• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What this country needs in 2008

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Every day it becomes more apparent to me than the day before.

The 2008 presidential election will be upon us before we know it and I truly believe that what this country needs more than anything is a president who will bring this country back together.

Personally, I could care less if it is a democrat, republican or whatever -- but I would like to see a uniter, someone who will bring us together as a nation.

Bush ran as a uniter but has driven this country to the edge of a cultural civil war. History will show that Bush never had an agenda of uniting the country, his agenda is to promote the extremist interests of the so called "christian" right.

Bush squandered the coming together of this nation after 9/11 but pursuing his imperialistic ideals and catering to these special interest groups, and as a result this country is more bitterly divided than at any time in the history of this country since the civil war.

So, I appeal to all, democrats, republicans, libertarians, independents, etc...lets find a candidate that can unite us as a country so that we can move forward, despite our differences and respecting our diversity.

There will be no unity. We will ride our politics of division, our partisanship and our hyphens, into ruin; when our economy shatters, we will be too busy blaming each other for our poverty to fix it.

Maybe, after we have suffered enough, we will try to rebuild, and think about what it means to be "one nation, indivisible".

One can only be a uniter when all sides consider "uniting" an option...

Currently, that is not the case...

Howard Dean may not be running for anything, but his elbows appear to be as sharp as ever.

Since taking over as chairman of the Democratic National Committee earlier this year, the former presidential candidate has been quoted in newspapers making unusually caustic remarks about Republicans.

Dean has suggested that they are "evil." That they are "corrupt." He called them "brain-dead" during a stop in Toronto...

This is from the CHAIRMAN of the DNC...Irrelevant of whom the President is, does this sound like someone that WANTS to unite?...Do you think there is one person out there that can become President and CHANGE his position?...

:no:

disneydude said:
Every day it becomes more apparent to me than the day before.

The 2008 presidential election will be upon us before we know it and I truly believe that what this country needs more than anything is a president who will bring this country back together.

Personally, I could care less if it is a democrat, republican or whatever -- but I would like to see a uniter, someone who will bring us together as a nation.

Bush ran as a uniter but has driven this country to the edge of a cultural civil war. History will show that Bush never had an agenda of uniting the country, his agenda is to promote the extremist interests of the so called "christian" right.

Bush squandered the coming together of this nation after 9/11 but pursuing his imperialistic ideals and catering to these special interest groups, and as a result this country is more bitterly divided than at any time in the history of this country since the civil war.

So, I appeal to all, democrats, republicans, libertarians, independents, etc...lets find a candidate that can unite us as a country so that we can move forward, despite our differences and respecting our diversity.

This is assuming it is a priority of the culture of politics in Washington to unite the country. Increasingly, I suspect it is not.

Back
Top Bottom