• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Worse Affliction You Suffered Under A Trump Presidency That Is Now Gone Under Biden's ?

If you know, why can't you tell me?
It's because you can't even grasp the concept that employers hire from multiple sources. If something that basic is lost on you, then what is the purpose in trying to unpack additional layers of detail around methodologies, priorities, etc. with someone who sees the world in black-and-white, zero-complexity terms? It's a waste of my time and it's a waste of yours. It would be better for you to go on in life thinking that companies either hire Americans or they hire foreigners.

It's because you can't even grasp the concept that employers hire from multiple sources. If something that basic is lost on you, then what is the purpose in trying to unpack additional layers of detail around methodologies, priorities, etc. with someone who sees the world in black-and-white, zero-complexity terms? It's a waste of my time and it's a waste of yours. It would be better for you to go on in life thinking that companies either hire Americans or they hire foreigners.

I can't understand why an American employer wouldn't want to hire just Americans, all else being equal.

I can't understand why an American employer wouldn't want to hire just Americans, all else being equal.
Of course you can't, and that's why this quite literally may be a conversation above your pay grade. Employers don't hire one person, and then decide what country to hire that person from. They build teams, they source expertise, they hire to build foundations. Sometimes you interview someone and think "wow this person could change the game for us if they were on our team" and you try to bring them on board, regardless of where they live. You don't say "oh that person is awesome, now let me spend nine months checking to see if they happen to have a local clone with a US passport, while they do amazing things for someone else that I might be competing with." That's how the real world works. This is also the American way - immigration of the world's best and brightest. Skilled immigrants have a heavy hand in designing all the things you take for granted in your daily life. They make America a stronger country.

But, you should go on living in the simple black-and-white world that makes sense to you.

Of course you can't, and that's why this quite literally may be a conversation above your pay grade. Employers don't hire one person, and then decide what country to hire that person from. They build teams, they source expertise, they hire to build foundations. Sometimes you interview someone and think "wow this person could change the game for us if they were on our team" and you try to bring them on board, regardless of where they live. You don't say "oh that person is awesome, now let me spend nine months checking to see if they happen to have a local clone with a US passport, while they do amazing things for someone else that I might be competing with." That's how the real world works. This is also the American way - immigration of the world's best and brightest. Skilled immigrants have a heavy hand in designing all the things you take for granted in your daily life. They make America a stronger country.

But, you should go on living in the simple black-and-white world that makes sense to you.

You still have yet to explain any advantage to hiring foreign vs. domestic labor, all else being equal. Are there no American game changers? Are there no skilled Americans who have a heavy hand in designing all the things that I take for granted? Why can't you answer these simple questions? Is the American work force lacking things that only foreign workers can provide?

You still have yet to explain any advantage to hiring foreign vs. domestic labor, all else being equal. Are there no American game changers? Are there no skilled Americans who have a heavy hand in designing all the things that I take for granted? Why can't you answer these simple questions? Is the American work force lacking things that only foreign workers can provide?
Like I said you can only imagine hiring one person or another while actual leaders hire both because it lets you go twice as fast. I get it, this is beyond your understanding and experience. That’s okay. You go right on believing in the simple world that makes you comfortable.

Like I said you can only imagine hiring one person or another while actual leaders hire both because it lets you go twice as fast. I get it, this is beyond your understanding and experience. That’s okay. You go right on believing in the simple world that makes you comfortable.

Still no answers to my questions. Just more personal attacks. Why can't you hire twice as many Americans?

Back
Top Bottom