• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What unites you?

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
American Forum Goers.

There must be something that unites you. For far too long on this site, we have found only things to disagree on, to go as far as hating eachother for, you go out of your way to find things that will divide you, to turn all conversations of "us against them".

In every country I have lived, regardless of what we believed, or practised, there was SOMETHING that brought us together, whether is be a sport, a custom, something that united us all.

What unites you, regardless of Liberal or Conservative.

Beer.

Hm, not so much. Then you'd get an argument about import vs domestic, dark vs light vs ale vs microbrew.... and then some, ahem, fine gentleman would just have to chime in about how real men drink Pabst Blue Ribbion....

American Forum Goers.

There must be something that unites you. For far too long on this site, we have found only things to disagree on, to go as far as hating eachother for, you go out of your way to find things that will divide you, to turn all conversations of "us against them".

In every country I have lived, regardless of what we believed, or practised, there was SOMETHING that brought us together, whether is be a sport, a custom, something that united us all.

We like to fight.

We fight over politics. We fight over ideology and party. We fight over sports teams. We fight over beer brands. We fight over regionalism. We fight with words, and with fists, and with bullets and cruise missles. We fight wars, and then we fight over whether we should have fought this war or that war.

We just like to fight. Hey, who is surprised here? We got Scots, Irish, Indians, Germans and English all rolled into one, it's a wonder our right hands don't fight with our left hands. :mrgreen:

da bears
-----

American Forum Goers.

Being attacked by outsiders, and/or natural disasters. That's about it, except for Katrina. Some jackasses even found a way to make that a liberal vs. conservative, black vs white issue.

We like to fight.

We fight over politics. We fight over ideology and party. We fight over sports teams. We fight over beer brands. We fight over regionalism. We fight with words, and with fists, and with bullets and cruise missles. We fight wars, and then we fight over whether we should have fought this war or that war.

We just like to fight. Hey, who is surprised here? We got Scots, Irish, Indians, Germans and English all rolled into one, it's a wonder our right hands don't fight with our left hands. :mrgreen:

A truly inspiring answer Goshin.

A truly inspiring answer Goshin.

While there was a certain amount of tongue-in-cheek in it, I think there was a certain amount of truth too. Historically we demonstrate far more unity when faced with a common enemy. Absent one, we tend to get fractious with each other over any number of lines of conflict, both real and arbitrary. We are a rather contentious people.

Maybe for you old kids, but the younger generations are actually pretty involved with soccer.

This is exactly what we get with all this immigration. Corruption of our younger generations! I think we need to immediately amend the immigration laws to prevent anyone from entering the country who uses the term "American Football" when referring to football and the term "football" when referring to soccer.

This is exactly what we get with all this immigration. Corruption of our younger generations! I think we need to immediately amend the immigration laws to prevent anyone from entering the country who uses the term "American Football" when referring to football and the term "football" when referring to soccer.

:lamo :lamo

Well it is a good thing that soccer is actually referred to as futbol!

Well it is a good thing that soccer is actually referred to as futbol!

I rest my case. Our younger generation doesn't even insult football in English....it's a national tragedy, I tell you! :(

Chocolate
Don't believe it?

Try getting into a heated debate with a liberal friend. Right before she's ready to slam out the door, take a fresh baked pan of brownies out of the oven.

Can I have what your having? I laughed when I read this

We like to fight.

Right there is why we fight, until there's not a tooth left in our heads.

You make a list of different types of peoples, and you list the Irish !!! second?!?

Bang! - ZOOOOOOOOooooooom!!!

American Forum Goers.

My skin, tendons and ligaments.
Without those, I'd be all un-united. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom