• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What to do about New York State?

If you're talking about that farce called Tesla? That's only about 1/6 of the jobs that Republic Steel had on the same site when they were there. It's nothing but the same old, same old from Cuomo, Brown, and Higgins. Moe, Larry and Curly.

Wasn't it that great Conservative Icon Ronald Reagan who suggested you vote with your feet?

Well Libbies, you got your wish, at least as far as the People's Republik of New Yorkistan is concerned. The entire State Government will be under one party Democrat control for at least the next two years. Let's see how much damage the New York City gang can cause the state before the impotent GOP finally grow a pair of solid brass ones and begin to fight the Democrats, and fight them dirty if they have to. And these particular Democrats are dangerous Uber-Leftwing radicals, starting with Prince Andrew SonOfACuomo who is no friend to anyone except Downstate. In the meantime, more people will move out of New York and no business with an ounce of sanity would want to set up shop here. To those of you Downstate? Screw you and your governor, asswads!

Well around here you boy Basile decided to side with the Hasidic community in KJ. This district was held for over 20 years by Larkin. Siding with KJ actually unites both sides in opposition. It sure did in Monroe. The Hasidic Community has also destroyed much of Ramapo in Rockland County. You sound upset, LOL! Amazon is supposed to be moving part of its new HQ to LIC. They are not looking forward to the congestion but it should be more economic activity. We will see.

Well Libbies, you got your wish, at least as far as the People's Republik of New Yorkistan is concerned. The entire State Government will be under one party Democrat control for at least the next two years. Let's see how much damage the New York City gang can cause the state before the impotent GOP finally grow a pair of solid brass ones and begin to fight the Democrats, and fight them dirty if they have to. And these particular Democrats are dangerous Uber-Leftwing radicals, starting with Prince Andrew SonOfACuomo who is no friend to anyone except Downstate. In the meantime, more people will move out of New York and no business with an ounce of sanity would want to set up shop here. To those of you Downstate? Screw you and your governor, asswads!

Fight the democrats and fight them dirty if they have to???? Where have you been the last 10 years? The republiKKKans have been fighting dirty for years. It is the democrats that keep taking the frigging high road when the arseholes go low.

My suggestion for them would be repeal the State-Fed double jeopardy loophole, thereby disallowing Trump to pardon his family out of legal consequence.

In fact, I expect them to do just that.

Wouldn't that be delicious? Even better - close down trump towers and kick the trumps out of NY altogether. The NY taxpayers have been paying millions in security and closing down streets every time the trumps go to NYC to meet up with their russian comrades.

Somethin like that :lol:

I'm definitely in the South and not a city-slicker.

Oh we all knew you lived in the South. Uneducated racist rednecks are 'very fine people'.

Now we hear about Amazon moving into NYC and New Era Cap Co. closing its Derby plant. How much worse does it have to get before someone actually gives a flying damn about the rest of the state?

11/8/16 was indeed a great relief for America. And trump has been relieving himself all over the US constitution ever since. Well we know he loves golden showers.

Somethin like that :lol:

I'm definitely in the South and not a city-slicker.

You need to come to NYC and enjoy the best the world has to offer among the greatest building achievement our species has ever toiled to erect.

Wouldn't that be delicious? Even better - close down trump towers and kick the trumps out of NY altogether. The NY taxpayers have been paying millions in security and closing down streets every time the trumps go to NYC to meet up with their russian comrades.

They shut down my mid block walk through... really adds to my walk.

You need to come to NYC and enjoy the best the world has to offer among the greatest building achievement our species has ever toiled to erect.

I don't like big cities for many reasons, but I hear upstate is actually nice. The problems occur when big population centers make the legislation for the rest of the people in the state due to numbers. It's like that in many states that I've visited. I can only imagine how bad it'd be in NY.

I don't like big cities for many reasons, but I hear upstate is actually nice. The problems occur when big population centers make the legislation for the rest of the people in the state due to numbers. It's like that in many states that I've visited. I can only imagine how bad it'd be in NY.

The city has no jurisdiction over none city areas.

There are zero issues in this regard. In fact, it helps the rest of the state as the city sends revenues to Albany that go to the less populated areas.

It's definitely a benefit to have NYC in your state.

There are zero issues in this regard. In fact, it helps the rest of the state as the city sends revenues to Albany that go to the less populated areas.

I didn't say jurisdiction. There were a lot of folks upstate that wanted to keep their guns/mags when they passed the SAFE act, for instance. Since NYC has almost half of the population of the entire state, they disproportionately have a say in more land than they should.

I didn't say jurisdiction. There were a lot of folks upstate that wanted to keep their guns/mags when they passed the SAFE act, for instance. Since NYC has almost half of the population of the entire state, they disproportionately have a say in more land than they should.

How is it disproportional to have one person one vote?

What is disproportional is the freakin' senate where we enjoy minority rule.

How is it disproportional to have one person one vote?

What is disproportional is the freakin' senate where we enjoy minority rule.

I just explained it to you. High population density areas end up having a say in not only their own area, but also others'. And it's not just to do with law, budgets are also a problem. Big cities are very inefficient places to live. They must steal from their surroundings to stay prosperous. The country folk end up having to give their money to pay off the large debt created by NY City, and they get nothing out of the deal.

Folks think they've progressed from monarchies and their castles...they haven't as much as they'd like to think.

I just explained it to you. High population density areas end up having a say in not only their own area, but also others'. And it's not just to do with law, budgets are also a problem. Big cities are very inefficient places to live. They must steal from their surroundings to stay prosperous. The country folk end up having to give their money to pay off the large debt created by NY City, and they get nothing out of the deal.

Folks think they've progressed from monarchies and their castles...they haven't as much as they'd like to think.

And this is the very reason WHY the Electoral College exists for the Presidency. I don't want NY Sh!tty, LA, Chicago, or any other urban sh*thole dictating the agenda for the rest of the nation.

Well around here you boy Basile decided to side with the Hasidic community in KJ. This district was held for over 20 years by Larkin. Siding with KJ actually unites both sides in opposition. It sure did in Monroe. The Hasidic Community has also destroyed much of Ramapo in Rockland County. You sound upset, LOL! Amazon is supposed to be moving part of its new HQ to LIC. They are not looking forward to the congestion but it should be more economic activity. We will see.

All we need. As if the damned LIRR wasn't packed enough to begin and traffic in Queens doesn't already suck to high heaven.

What about the NYC Watershed?

I'm a city boy, however very much also an upstate man. Born in Brooklyn, raised in and living in Queens, owning a small farm with a manor house in Rhinebeck, and now 586,000 acres of arbored land in NW NYS. Three to four very distinct cultures separate the people of the State, and most city people are ignorant of the rest of the state. Money is a relatively minor issue, culture a shock. If you don't speak French you are the enemy to true upstaters. Dutch and German helps.

All we need. As if the damned LIRR wasn't packed enough to begin and traffic in Queens doesn't already suck to high heaven.
Yeah my daughter goes to Stony Brook. I hate having to deal with the GW, the cross Bronx and the LIE.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah my daughter goes to Stony Brook. I hate having to deal with the GW, the cross Bronx and the LIE.

I went Fordham in the Bronx when I was in college 40 years ago. The Cross Bronx was a parking lot back then. If anything it’s worse now.

My son went to Stony Brook and his commute from Huntington where we live was often close to an hour. It should only be about 25-30 minutes given the distances involved.

What about the NYC Watershed?

I'm a city boy, however very much also an upstate man. Born in Brooklyn, raised in and living in Queens, owning a small farm with a manor house in Rhinebeck, and now 586,000 acres of arbored land in NW NYS. Three to four very distinct cultures separate the people of the State, and most city people are ignorant of the rest of the state. Money is a relatively minor issue, culture a shock. If you don't speak French you are the enemy to true upstaters. Dutch and German helps.

Rhinebeck’s pretty country. The aerodrome still operate? Haven’t been there is years.

Money used to be an issue. When I was a kid we hunted up in the Cairo area. There were families up there back then that either illegally took deer or went without meat more often than not.

I went Fordham in the Bronx when I was in college 40 years ago. The Cross Bronx was a parking lot back then. If anything it’s worse now.

My son went to Stony Brook and his commute from Huntington where we live was often close to an hour. It should only be about 25-30 minutes given the distances involved.
I was at Fordham a couple of months ago to see my daughter, soccer game although she is injured this semester. Right across from the botanical gardens. Had to pay to park. Thank God she has a car and drives. Although she is bringing a couple of international players for turkey day. Beats having to go pick them up! Attended quite a few soccer games and tournaments on the island. Always traffic.

Rhinebeck’s pretty country. The aerodrome still operate? Haven’t been there is years.

Money used to be an issue. When I was a kid we hunted up in the Cairo area. There were families up there back then that either illegally took deer or went without meat more often than not.

Yes, and the annual air show at the fair grounds is still fun.

Wherever you are in the state, taking deer for the table is never illegal, especially today. There are not enough hunters, not enough predators, and the overpopulation of deer is not just a nuisance but a health threat as tens of thousands die from starvation every winter leaving corpses that breed disease. Park Rangers send out squads of professional hunters, they don't come close to the need, tho food kitchens are thrilled with the bag.

Along the Great Lakes, and throughout the Finger Lakes region there are those who live off the land they and theirs never owned, but have traditionally trapped, hunted, fished and gathered off the land. They are why I say money doesn't matter. They are the ones who will stay while all others leave. Interesting peoples and they don't trust outsiders easily, many speak French and nothing else.

All beautiful country, for those who can handle the harsh winters.

The LIE is still Robert Moses and the world's largest parking lot. When I visit friends and family in the Hamptons or Montauk, I travel by boat. Faster, and I manage some fishing. The LIRR, from where I live, is still that fastest mode into midtown than any other transportation. In someways, a god send. Easier than walking the 10 blocks uphill to the Union Turnpike station for the E or F, 3 blocks and always a seat off peak. When I drive back or forth between Kew Gardens and parts of Forest Hills next door, for errands, what should be a 5-10 minute trip at most is often 20-30 minutes plus time consumed by parking spot hunting. Got to bring your own good music. :)

I thought he was dead.....

Snake is immortal, related to Doc Savage, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, Lord Greystoke, and many more. All living incognito.

Back
Top Bottom