my point is moot.
What?

Your earlier response tells us nothing about Patriot Prayer. No wonder I couldn't make sense of your post.

That doesn't mean patriot prayer aren't a bunch of assholes looking for a fight everywhere they go.

They aren't new. They've been up to that **** for years now.

For the sake of argument, let's assume you are correct and patriot prayer are a bunch of assholes looking for a fight... Does that make them a group of law breakers, a deplorable organisation, a domestic terrorist threat, and should they not be permitted to hold public gatherings?

If you answer "yes" to any of the above, then why haven't I seen you applying the same labels and calling for the same treatment of BLM or ANTIFA? We have endured more than 3 months of violence, murder, looting and destruction from those organisations and very little has been done by the democratic leaders in those areas to stop any of it. They have even gone as far as refusing to file charges against those people and letting them go to cause more destruction.

Back
Top Bottom