• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What thoughts immidiately come to mind when you see this image?

well i have a different take then most people on the flag.

since i do a lot of reading on the founders and what their ideas were, i look at the u.s. flag as being a symbol of the federal government and not of the 50 states.

i don't agree with burning the flag, however i recognize people have the liberty to exercise many of their rights they have in ways i disagree with.

What about the fact that our modern 50 star flag is the direct decedent of the American flag flown during the revolutionary war before there even was a fed gov?
The year after the declaration of independence, right smack in the middle of the revolutionary war..

What about the fact that our modern 50 star flag is the direct decedent of the American flag flown during the revolutionary war before there even was a fed gov?
The year after the declaration of independence, right smack in the middle of the revolutionary war..

the flag was adopted by the federal government as its symbol, however the flag was never meant to be flown on state property, only on federal property, D.C. or for the military.

in original constitutional law of the founders, their are only state [C]itizens there is no such thing as a U.S. [c]itizen, and each Citizen of a state has his own state flag.

Some anti American that should move to Cuba

Burning the flag is a childish gesture. Pure emotion, nothing more.

What thoughts immediately come to mind when you see this image?

This is not some long drawn out constitutional discussion about any current SCOTUS decision, protester's right, or anything else.

This is an honest question about what thoughts immediately comes into your head when you see this image.

View attachment 67210604

Whomever burned it had better owned it.

the flag was adopted by the federal government as its symbol, however the flag was never meant to be flown on state property, only on federal property, D.C. or for the military.

in original constitutional law of the founders, their are only state [C]itizens there is no such thing as a U.S. [c]itizen, and each Citizen of a state has his own state flag.

You make a good point.

Why don't protestors burn the state flag when they are angry with a particular police department or something within the state?

I guess it wouldn't have the impact as burning the country's flag.

Back
Top Bottom