• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What We Know About Patriot Prayer

Jeremy Christian is just nuts. He was known to rant about Christians while riding public transit in Portland. He also ranted about Muslims, and two men decided to confront him over the rant against Muslims. The odd thing is, nobody said a peep when he was raving about how much he hated Christians. The thing about Portland being the protest capital of the world, is it draws certifiably insane people who would be screeching at the sky whether a protest was involved or not.

I found that out when I suffered through a 36 minute video where they finally kicked the **** out of the guy in the truck who was trying to help a woman get back her stuff.

No, it’s because many of their protests have turned violent.

It's highly laughable to think BLM is not violent when one of their officials publicly declared "looting is reparations".

What We Know About Patriot Prayer

What We Know About Patriot Prayer | Southern Poverty Law Center On Sunday morning, the New York Times reported that a man wearing a hat branded with the insignia of Patriot Prayer was shot and killed in Portland

Patriot Prayer is a far-right group active in the Pacific Northwest. Over the past three years, the group has hosted and promoted rallies in progressive cities like Portland, frequently engaging in violence against their political opponents. Patriot Prayer rallies regularly include the Proud Boys, a hate group, and various antigovernment extremist groups. In 2018, the FBI included the Washington-Oregon Proud Boys during a presentation to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office on “domestically inspired acts of violence.” The FBI advised, “Proud Boys members have contributed to the recent escalation of violence at political rallies held on college campuses, and in cities like Charlottesville, Virginia, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington,” a report from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office stated.

Joey Gibson, the leader of Patriot Prayer, lives in Vancouver, Washington and has called Portland “disgusting” and filled with “so much darkness.” He has instructed members and supporters to be armed at rallies, saying, “Everyone should be carrying around guns at all times, especially people in our situation.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The US has more guns than any developed country in the world.

I don't know anything about PP, good or bad, but I guess if SPLC says it, it must be true. :lamo

The funny thing about this is that pretty much everything specific they have to say about PP, is actually about another totally different organization.

That was my first reaction as well.

Then, the case they brought to bear:

"Patriot Prayer has sometimes had members be in geospatial proximity to Proud Boys who are BAD. This means that Patriot Prayer is also bad. This works the exact opposite for BLM protestors, who, despite being in geospatial proximity to rioters and looters, should never, ever, ever be tarnished with them"​

:roll:
When talking specifically about happened with these shootings these past few days, neither side have been angels the past few weeks of esclation.

Rittenhouse went looking for trouble the minute he crossed state lines with a rifle, but the people he killed were throwing **** and looking for trouble all the same.

Same goes for the BLM demonstrator that shot the MAGA demonstrator. The former is a killer that brought a gun to a demonstration, and the latter brought pepper spray and was attacking people with it.

Everybody out there that is out after dark, or is bringing pepper spray, guns, bats, paintballs, or what have you are NOT looking to peacefully demonstrate, and the National Guard should have been called out in Portland a long time ago as it was in Wisconsin to help keep the peace.

Both shooters must stand trial for murder. The actions of those they killed make them no less murderers.

I found that out when I suffered through a 36 minute video where they finally kicked the **** out of the guy in the truck who was trying to help a woman get back her stuff.

With everything that's gone on, I'd forgotten about that case trix. Good memory. We need to preserve the accurate account of what's gone on, in order to expose the left wing lie that these are peaceful protests. If people are continuously getting beat unconscious, punched, spat upon, then these protestors ain't peaceful.

That's why the Leftists need to chill the **** out.

:lamo

No, we really don't.

You Boogaloo fantasy people come across as an utterly pathetic group, with all of your anonymous, veiled warnings. You people aren't going to do ****.

Message board tough guys aren't very scary. Not on message boards. Not in person.

But hey, you keep on saying what you need to say to feel good about things, ok? Just know that NO ONE on what you call "the left" (i.e. the vast majority of the American public) will ever do anything but look with derision upon the pathetic group of "Boogaloo" incels who subscribe to race-war fantasies. If ever your beloved "Civil War II" comes, it will end for you people the same way the last one did. The only exception will be that, with the lessons of history well-learned, there will be no glorification (or even tolerance) for your damn "culture" in defeat.

You can ask me to explain the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer, as I have close friends and allies in both groups.
Of course you do.
But I'm not associated with the NRA.
Of course not.

California firearms laws being what they are, any such association would be a total wast of time for you.

Yeah, your previous one(s) was (were) better, in that nobody had to ask.

I'm glad you guys like the new one. If liberals aren't wetting themselves when I change my avatar picture, I know something is amiss.

What right wing violence are looking to have him condemn? Right now, the violence, the looting, the rioting, the arson and the attacks on innocent civilians is being done by the leftist mobs. Care to denounce them?

A right wing extremist murdered two people in Kenosha last week.

Not true. But thanks for chiming in with a lie.

Sorry murdered two and shot a third. You’re right, omitting a pertinent fact can be considered deceitful.

Sorry murdered two and shot a third. You’re right, omitting a pertinent fact can be considered deceitful.

There is no evidence that he murdered anyone or that hes a 'right wing extremist' whatever that means. But keep lying about it.

There is no evidence that he murdered anyone or that hes a 'right wing extremist' whatever that means. But keep lying about it.

Uh he shot them with & rifle and they’re dead. That would be considered evidence. Before he started shooting people he was hanging out with right wing extremist group The Kenosha Guard. For more information on right wing extremism, please read the OP. For future posting, try actually including content rather just saying everything’s a lie.

Uh he shot them with & rifle and they’re dead.
And? If you watch the video, the dead guy attempted to bash his brains in with a skateboard and was coming back for more and the other idiot was approaching him with a gun drawn.
That would be considered evidence. Before he started shooting people he was hanging out with right wing extremist group The Kenosha Guard. For more information on right wing extremism, please read the OP. For future posting, try actually including content rather just saying everything’s a lie.
What is a right wing extremist? Other than a way for you to smear people you hate. And the OP is discussing a different incident.

[h=1]What We Know About Patriot Prayer[/h]What We Know About Patriot Prayer | Southern Poverty Law Center On Sunday morning, the New York Times reported that a man wearing a hat branded with the insignia of Patriot Prayer was shot and killed in Portland

Patriot Prayer is a far-right group active in the Pacific Northwest. Over the past three years, the group has hosted and promoted rallies in progressive cities like Portland, frequently engaging in violence against their political opponents. Patriot Prayer rallies regularly include the Proud Boys, a hate group, and various antigovernment extremist groups. In 2018, the FBI included the Washington-Oregon Proud Boys during a presentation to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office on “domestically inspired acts of violence.” The FBI advised, “Proud Boys members have contributed to the recent escalation of violence at political rallies held on college campuses, and in cities like Charlottesville, Virginia, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington,” a report from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office stated.

Joey Gibson, the leader of Patriot Prayer, lives in Vancouver, Washington and has called Portland “disgusting” and filled with “so much darkness.” He has instructed members and supporters to be armed at rallies, saying, “Everyone should be carrying around guns at all times, especially people in our situation.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The US has more guns than any developed country in the world.

The left is doing all the burning and killing and you come up with this garbage?

Mother Theresa would be considered a white supremacist with the SPLC.

And? If you watch the video, the dead guy attempted to bash his brains in with a skateboard and was coming back for more and the other idiot was approaching him with a gun drawn. What is a right wing extremist? Other than a way for you to smear people you hate. And the OP is discussing a different incident.

You asked for evidence, I gave it to you. What’s not in doubt in whether he killed them and he has been charged with murder. Now he may not be convicted in the end but to brush the incident under the carpet is dishonest.

I’m aware it’s a different incident in the OP but you were pretending you didn’t khnow what right wing extremism is so I helpfully pointed out some information for you. Why are you pretending you don’t know what right wing extremism is by the way? I wasn’t trying to smear people, I just don’t like extremists of any description. You were taking earlier about “leftist mobs” so take that analysis and apply it to extremist right wing groups like Patriot Prayer, Proud Boys, Boogaloo, etc. As well as lone actors such as Dylan Roof. More information here:

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States | Center for Strategic and International Studies

You asked for evidence, I gave it to you. What’s not in doubt in whether he killed them and he has been charged with murder. Now he may not be convicted in the end but to brush the incident under the carpet is dishonest.

I’m aware it’s a different incident in the OP but you were pretending you didn’t khnow what right wing extremism is so I helpfully pointed out some information for you. Why are you pretending you don’t know what right wing extremism is by the way? I wasn’t trying to smear people, I just don’t like extremists of any description. You were taking earlier about “leftist mobs” so take that analysis and apply it to extremist right wing groups like Patriot Prayer, Proud Boys, Boogaloo, etc. As well as lone actors such as Dylan Roof. More information here:

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States | Center for Strategic and International Studies

You provided zero evidence that this kid was a right wing extremist. But go ahead and define what you mean by the term. And by leftist mobs I mean simply mobs comprised of leftists. Do you consider the people taking part in this mob violence to be left wing extremists? Why or why not.

Back
Top Bottom