• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What to do about New York State?

Toughen up!

although i Despise what Moses did to the Bronx and most anything he touched with his ill conceived ideas and implementations, it's a pretty awesome ride.

The LIE, and all of Long Island, the armpit of the nation IMHO. So I do sympathize with you on that part of your drive.

You need to get around more if that's your thought.

NYC is one of the greatest cities in the entire world. Guess which city trump loves the most? Yep - New York City. When you insult NYC , you are insulting trump. Why do you hate trump so much?

Why are you obsessed with Trump so much? You find any tiny thread to tie to him and then bash away. WTF is your problem?

I don't care what you believe. Fee absolute title is what I purchased on more than a 150k acres that were of gov't offerings since WWI. Average price 44¢ per acre with no other interested parties. Same for 2k acres of railroad land.

There is no "You people" in NY. Especially in western and upstate NY. The regions have emptied. Those remaining are not homogenized, especially with city folk. The cities are shadows of what they were. Some luxury areas retain their glory, some regions benefit from tourism, but they are few and far between. If I could afford more land and the costs of management, I could triple my holdings overnight. And I am one of the small land bankers.

Liberals are despised outside the college towns, and you don't have a clue. None of the conservatives want fracking, they've seen what it does in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and so forth. They are not deaf, dumb and blind. The pollution of the Hudson by GE and others taught them a lesson, and did the Love Canal. NY is terrific horse breeding country, check out Fort Salonga on Long Island. Most expensive Thorobreds in the country, not to mention the equestrian ranches of Columbia County.

Really? Grew up next town over. Don't remember more than a few horse farms, breeding or otherwise there. I think you live a very sheltered elite life that is not in step with the majority of NYS population.

They also close down the airport whenever trump goes to NYC. Can you imagine how much the businesses lose whenever the streets are closed down just so trump can have a clean ride to and from trump towers and the airport?

They do the same thing in Florida. They close down the airport and all the streets to and from Mar-lar-go. This costs taxpayers MILLIONS and for what? Just so he can play golf and meet up with his rich white friends.

They don't close JFK when any President is in town. They may delay departures and arrivals for a few minutes and secure one part of the airport where AF1 is parked but that's about it. Same with the streets and the same with every President.

What is a huge local problem aviation wise is the fact that Trump spends so much time at Mar-a-Lago. The local general aviation airport - Latana - is virtually shutdown whenever the President is there. Not only can aircraft owners not use their aircraft - though I'd guess some would have relocated - but local flight schools and aircraft rental companies cannot operate at all while the President it there. That also impacts fuel sales and maintenance work. Those businesses have likely lost millions of dollars in revenues.

I'm not sure how much worse NY can get.

Come to San Francisco - the ideal blue city where the smell of exotic foods and french bread has been replace by the feces, urine, rotten corpses, and the homeless. Drug addicts shooting up in plain sight, every bush a home to some vagrant. The light standards are rotting out due to so much urine, and the Millennium building is beginning to tilt due to a urine soaked foundation. (OK, I made that part up... but tests are still being done!)

30,000 auto break in's a year for a population of 850,000. The only time the cops arrest someone is if they do it to them while they are in their squad cars.

Welcome to your future.

Really? Grew up next town over. Don't remember more than a few horse farms, breeding or otherwise there. I think you live a very sheltered elite life that is not in step with the majority of NYS population.

I never lived in Fort Salonga, one of the most expensive areas on LI, maybe even more expensive than Muttontown. 9 horse raising farms of truly elite horses, world famous in equestrian circles. Your ignorance is not my problem.

Learn how to read and understand before mouthing off. I can afford Columbia County, but it would break my budget.

I've said it here before. I grew up in the projects, at the edge of Flushing across the street from Queens College. I doubt you ever stepped foot in northwestern NY. Columbia County is just north of Dutchess County, it is considered downstate, like everything else south of Albany.

You're still confusing NYC and Long Island with the rest of the State and you don't know jack. Just another liberal who doesn't know better. That doesn't make me a conservative. Take it somewhere else.

What are they? I wouldn't consider Rhinebeck as being 'upstate'. And where are all these French speaking people you speak of?

Who said Rhinebeck is upstate? I see you've spent time along the Great Lakes and the Finger Lake region. Even more south of Buffalo and Rochester, much time visiting lands adjoining the reservations, not that they themselves matter that much at 50 acres each.

Now try getting back to land control and the NYC watershed. Oh I know, for the good of the city which has more people. (sarcasm off)

Ta ta now.

You need to get around more if that's your thought.

maybe you ought to respect other's perspectives and stuff your ego back in your pants, it makes you look stupid, hanging it out like that.

I never lived in Fort Salonga, one of the most expensive areas on LI, maybe even more expensive than Muttontown. 9 horse raising farms of truly elite horses, world famous in equestrian circles. Your ignorance is not my problem.

Learn how to read and understand before mouthing off. I can afford Columbia County, but it would break my budget.

I've said it here before. I grew up in the projects, at the edge of Flushing across the street from Queens College. I doubt you ever stepped foot in northwestern NY. Columbia County is just north of Dutchess County, it is considered downstate, like everything else south of Albany.

You're still confusing NYC and Long Island with the rest of the State and you don't know jack. Just another liberal who doesn't know better. That doesn't make me a conservative. Take it somewhere else.

the guy is a typing train wreck.

Come to San Francisco - the ideal blue city where the smell of exotic foods and french bread has been replace by the feces, urine, rotten corpses, and the homeless. Drug addicts shooting up in plain sight, every bush a home to some vagrant. The light standards are rotting out due to so much urine, and the Millennium building is beginning to tilt due to a urine soaked foundation. (OK, I made that part up... but tests are still being done!)

30,000 auto break in's a year for a population of 850,000. The only time the cops arrest someone is if they do it to them while they are in their squad cars.

Welcome to your future.

Damn.

First, not a liberal. Second, Fort Salonga is NOT one of the most expensive areas on LI. Doesn't even have it's own zip code. But hey, I bet the drunks that hang at the Fort Salonga Inn would be impressed knowing people think that. Third, I've never head anyone ever refer to Columbia or Dutchess counties as 'downstate'. Certainly not the people I work with that live there. And I've set more than a foot in the nw part of NY.

So let's not talk about ignorance, ok? If you "own a small farm with a manor house in Rhinebeck, and now 586,000 acres of arbored land in NW NYS." you can certainly afford Columbia County :roll:

Last edited:
maybe you ought to respect other's perspectives and stuff your ego back in your pants, it makes you look stupid, hanging it out like that.

Maybe you ought to think about where you are insulting before doing so. You schooling anyone on respecting other's perspectives is hilarious, based on many of your posts.

Who said Rhinebeck is upstate? I see you've spent time along the Great Lakes and the Finger Lake region. Even more south of Buffalo and Rochester, much time visiting lands adjoining the reservations, not that they themselves matter that much at 50 acres each.

Now try getting back to land control and the NYC watershed. Oh I know, for the good of the city which has more people. (sarcasm off)

Ta ta now.

You said "If you don't speak French you are the enemy to true upstaters. Dutch and German helps." The Great Lakes and Finger Lake region is not all there is Upstate, nor is French the language of "true upstaters"

Maybe you ought to think about where you are insulting before doing so. You schooling anyone on respecting other's perspectives is hilarious, based on many of your posts.

others do not insult us

our words and actions insult us

so, if you feel you have been insulted you must look within'.

giphy.gif

I've lived in NY all my life.. NYC never been better, Amazon even wants to move there. Where I live the unemployment rate is about 3%.. And has been for years. Upstate is hurting in places, but upstate has been Republican for decades. Now some of it has switched, they can't do any worse then the decades of do nothing Republicans.

It is funny seeing the monthly California and NY and any Blue State is a 3rd world hell hole threads from jealous conservatives who only wish some of their red states like Mississippi were doing as good as NY and Cali.

Seriously there's 19 mil people here, that's plenty. The rest of you can go live in those ranked 50th in everything states down south... lol

I've lived in NY all my life.. NYC never been better, Amazon even wants to move there. Where I live the unemployment rate is about 3%.. And has been for years. Upstate is hurting in places, but upstate has been Republican for decades. Now some of it has switched, they can't do any worse then the decades of do nothing Republicans.

It is funny seeing the monthly California and NY and any Blue State is a 3rd world hell hole threads from jealous conservatives who only wish some of their red states like Mississippi were doing as good as NY and Cali.

Seriously there's 19 mil people here, that's plenty. The rest of you can go live in those ranked 50th in everything states down south... lol

Coming from a "moderate" who's state is dead last in private sector job growth because of ultra high taxation, overly generous welfare bennies, and onerous business regulations.

Coming from a "moderate" who's state is dead last in private sector job growth because of ultra high taxation, overly generous welfare bennies, and onerous business regulations.

3% unemployment where I live.. Housing and apartments going up everywhere. NYC never doing better. Amazon wants to move here.

Like I said, we got enough people here. It's a big country, plenty of room down south, Mississippi sounds right for you. Stay out of NY or move out..

Meh...It is their state. Let them rule it the way they see fit.
There are 49 others if some don't like it there.

Some New Yorkers don't like Texas either, but it is the way we like it, so too bad for them.
Just like it is too bad for me if I don't like it the way they do things.
It is their state, so they get to make the rules.

I will tell you this, New York state takes cooking with apples to a whole new level I never knew.

Meh...It is their state. Let them rule it the way they see fit.
There are 49 others if some don't like it there.

Some New Yorkers don't like Texas either, but it is the way we like it, so too bad for them.
Just like it is too bad for me if I don't like it the way they do things.
It is their state, so they get to make the rules.

I will tell you this, New York state takes cooking with apples to a whole new level I never knew.

Exactly.. And I especially love it when so called 'state rights advocates' blast other states about how the citizens run their own states. About every month a 'NY, California, etc. Blue state sux thread is started here. And I wonder why someone from Alabama or where ever and who daily goes on and on about 'States Rights' would care about how California runs their own state. It's of course because of politics, but it is weird seeing how they don't see how hypocritical they are being.

And NY is 2nd in Apple growing, behind Washington State, thus the Apple fetish here. lol

3% unemployment where I live.. Housing and apartments going up everywhere. NYC never doing better. Amazon wants to move here.

Like I said, we got enough people here. It's a big country, plenty of room down south, Mississippi sounds right for you. Stay out of NY or move out..
No way. I live here and I'll be damned if Prince Andrew sonOfACuomo is going to get a free ride. I expect the Republicans to obstruct everything that asswad proposes.

Back
Top Bottom