• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What to do about New York State?

Bassman

Next we have #12. The Larch
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Well Libbies, you got your wish, at least as far as the People's Republik of New Yorkistan is concerned. The entire State Government will be under one party Democrat control for at least the next two years. Let's see how much damage the New York City gang can cause the state before the impotent GOP finally grow a pair of solid brass ones and begin to fight the Democrats, and fight them dirty if they have to. And these particular Democrats are dangerous Uber-Leftwing radicals, starting with Prince Andrew SonOfACuomo who is no friend to anyone except Downstate. In the meantime, more people will move out of New York and no business with an ounce of sanity would want to set up shop here. To those of you Downstate? Screw you and your governor, asswads!

Well Libbies, you got your wish, at least as far as the People's Republik of New Yorkistan is concerned. The entire State Government will be under one party Democrat control for at least the next two years. Let's see how much damage the New York City gang can cause the state before the impotent GOP finally grow a pair of solid brass ones and begin to fight the Democrats, and fight them dirty if they have to. And these particular Democrats are dangerous Uber-Leftwing radicals, starting with Prince Andrew SonOfACuomo who is no friend to anyone except Downstate. In the meantime, more people will move out of New York and no business with an ounce of sanity would want to set up shop here. To those of you Downstate? Screw you and your governor, asswads!

I'm not sure how much worse NY can get.

Maybe Snake Plissken can help you.

Just an informational note. Most people upstate think that a disproportionate amount of tax dollars go Downstate (NYC), and it's not true. A disproportionate amount goes upstate. Besides that, the city of Buffalo looks like it's doing better than it has in years. Vote Green next time.
/

Just an informational note. Most people upstate think that a disproportionate amount of tax dollars go Downstate (NYC), and it's not true. A disproportionate amount goes upstate. Besides that, the city of Buffalo looks like it's doing better than it has in years. Vote Green next time.
/

HAHAHAHA. Buffalo doing better? My ass! The neighborhoods still receive zero attention from Byron "Steve Urkel" Brown while Downtown, and especially, Canalside gets all the goodies. And no, I won't vote for Communism.

My suggestion for them would be repeal the State-Fed double jeopardy loophole, thereby disallowing Trump to pardon his family out of legal consequence.

In fact, I expect them to do just that.

/

Uh huh. Buffalo Billions. How many have been convicted so far. Paint jobs don't create employment. Yup, Kodak and Polaroid are history, IBM retreated long ago, Xerox retreated to its west coast park, exactly where are those jobs in Buffalo or is it so many left the employment ratios are looking better as more leave.

The carpetbagger senator from Westchester, promised 500k jobs for upstate and western NY, delivered none.

I closed on two abandoned farms contiguous to properties I've already bought for less than 20¢ on the dollar in upstate northwestern NY. Everything north of Albany still needs a painting as the population, already down 40-50% during the past 30 years continues to shrink rapidly. The City of Utica offered free houses, almost mansions, to anyone who would start a business in Utica, with tax abatements and cash grants. Hoping to attract immigrants. They had to bull doze 80 houses that would not last another winter without heat. Who wants to heat 30 rooms or so in upstate NY during the winter? Who could afford that today who would want to live on desolation rode?

I'm not sure how much worse NY can get.

When it becomes like Detroit, people will start to wake up. Some populations must suffer immensely before they learn.

Uh huh. Buffalo Billions. How many have been convicted so far. Paint jobs don't create employment. Yup, Kodak and Polaroid are history, IBM retreated long ago, Xerox retreated to its west coast park, exactly where are those jobs in Buffalo or is it so many left the employment ratios are looking better as more leave.

The carpetbagger senator from Westchester, promised 500k jobs for upstate and western NY, delivered none.

I closed on two abandoned farms contiguous to properties I've already bought for less than 20¢ on the dollar in upstate northwestern NY. Everything north of Albany still needs a painting as the population, already down 40-50% during the past 30 years continues to shrink rapidly. The City of Utica offered free houses, almost mansions, to anyone who would start a business in Utica, with tax abatements and cash grants. Hoping to attract immigrants. They had to bull doze 80 houses that would not last another winter without heat. Who wants to heat 30 rooms or so in upstate NY during the winter? Who could afford that today who would want to live on desolation rode?

It might be a good place to spend one's Social Security check. Would a small second hand store qualify for a cheap/free house?

Regrettably, all you say is true. Local nickname "Agony County" and it's real. Industry doesn't locate in low population density areas because it is hard to find qualified worker bees. There are no blue collar State or Federal infrastructure programs that generate long term jobs. Politicians pander to population densities for practical reasons and job security. Small farms can't make a living. Environmentally wonderful and family friendly so some people stay and tough it out. On a positive note, Elon Musk brought jobs to Buffalo. Green jobs, don't ya' know?
/

Regrettably, all you say is true. Local nickname "Agony County" and it's real. Industry doesn't locate in low population density areas because it is hard to find qualified worker bees. There are no blue collar State or Federal infrastructure programs that generate long term jobs. Politicians pander to population densities for practical reasons and job security. Small farms can't make a living. Environmentally wonderful and family friendly so some people stay and tough it out. On a positive note, Elon Musk brought jobs to Buffalo. Green jobs, don't ya' know?
/

Learn the history of the region. Musk delivered a self benefiting pr stunt, nothing of consequence.

I'm not complaining, I'm building an empire for future generations, Everything is in place, set for appropriate growth.

It might be a good place to spend one's Social Security check. Would a small second hand store qualify for a cheap/free house?

Visit first.

Not to mention Bethlehem and Republic Steel Companies, Buffalo Color Corporation, Buffalo China and Trico are all gone as well.

/

If you're talking about that farce called Tesla? That's only about 1/6 of the jobs that Republic Steel had on the same site when they were there. It's nothing but the same old, same old from Cuomo, Brown, and Higgins. Moe, Larry and Curly.

If you're talking about that farce called Tesla? That's only about 1/6 of the jobs that Republic Steel had on the same site when they were there. It's nothing but the same old, same old from Cuomo, Brown, and Higgins. Moe, Larry and Curly.

I like the metaphors. How many jobs have you produced in the area?
/

I like the metaphors. How many jobs have you produced in the area?
/

I created 412 full time employment slots and 32 part time slots, plus created work for independent contractors before I retired. I started with me and a 17 year high school graduate who could type 40 words a minute and knew how to keep a list of contacts and my calendar after I showed her. After ten years I made her a partner, today she owns the company and since I retired increases the size and volume of work by about 20%. I'm retired 3 years. Her company is now the only woman owned company in the industry, and the fastest growing. She turns down far more clients than she takes on, pacing growth with proper training of new personnel, same as myself. Quality talks, not BS public relations.

When it becomes like Detroit, people will start to wake up. Some populations must suffer immensely before they learn.

Brilliant!

If some of these liberals only knew what they are setting their grandchildren up for!

Sad!

I created 412 full time employment slots and 32 part time slots, plus created work for independent contractors before I retired. I started with me and a 17 year high school graduate who could type 40 words a minute and knew how to keep a list of contacts and my calendar after I showed her. After ten years I made her a partner, today she owns the company and since I retired increases the size and volume of work by about 20%. I'm retired 3 years. Her company is now the only woman owned company in the industry, and the fastest growing. She turns down far more clients than she takes on, pacing growth with proper training of new personnel, same as myself. Quality talks, not BS public relations.

Sing it brother, quality service, quality products is the only way to do business.

Now we hear about Amazon moving into NYC and New Era Cap Co. closing its Derby plant. How much worse does it have to get before someone actually gives a flying damn about the rest of the state?

Now we hear about Amazon moving into NYC and New Era Cap Co. closing its Derby plant. How much worse does it have to get before someone actually gives a flying damn about the rest of the state?

Not for nothin', why would anyone care about Buffalo?

Back
Top Bottom