• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

We're the Millers.

Probably only a buck at Redbox now. A strangely united "family" on an illegal road trip. Very clever humor, not PC BS disguised as humor, great character development, very attractive characters, no gore, no grossness, a nice ending that you will like. Sometimes oddly heartwarming.

If you ever thought you might have a hidden quirk that finds humor in off beat places, this movie is for you. For some reason, when it's over, you'll say "Let's watch it again."

No particular message, no sympathy demanded. Really good dialogue and clever humor. Don't worry about it, just get it. Redbox, Netflix, Amazon.

that is my wife's new "favorite movie".

We're the Millers.

Probably only a buck at Redbox now. A strangely united "family" on an illegal road trip. Very clever humor, not PC BS disguised as humor, great character development, very attractive characters, no gore, no grossness, a nice ending that you will like. Sometimes oddly heartwarming.

If you ever thought you might have a hidden quirk that finds humor in off beat places, this movie is for you. For some reason, when it's over, you'll say "Let's watch it again."

No particular message, no sympathy demanded. Really good dialogue and clever humor. Don't worry about it, just get it. Redbox, Netflix, Amazon.

I got it on Redbox a couple weeks ago, and didn't get to watch it. I didn't think about having a houseful of kids, and there was never a moment that there wasn't at least one kid awake. :lol:

Nah. I can't watch 3D. Makes me motion sick. :( Watched Titanic in 3D last year and almost didn't make it out of the theater. :lol:

Really? I get motion sick too but not from 3-D stuff, but I have only watched like 1 or 2 truly 3D movies. That would suck to start watching a movie and then have to go be sick. :lol:

Really? I get motion sick too but not from 3-D stuff, but I have only watched like 1 or 2 truly 3D movies. That would suck to start watching a movie and then have to go be sick. :lol:

It's the only 3D I've bothered to watch. It costs so much more, and to get sick after all? :lol: Not happening.

On the plus side - my middle daughter got her first job today - at the movie theater!! SCORE!! Family and friends get in for free! I feel like it's Christmas all over again. :lol:

It's the only 3D I've bothered to watch. It costs so much more, and to get sick after all? :lol: Not happening.

On the plus side - my middle daughter got her first job today - at the movie theater!! SCORE!! Family and friends get in for free! I feel like it's Christmas all over again. :lol:

Awesome! I can't think of a person who would get better use out of that! Congrats! :lol:

Awesome! I can't think of a person who would get better use out of that! Congrats! :lol:

Yeah I told her as much, too. :lol: I loved working for Movie Gallery. Free movies, all the time? And they actually paid me to work there. I would have done it for free.

We are already looking around at what to watch first.

Yeah I told her as much, too. :lol: I loved working for Movie Gallery. Free movies, all the time? And they actually paid me to work there. I would have done it for free.

Great, now you can be our official movie reviewer. :mrgreen:

I got it on Redbox a couple weeks ago, and didn't get to watch it. I didn't think about having a houseful of kids, and there was never a moment that there wasn't at least one kid awake. :lol:

It's worth a second try!

Nah. I can't watch 3D. Makes me motion sick. Watched Titanic in 3D last year and almost didn't make it out of the theater.

Ah, right. You told me about that. :(

They really should've released it in 2D as well. The movie's actually aged remarkably well, and never really even needed the 3D conversion in the first place IMO.

I've probably seen Jurassic Park a good half a thousand times at this point, and I still found it to be plenty intense enough to keep me on the edge of my seat at certain points.

It's the only 3D I've bothered to watch. It costs so much more, and to get sick after all? Not happening.

On the plus side - my middle daughter got her first job today - at the movie theater!! SCORE!! Family and friends get in for free! I feel like it's Christmas all over again.

My younger brother had that job for a couple of years. He hated it, but the free movies were pretty sweet while the gig lasted. :lol:

Love the new avatar BTW! :lol:

Ah, right. You told me about that. :(

They really should've released it in 2D as well. The movie's actually aged remarkably well, and never really even needed the 3D conversion in the first place IMO.

Well, James Cameron is a greedy bastard, so nothing he does surprises me. How many different $35 to $40 versions of Avatar did he release? Plus 2 and 3 are in the works. I will say that you are right about how well Titanic is holding it's own. My daughter loves that movie, and it was released like the year she was born. :lol: She's honestly probably seen it 50 times.

I've probably seen Jurassic Park a good half a thousand times at this point, and I still found it to be plenty intense enough to keep me on the edge of my seat at certain points.

Same. I never get tired of that movie.

My younger brother had that job for a couple of years. He hated it, but the free movies were pretty sweet while the gig lasted. :lol:

I hope my daughter does well with it, but she's not a fan of manual labor. :lol:

Well, James Cameron is a greedy bastard, so nothing he does surprises me. How many different $35 to $40 versions of Avatar did he release? Plus 2 and 3 are in the works. I will say that you are right about how well Titanic is holding it's own. My daughter loves that movie, and it was released like the year she was born. :lol: She's honestly probably seen it 50 times.

Yea... He's made some decent movies over the years, but it's sort of hard to deny his latent douchiness. lol

I hope my daughter does well with it, but she's not a fan of manual labor. :lol:

I don't think it was "hard" per say. I think his major complaint was that it was actually kind of boring.:lol:

I also don't think he really cared for the people. From the way he described it, they were mostly the same kinds of borderline delinquents that you usually tend to find working at low end restaurants at the like.

Yea... He's made some decent movies over the years, but it's sort of hard to deny his latent douchiness. lol

I think it all started with his "King of the World" statement at the Oscars the year that Titanic won Best Picture. Major douchenozzle.

I don't think it was "hard" per say. I think his major complaint was that it was actually kind of boring.:lol:

I also don't think he really cared for the people. From the way he described it, they were mostly the same kinds of borderline delinquents that you usually tend to find working at low end restaurants at the like.

Nah, they just have to deal with assholes. :lol: I was asking a couple of the kids yesterday which is the best part and which is the worst. They said that concession was worst, because people wait 'til the last minute, then complain that they are going to be late to the movie because of the line to get popcorn. Said yesterday that this old guy was yelling at the clerk because he wasn't getting his popcorn fast enough, and then he yelled at this other guy, asking him why he wasn't behind the counter, helping get the line down. The guy was like, "Dude, I'm the plumber. I'm just here to fix the toilet. I don't think you want me giving you popcorn." LOL

In our theater, there aren't a lot of delinquents. Mostly it's pretty decent kids, at least the ones I've seen. We don't have a lot of places here for kids to work, so everybody wants to work there. They can be choosy about who they hire. My daughter's friends are so jealous. They are all working in fast food.

I think it all started with his "King of the World" statement at the Oscars the year that Titanic won Best Picture. Major douchenozzle.

Nah, they just have to deal with assholes. :lol: I was asking a couple of the kids yesterday which is the best part and which is the worst. They said that concession was worst, because people wait 'til the last minute, then complain that they are going to be late to the movie because of the line to get popcorn. Said yesterday that this old guy was yelling at the clerk because he wasn't getting his popcorn fast enough, and then he yelled at this other guy, asking him why he wasn't behind the counter, helping get the line down. The guy was like, "Dude, I'm the plumber. I'm just here to fix the toilet. I don't think you want me giving you popcorn." LOL

In our theater, there aren't a lot of delinquents. Mostly it's pretty decent kids, at least the ones I've seen. We don't have a lot of places here for kids to work, so everybody wants to work there. They can be choosy about who they hire. My daughter's friends are so jealous. They are all working in fast food.

Ah. Gotcha. More competition here, so a lot of places can't afford to be as choosy. lol

He told me some doozies about the concession line too. People come up and waste twenty minutes looking at the menu just to buy a small popcorn, and then everyone else in line after them is an absolute beast after being made to wait so long. :lamo

Ah. Gotcha. More competition here, so a lot of places can't afford to be as choosy. lol

He told me some doozies about the concession line too. People come up and waste twenty minutes looking at the menu just to buy a small popcorn, and then everyone else in line after them is an absolute beast after being made to wait so long. :lamo

:lol: Well have a small theater now - I think maybe 10 screens? But they are in the process of building a big multiplex now, and adding 2 dinner theaters. That will be so cool. Never done that before. I don't know how others do it, but I guess there will be a button on the side of the seat, and you press the button and a waiter comes and takes your order. Would have been handy when we saw The Hobbit last week! We were going to get a burger on the way, and didn't have time, so we just got there and ate popcorn. For 3 hours. :?

:lol: Well have a small theater now - I think maybe 10 screens? But they are in the process of building a big multiplex now, and adding 2 dinner theaters. That will be so cool. Never done that before. I don't know how others do it, but I guess there will be a button on the side of the seat, and you press the button and a waiter comes and takes your order. Would have been handy when we saw The Hobbit last week! We were going to get a burger on the way, and didn't have time, so we just got there and ate popcorn. For 3 hours. :?

We've got one here. The way it usually works is that there's a big bar on the front of the aisle ahead of you, and the waiter stops by periodically before and during the movie to take orders, bring refills, and take away empty dishes. I never noticed a button, but then again, I wasn't really looking for one either. lol

They've generally got a lot fewer seats in an auditorium as well, which can be nice. One I went to basically had office chairs instead of regular seats. :lol:

We've got one here. The way it usually works is that there's a big bar on the front of the aisle ahead of you, and the waiter stops by periodically before and during the movie to take orders, bring refills, and take away empty dishes. I never noticed a button, but then again, I wasn't really looking for one either. lol

They've generally got a lot fewer seats in an auditorium as well, which can be nice. One I went to basically had office chairs instead of regular seats. :lol:

Maybe ours will be different? I dunno - one of my friend's kids that works there said that they will be installing buttons on the side of the seats. Comfortable seats will be nice, though.

American Hustle - 6/10, Not really sure what people love about this movie, it was fun and some of the cast were excellent (mainly Renner and Bale. Louis C.K was fun too). But the story was very anticlimactic, and I felt Jennifer Lawrence kept slipping in and out of her accent.

Honestly, ever since my daughter got her job at the movie theater, I've been so excited about going to the movies for free. That being said, I haven't seen a single movie that I want to go see yet.

47 Ronin and Anchorman 2.

They were both sort of "meh." :shrug:

47 Ronin wasn't the greatest fantasy action movie I've ever seen, but it kept me entertained. It was basically just a SyFy original movie with a bigger budget. My only real complaint was that the story felt a bit rushed in some places, and the monsters were underdeveloped. It kind of defeats the purpose of introducing creatures from Japanese mythology and folklore into a movie's plot if you're not going to take the time to properly build them up or introduce them, after all.

Overall, it was just another popcorn flick. Not spectacular, but not deserving of the abyssal reviews it's gotten either, IMO.

Anchorman 2, for its own part, was pretty much exactly like the other poster who reviewed it on here said it was; a passable but slightly worse imitation of the original, with kind of a wonky sense of time and location, and something of a fetish for pointless cameos.

It wasn't great, but I laughed at several of the jokes, so I feel like I got my money's worth.

Final verdict: 6 out of 10 for the both of them.

Hubs proclaimed tonight that he's going to the movies tomorrow, and he's going to see 47 Ronin. Being the dutiful wife that I am, I looked it up online to see if it interested me. I decided to read it aloud, and "fell asleep" reading the description, as I sat in a pizza parlor. My daughter laughed. My husband failed to see the humor in my joke.

I am rarely interested in Japanese movies unless Ken Watanabe is involved. Then, I shallowly am interested only because of the beauty that is Ken Watanabe.

Hubs proclaimed tonight that he's going to the movies tomorrow, and he's going to see 47 Ronin. Being the dutiful wife that I am, I looked it up online to see if it interested me. I decided to read it aloud, and "fell asleep" reading the description, as I sat in a pizza parlor. My daughter laughed. My husband failed to see the humor in my joke.

I am rarely interested in Japanese movies unless Ken Watanabe is involved. Then, I shallowly am interested only because of the beauty that is Ken Watanabe.

Well, technically, it's an American movie with a bunch of Japanese actors in it. :mrgreen:

It's got decent special effects and some fairly decent action scenes, if nothing else.

There's also a bit of a "forbidden romance" subplot. That fact probably won't save the experience for you, but it's worth a shot. lol

For a blatant "B movie," I thought it was okay. :shrug:

Well, technically, it's an American movie with a bunch of Japanese actors in it. :mrgreen:

It's got decent special effects and some fairly decent action scenes, if nothing else.

There's also a bit of a "forbidden romance" subplot. That fact probably won't save the experience for you, but it's worth a shot. lol

For a blatant "B movie," I thought it was okay. :shrug:

Any Ken Watanabe?

Back
Top Bottom