• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

Body Brokers -Stars Jack Kilmer son of Val Kilmer. Based on true events in rehab scams that arose from the mandate to cover drug treatment when the Affordable Care Act passed. Concentrates mostly on treatment centers in SoCal.

Doesn't have a happy ending but thought it was pretty good and informative. Would recommend.

Wonder Woman 1984 is now free on Amazon Prime.

Awful. Just terrible and poorly written and developed. No plausibility whatsoever.

Awful. Just terrible and poorly written and developed. No plausibility whatsoever.
Who is the lead actress in that Lursa? I am not familiar with that film

Gal Gadot
Ah OK the one that came out last year. I was unfamiliar with it/ I don't know if she is a great actress but she is stunningly gorgeous

Ah OK the one that came out last year. I was unfamiliar with it/ I don't know if she is a great actress but she is stunningly gorgeous

She did very very well in the original WW film, which I highly recommend. I'm sorry to hear that this one is so bad.

She did very very well in the original WW film, which I highly recommend. I'm sorry to hear that this one is so bad.
I did some brief research and saw a article suggesting this might be the worst film of the year. I agree with your assessment of the original. It was very well done.

"Wonder"

Well made movie, if not a bit too sentimental.

Interstellar.

Good escapism- even if stretching credibility and scientific rigor. Just have to stop asking too many questions and enjoy the sap. 3.5/5.

Blue Thunder (1983) Roy Scheider Warren Oates Malcolm McDowell

Early 80's testosterone fueled action flick. I don't think they would get clearance to do those low aerial stunts over L.A. today.

It is Independence Day, so I watched this classic film. The Pride of the Yankees It's a great film I watch every year never gets old, and it holds up incredibly well. I am an angels fan, but I respect the man Lou Gehrig was, and Cooper's performance is legendary.10/10 .https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035211/

Last edited:
The latest Conjuring movie on HBO Max. Least interesting in the series imo, glad didn't have to rent.

Nobody - starring Bob Odenkirk. Really enjoyed the movie and highly recommend to any looking for an entertaining action movie. Bob's not the typical action hero type but he pulls it off.

The Tomorrow War.. 7.5 out of 10. Usual plot holes and very predictable, but not a bad movie. Entertaining.

I just saw it last night. The premise was good, but apparently there wasn't enough budget for editors. If they had scrapped a good 45 minutes of footage (nearly all of it with her boyfriend), it would have been a perfectly acceptable popcorn flick.

Every time the boyfriend was on screen, a flashing banner saying "This is a good time to go to the bathroom and get refreshments" should have appeared. I perfectly understand the importance of his role in the plot, but if they had featured 90% less of him it wouldn't have interfered with it at all.

And the final closing scene...wtf. I thought I was watching a coca cola commercial.

Last edited:
James Gunn knocked the suicide squad out of the park. It is a great film!

James Gunn knocked the suicide squad out of the park. It is a great film!

Even tho this poster wont read it, I'm glad to hear it, love James Gun's GOG films.

But I'm not paying $30 to see it...gonna be a few months at least before I do.

Those Who Wish Me Dead.

They detracted from the book by Michael Koryta, which was so good. The movie turned out to be mediocre.

News of the World with Tom Hanks.

Above average but not great. Worth watching tho, it gives really good insights into life during that period in TX.

There were a few things that werent credible but I guess they have to have some action in movies.

I recommend.

We saw "Free Guy tonight, it was very very good. Really fun, funny, corny but great humor, lots of surprises, formulaic but timely enough to pack a kick. Also poignant and thoughtful (but obviously so).

Highly recommended. I want to stream it when it's available and cheaper...lots of jokes and things probably missed or need to see again.

Suicide squad was a big dumb funny fun blockbuster movie. If you're in the mood for a big dumb funny fun blockbuster movie, this movie delivers.

However, if you're in the mood for a big dumb funny fun blockbuster movie, you really shouldn't watch "No Sudden Move." The wife and I watched it late at night sharing a bottle of wine, and that is not a movie you should be watching under those circumstances. It's a smart heist movie that's difficult to follow because there are a lot of characters off-screen who you've never met the people are constantly citing, and after about half an hour I had no idea what the bloody hell was going on and we went to bed. But you know that if you did follow the movie, it was probably pretty good. Sadly, it's one of those movies or shows you don't return to because you know it basically requires homework, and who has time for that?

Netflix's "Dark" is a perfect example of this. Life circumstances caused us to abandon the show through no fault of its own, but the plot is so complex that I know I'm never going to return to it. Fans literally created a map of the characters and the timelines just to follow it, and that's for people dutifully following the show.

Malignant......

1/10 and the 1 is just because it made me laugh at how absurd it was.

Shang Chi and the 10 Rings ( or whatever the official name is)

A very good movie, one of my favourite Marvel superhero movies ( not that I watched all of them) Better than the stand alone Ironman movies and the first two Thor movies

Short Circuit. Still one of my favorite 80s movies.

Back
Top Bottom