• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Trump would have done had he been president.

Michael Cole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We don't have to speculate on what Trump would have done with Putin and Ukraine had he been reelected. Trump has faced a similar situation (ignoring the fact Trump did nothing to oppose the Donbass separatists being backed by Putin. Hell, Trump tried withholding military aid.)

No, we don't need to look at Trump's record with Ukraine. We only need to look at Syria.

This is what Trump would have done. He would have sent Putin a letter.

TRUMP-LETTER-TO-ERDOGAN.jpg

And I'm certain Putin would have bowed down in fear, just like Erdogan did.

Okay, Trump supporters. You can begin twisting as to why it would be 'different' this time.

We don't have to speculate on what Trump would have done with Putin had he been reelected. Trump has faced a similar situation (ignoring the fact Trump did nothing to oppose the Donbass separatists being backed by Putin. Hell, Trump tried withholding military aid.)

No, we don't need to look at Trump's record with Ukraine. We only need to look at Syria.

Okay, Trump supporters. You can begin twisting as to why it would be 'different' this time.

A fool telling someone not to be a fool.

Irony at its best.

We don't have to speculate on what Trump would have done with Putin and Ukraine had he been reelected. Trump has faced a similar situation (ignoring the fact Trump did nothing to oppose the Donbass separatists being backed by Putin. Hell, Trump tried withholding military aid.)

"Okay, Trump supporters. You can begin twisting as to why it would be 'different' this time."
It's gonna be difficult. Trump did impose sanctions just like Biden is doing.

"Okay, Trump supporters. You can begin twisting as to why it would be 'different' this time."
It's gonna be difficult. Trump did impose sanctions just like Biden is doing.
Indeed. I don't recall anyone criticizing Trump for not acting preemptively, as they are doing to Biden.

I miss Trump. He was a player. Not a senile scarecrow.

Here ya go.

Now, go play with Trump.

The adults won't miss you.

Trump was certainly crude at times. He wasn't always correct, but who is?
But he was a competent administrator.
Unlike the current stuffed suit.

Here ya go.

Now, go play with Trump.

The adults won't miss you.

Sorry Grandpappy, Cole is spot on.

7.jpg

strong-tough-old-man-25552203.jpg

Don't be a tough guy.

badsalesperson.jpg

Let's work out a deal!

i-ll-call-you-later-sure-cheating-businessman-lies-says-will-fact-s-not-going-to-do-all-46411258.jpg

I will call you later.

Uhh...crude doesn't quite cover it. I'd say...what?...senile scarecrow? Lol. I don't insult scarecrows.

No, he was and is a liar and a dangerous idiot. Biden is a lot of things and the polls reflect that ..however, he's not dangerous and he's honorable, Trump is not.

He wasn't competent, he got people killed and challenged our Republic. A hundred years ago he would have been convicted of treason and hung.

No, he was and is a liar and a dangerous idiot. Biden is a lot of things and the polls reflect that ..however, he's not dangerous and he's honorable, Trump is not.

He wasn't competent, he got people killed and challenged our Republic. A hundred years ago he would have been convicted of treason and hung.
The founding fathers would have had the heretic stoned.

I completely disagree. Biden is well-suited for the job. He cares about other people, about America. He is a good manager. He has built a good team, and a good approach to the Russian aggression on a country whose people look a lot like us. A modern society. People with nice clothes and nice cars who just want to live a peaceful life. And they don't want to be Russians.

Trump only cares about himself. And he is a terrible manager. If he was a competent administrator he would have assembled a team to produce the marvelous health care plan that everybody was going to be pleased with to replace Obamacare. He would have worked with Congress to get everybody on board, and he would have passed it, as he promised he would do.

Instead, he simply sat back and watched himself on TV on many channels. He waited for Congress to produce a health care plan and vowed he would sign it, whatever they produced. Republicans had the majority. They could have passed anything they agreed on. but they couldn't even agree with themselves on what would be any better than Obamacare. Can you believe that? After all the strong statements about how they could do so much better, when it came right down to it, they couldn't do it.

Boy, did that ever shut Republicans up about health care! We don't hear a peep out of them about that any more.

America was curious about having Trump as president. An outsider. There was this notion that an outsider could really shake things up in Washington. But that never happened. The swamp is as swampy as ever. Of course, it will stay that way, too, as long as corruption is legal. And corruption will stay legal as long as the oligarchs of America can keep the left and the right at one another's throats.

If the left and the right could ever agree that our common nemesis is the big money oligarchs; and stand together against big money corruption of DC, the oligarchs would be toast. There are not enough of them to get their way in an election. They win by getting common Americans to vote against their own better interest. They elected Trump, and they got the biggest tax cut for the rich in this century. And they got the right to vote for it, even though the tax cut for middle Americans is only temporary. Republicans voted against their own better interest.

Trump said while campaigning that he could completely pay off the federal debt in 8 years. Nobody in their right mind with any understanding of mathematics and politics would believe that. What a lie! It was totally foolish to vote for Trump.

And then his voters had to cash in their morals to support him after the Hollywood Access video scandal.

Trump is nothing but a sweet-talking shyster conman grifter. He doesn't know how to manage things very well. He knows how to rob, cheat, steal, lie and cover his tracks by saying opposing things so that any follower could claim he said the right thing on any subject. Even since this war began he has praised both Putin and Zelenskyy. Covering his tracks, once again.

He writes very few emails, keeps very few records. The fewer the better. And he destroys records that are required by law to be kept. He cancelled the ethics training for all White House workers normally conducted when a new administration takes over. He doesn't want to get convicted for what he does.

Trump is a very slick crook who has the gift of gab and is able to convince people to adore him. He has this Elvis-like charm. People flock to him like he is some kind of God. I don't get it. I see right through him. I think it is very sad what he has done to this country, dividing us, insulting people, stirring up anger and resentment. Advancing racism and hatred just to get more votes.

Everybody should take a very close objective look at who Trump really is. A crook.

If Trump was president while Putin attacked Ukraine, Trump would try to make it about himself and try to take credit for something 'good' about it. He wouldn't give two hoots about Ukraine, and he would try to claim NATO was bad.

Back
Top Bottom